Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: November 2017 - No Boundaries - All Results Up!

AAHAHAHAHA I FORGOT I CAN FINALLY SUBMIT MY ENTRY!
Silvally_CaC.png
Man, I had no idea what I was gonna do this time around. No Boundaries... it's one heck of a theme, that's for sure. Then, Prism Stars were revealed. I quickly displayed my love for them and rushed asche into making blanks for them (thank u so much @aschefield101!!!, you're a fricken amazing human). So, I created this, and holy crap I love this thing so much. I designed it to give a deck that would normally have a really hard time against a certain deck to have an option against it's type. I added the "You can't use this attack on your first turn." because of @PMJ and his complaints, which, despite my reactions, (which i'm very sorry about, by the way), I actually considered quite a bit.
Also, MAJOR CREDITS TO:

Asche for the blank, symbols, font placements, once again, fantastic human
Tapwing for the BEAUTIFUL art, please check out the rest of their art, it's absolutely amazing (look at the Nihilego, it's fantastic :eek:), link to the original piece here.
  • The option to change your type to colorless what intentional, simply because of the feeling of completeness :p
  • The distorted holosheet was intentionally split up the way it is... it makes it look prismatic
Wishiwashi (Sun & Moon 44) - "You can't use this _ during your first turn...
Everything else came from just common wording knowlege

It's still broken.

Barely made it this time. I didn`t have time.
My Entry:
bw_piplup_pb_cac_by_dashking2007-dbuxi6z.png
References:
Empoleon PLB (plasma blast) Formating
Dedenne BTH Bubble Beam
Bouffalant DRX Cute Charm

Zorua – [D] – Basic Pokémon – 60HP
NO: 507 Tricky Fox Pokémon HT: 2’04’’ WT: 27.6 lb

Ability: Multiply
This card counts as 2 cards when discarded from the hand.

[C] Grand Heist
You can use this attack only if there are 3 Zorua in your discard pile. Shuffle 3 Zorua from your discard pile into your deck. Shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. Discard the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck.

Dex Entry: If a normally talkative child suddenly stops talking, it may have been replaced by Zorua.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
I was inspired by Alolan Raticate GX. I wanted to make it viable, by creating a card that counts as multiple when discarded. I thought that it would work with a basic, and have a way to send it back to your deck with an attack, but have a cheesy effect. So, when all are out, shuffle them back and mill cards. [C] was acceptable as a cost
Archie’s Ace in the Hole
Rescue Stretcher
Accelgor Deck and Cover
Durant BKP

I'm going to have to drop sadly, hopefully image based doesn't fill (I doubt it with a day remaining..) but if it does I'll take the penalty.

I've also got to drop, I haven't been inspired to do anything as of late. I'll take the penalty, and return when I'm motivated to do something.

Ditto HP 40 Colorless
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Dittevolve
Once during your turn, (before your attack) you may use this Ability. Search your deck for a Stage 1 Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon (this counts as evolving this Pokémon). The new Pokémon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) Teb, shuffle your deck. You cannot use this Ability on your first turn or the turn this Pokémon was put into play.

[C] DNA Scramble
If this Pokémon has Ditto under it, search your deck for a Stage 2 Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon (this counts as Evolving this Pokémon). The new Pokémon can use any attacks from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) Then, shuffle your deck.

This strange breed of Ditto can actually evolve into other Pokémon! Spectacular!

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Fan-Voting Results

Here are the results!

Image-Based:
1st:
@TheNyanCatXD- Silvally Prism Star - 39 points
2nd: @Kavross - Bisharp - 17.5 points
3rd: @TheR3DX - Giratina-EX - 12 points

Text-Based:
1st:
@GekkisaiDaiNi - Lurantis - 16 points
2nd: @P3DS - Zorua - 15 points
3rd: @rainyman123 - Ditto - 12 points
4th: @TheFlyingPidove - Torterra Prism Star - 7 points

Congratulations to the winners of the fan's choice voting! The December's Create-A-Card has just gone up, and expect to see the official November judging in the near future.

