News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Only thing I can think of is copying Solgaleo GX's attacks which deal a good amount of damage (230 to be exact). Zoroark Break, Clefairy (EVO), and Mew EX are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Or disrupting your opponent's set up (like turn one Glaceon GX= no turn one Brigette).

Don't forget about your tried-and-true techs.
Espeon-EX will be great at disrupting rare candy set-ups, as well as stealing KOs on Cosmoem.
Tapu-Fini can create a lot of trouble for Solgaleo, if you use your GX attack wisely; especially when combined with the new Cyrus card.

Honestly... We just need a reprint Hex Maniac, and all the decks will be put in check.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
Uhh...

60 (Mt. Coronet) + 30 (Choice Band) + 60 (Starmie EVO) + 10 (1 Dhelmise GRI) + 60 (Rimbombee BUS) + 30 (just 1 energy lying around) = 250. For 0 energy, and once set up you can do this every turn. Also hits Gardevoir for weakness so u only need 4 energy discards or 3 with band.
you don't need dhelmise, another starmie is 30 damage if you discard an energy.

this deck could actually run on energy-heavy, and with cards like mars/kukui/hau and such. just fill your bench with starmie and roll

Yog

Rogue
Errr, I don't think they just release a Gardevoir and *then* suddenly realise whoops it's broken, better release some Metal cards. These cards are planned out at least one year in advance if not more.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Alolan Dugtrio - Hmm! 60 HP, vulnerable to easy OHKO, weak to Volcanion. Annoying Retreat Cost. The attack is very worth it with Key Mountain (Mt. Coronet) for 0 Energy to deal lots of damage, but being 60 HP attacker, not worth it boys. Not worth it. 2-3 Geodudes

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Imagine double Starmie though, that hits 210 with Choice Band. Only draw back is the low HP, but it is a one-prize attacker. I just wish Pokémon would stop making cards that let Metal types "steel" the spotlight from other decks like Volcanion EX or Garbodor.
Volcanion EX decks are pretty much dead since the release of the new solgaleo gx and glaceon gx sadly, i really like volcanion.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
These cards are weird... The last A Dugtrio had 3 retreat... why does this one have 1? Why does this one have 60 HP as a stage 1 pokemon? Like maybe I'd understand Diglett had a evolution cheat ability or something...

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
  • Alolan Dugtrio - Hmm! 60 HP, vulnerable to easy OHKO, weak to Volcanion. Annoying Retreat Cost. The attack is very worth it with Key Mountain (Mt. Coronet) for 0 Energy to deal lots of damage, but being 60 HP attacker, not worth it boys. Not worth it. 2-3 Geodudes
I think that as an early game attacker it can work tho. Besides, 100 hp with Muscle Dumbells isnt horrible... ish... i just want the hair to be good... sadness...

fleshrum

Cephalophore
the attack is nonsense, since you can do it for free but it still "requires" energy. But that's the kind of time-tested nonsense that makes this game so magnificent.

I hope someone breaks it.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
The 60 HP is to equal out power, do you know dugtrios speed stat?
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dugtrio_(Pokémon)#Alolan_Dugtrio_3

30x the amount of (M) you discard isn't really that powerful especially not for a stage 1. Alolan Diglett has 50 HP too which is Alolan Ninetales GX heaven. The retreat cost of pokemon cards isn't directly related to pokemon game speed stats, and I wasn't saying 1 retreat was weird, I was saying the inconsistency was weird (though slightly less weird to me now that I've looked at the first A Dugtrio card and noticed it has a 2 retreat, not a 3 retreat).

In general this card though is just... not good... and in a meta were we really need some non-GX shining stars every new bulk card that gets released is very disappointing. We need this generation's Silver Bangle.