Image-Based Results

Judge: @bbninjas

We didn't have as many entries this month, but the entries were still looking great across the board! Font and Placement errors were the main factor in the placings this month. If your score for that category was rather low, I'd recommend checking out this DIY Fonts and Placements guide. Cross-referencing your placements can make a huge difference in your final score!

Kavross:
The thing that stands out the most is the art. It’s very unique, and although the style isn’t my favourite, it feels to be a very appropriate choice for the Pokekyun Collection style that you were going for. If you wanted those beads, my recommendation would to literally be cutting-and-pasting them from an official card. :p

Effect-wise, there’s nothing particularly new going on here. The flavour is nice, and as you acknowledged, Boundless Blade is very similar to Haxorus BKT’s Dragon Dance. The slight difference in that you flip a coin does make me concerned about logistics, as since there isn’t a single possible damage increase, there is no way for a player to accurately recall the amount the damage they’ve added via the attack, if they happen to forget (which could happen if Bisharp is sitting in the Active for a while). I actually suspect that the reason for the “You can’t add more than 100 damage in this way” clause for Haxorus was partially for this logistics reason. Balancing looks fine here.

Wording errors:
- “times the number of heads” should be “for each heads”. This is because the former is used when multiplying the base damage, whereas the latter is for adding damage, and in your attack you’re technically adding damage to your base output. (-1pt)
- “(before applying Weakness and Resistance)” should be italicised. (-1pt)

Fonts and Placement errors:
- There’s this weird dark shadowy thing outside the [D]-type orb next to the HP, and jagged/blotchy overlapping of the holosheet of elements such as the silver bars around the card image. (-1pt).
- The “Bisharp” text should be a couple more pixels to the left. It might feel weird, but that’s how it is. (-1pt)
- The second two lines of the PokeDex entry are a few pixels too close to the silver margin. (-0.5pt)
- The individual attacks are a bit too squished together. You’d either need to reduce the text size so that there’s a few more pixels of room between each effect, or move the first attack up a couple of pixels. (-0.5pt)
- The weakness and resistance orbs should be moved about 5 pixels to the right and 10 pixels to the left respectively. (-1pt)
- The Retreat Cost orb should be approximately a whole orb over to the right. (-1pt)
- The CAC symbol is a bit too large for a set symbol. (-1pt)
- The “x” for “x20” is the wrong font, and the “-” for “-20” is too long. (-1pt)

Creativity/Originality: 9/15
(Nice flavour, with a twist on the derivative attack for Boundless Blade.)
Wording: 13/15
(A few minor errors.)
Fonts and Placement: 3/10
(A number of sneaky placement errors.)
Believability/Playability: 4/5
(A practicality concern for Boundless Blade.)
Aesthetics: 4/5
(Very accurate to the style you’re going for.)
Total: 33/50

professorlight:

Dark-Psychic dual types are probably the most aesthetic type combination, in my humble opinion! The art is once again stunning, and the holosheet is probably one of the best I’ve seen from you.

Dropping your Pokemon on your opponent’s Bench is always an interesting mechanic, and I especially like how you can retreat it as if it was your own. The problem is that there’s a ton of scenarios you have to consider and address in the effect, making it a very cumbersome to write. There’s stuff like: Can your opponent attach Energy/other cards to it? Can your opponent use it to attack, or retreat it? Can you KO Mismagius, and if so, do you take prize cards for it? ...and the list goes on. You also need to have something so that everyone knows that the Mismagius on your opponent’s Bench is yours (e.g. using markers, or turning the card a certain way, etc), in case your opponent is also running Mismagius . We don’t want the unnecessary trauma of having your cards stolen, now do we? Basically, all that stuff is why I recommend people to shy away from these sort of effects.

I like how you can use the attack from your Bench; it’s something fresh and new, and I’d honestly like to see an effect similar become official. Unfortunately, it is also very tricky to balance. Because you can attack from the Bench, you can have some nasty wall Pokemon up the front that might - say - lock your opponent out of using Trainers, and while that devastates your opponent, you’re safely dropping 5 or 10 damage counters per turn to get those prize cards. Unless they have some sort of Lysandre affect, your opponent is forced to kill the wall and not the Pokemon getting the KOs, allowing you to build up an army of virtually undefeatable Mismagiuses (‘cause they never see the front-line). Plus, by putting the defending Pokemon to sleep, you’re basically preventing it from attacking in the first place. It’s the ultimate low-risk, high-reward lock-down.

Wording errors:
- “in your opponent’s Bench” should be “on your opponent’s Bench”. x3 (-2pts)
- “ bench” and “active” should be capitalised as “Bench” (x4) and “Active” respectively. (-3pts)
- You don’t “place” damage counters, you “put” them on Pokemon. (-1pt)
- “from this Pokemon” should be “attached to this Pokemon”. (-1pt)
- “Discard 1” should be “Discard an”. (-1pt)
- The “Energy card” is attached to the Pokemon at the time of discarding, so it should be referred to as “Energy”. (-1pt)
- You need to clarify how your opponent may interact with Mismagius if it is on your opponent’s Bench, and what happens if you KO it. (-3pts)
- You need to clarify what happens with the other cards attached to Mismagius, on “placing” it on your opponent’s Bench. Do you place Mismagius and all cards attached to it? Do you devolve Mismagius so that you don’t have to worry about the attached cards, and then place Mismagius on your opponent’s Bench? (-3pts)

- Nothing appears weird or as if it is out of place.

Creativity/Originality: 13/15
(Highly creative, fun effects with good synergy and flavour.)
Wording: 0/15
(Tricky effects come with very tricky wording.)
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
(All good.)
Believability/Playability: 3/5
(Overpowered attack; Party Crasher needs a way to identify Mismagius as yours.)
Aesthetics: 5/5
(Stunning!)
Total: 31/50

TheR3DX:

That Distorted Draw Ability is completely left field, and I’m now wanting to steal it for one of my own cards! Rendering the drawn Prize card useless isn’t overpowered, since your opponent getting closer to winning is enough of a reward. It can take away that momentum typically achieved by gaining more resources, which is a rather powerful element of Prize cards, but it’s not enough to be directly game-changing. The use of the Lost Zone is very elegant in maintaining that balance.

I also like how there’s some slight synergy in Impale - it can keep your opponent from using stall tactics to dance around the Ability with Lysandre-esque effects, forcing your opponent to KO Giratina (as to avoid being KO’d on the second Impale themselves) and trigger the Ability. There’s also some synergy, which probably was not intended, in the attack cost sizes. Because your opponent would prefer to KO a Pokemon that isn’t Giratina-GX, they might leave that Giratina-GX that you’re in the progress of setting up alone on your Bench, making the attack costs more viable.

TCPi would never have an attack with the word “Damnation” in its name - they’re too kid-friendly for that.

A few higher skill level aesthetics stuff: the Giratina artwork looks pale and a bit like clay. That’s partially due to the model itself (which you can’t do much about), but you can increase contrast (and perhaps saturation) and decrease the lightness to make Giratina pop more, and fit more in with the darker background. I also see that you’ve modelled Giratina yourself; having more dynamic lighting (that is, pretty much more shadows) will really further the card.

Wording errors:
- “Knocked Out by an opponent’s attack” should be “Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack”. (-1pt)
- In the SM-era, when your opponent’s Pokemon is being inflicted by a Special Condition, that Pokemon is referred to as “Your opponent’s Active Pokemon”. (I believe this is to prevent you from applying a Special Condition to a Benched Pokemon in the case you could attack the Bench.). (-1pts)
- “...is Burned, Paralyzed…” should be “is now Burned, Paralyzed…”. (-1pt)
- The Distorted Draw effect doesn’t have any reliable references for the Prize card related stuff, although I know that “as a result of Knocking Out this Pokemon” would be written as “in this way” instead. (-1pt)

- The Ability and attack fonts, and the 200 in “HP 200” should be about one more point in font size. (-1.5pts)
- The “HP” font shouldn’t be the bold version of the font (it should be either condensed or medium if I recall correctly). (-1pt)
- “Giratina-GX” should be a couple more pixels over to the right. (-1pt)
- The space between the attack cost Energy orbs should be increased by a pixel. (-0.5pts)
- The attack names and effect text, and the Energy orbs, should begin about 5 more pixels to the left and a whole numeral more to the right. (-1pt)
- The illustration text and the set symbol text should each be a few more pixels downwards, and have more of a gap between them. (-1pt)
- The Weakness, Resistance and Retreat orbs and information should each be at least 5 more pixels to the right. (-1pt)
- The “Eternal Damnation GX” text and the “100” damage should be aligned relative to each other just as the other attack names and damage were. (-0.5pts)
- The lines for the effect of Distorted Draw is not evenly spaced (especially the last two lines). (-1pt)
- The Weakness, Resistance and Retreat orbs are quite a few pixels too large. (-1pt)

Creativity/Originality: 14/15
(Very out-of-the-box, great flavour and synergy.)
Wording: 11/15
(A few overlooked minor errors.)
Fonts and Placement: 0.5/10
(Quite the number of placement errors.)
(Perfectly balanced, but the use of “damn” is unbelievable.)
(Looks convincing enough.)
Total: 34.5/50

TheNyanCatXD:

It is an honour to judge the first Prism Star fake! Can I just say how remarkably realistic it looks, especially with that art?

It is tempting to justify how you are guaranteed to hit for Weakness using the Prism Star rule. However, upon comparing Silvally to the released Prism Stars, I’m pretty convinced this is still overpowered. It’s not too difficult to increase your damage output by another 30 base damage, meaning that after weakness you’re hitting for at least 180 damage, all for a single DCE! Especially since the meta is favouring evolutions, it is entirely possible for you to run over your opponent’s deck with KO after KO after the second turn, before they have the chance to set up. Things get worse when you can’t even wall Silvally, as the attack isn’t affected by effects on your opponent’s ‘mon. Not looking good for your opponent, is it?

I get where you were going with preventing Mania Laser’s use on the first turn, but it really doesn’t change much, as the only setup required for 1-hit KO is a DCE. You opponent won’t be able to prevent that in a single turn. Preventing resistance from affecting Mania Laser’s damage is also a bit weird, since you’re probably going to be changing type to hit for Weakness, and a Pokemon’s Weakness and Resistance is never the same. I guess it has use in the case the Ability gets “turned off”, but still.

Wording errors:
- There should be the word “type” immediately after you finish listing the types. (-1pt)
- “Resistance or any effects” should be “Resistance or any other effects”. (-1pt)

- The effects for the attacks should be justified an extra letter span more towards the right. (-1pt)
- I think that the damage text “60” is a pixel too small in size (both lengthways and widthways), but it’s within a reasonable margin of error, so I’m not docking points there.

Creativity/Originality: 11/15
(Flavour and some fun creativity in the attacks.)
(A couple of minor errors overlooked.)
Fonts and Placement: 9/10
(A single error)
Believability/Playability: 2/5
(Overpowered attack/Ability combination; weird effects for the attack.)
(A convincing Prism Star!)
Total: 40/50

King1313:

Eh, it is clear that you didn’t leave enough time to finish your entry properly. The fonts, the sizes and the placements are generally very wildly off, and since that is all quite messy, the art style takes away from the piece rather than adds to it. Gold borders is also weird.

There’s really not much to say about the attacks. They are all pretty standard.

Wording errors:
- There should be a “During your opponent’s next turn,” clause at the front of the Cute Charm attack. (-2pts)
- “HP 60” not “60 HP”. (-1pt)
- No PokeDex data. (-3pts)

- The card name and the attack names should be bolder and more condensed. (-1.5pts)
- The Ability symbol is enormously large. (-3pts)
- The HP text is far too large. (-2pts)
- The PokeDex entry text is the wrong font. (-1pt)
- All the attack information is far too close to the left border, and nowhere near close enough to the right border. (-3pts)
- The image of Piplup overlaps where the PokeDex data should be. (-2pts)

Creativity/Originality: 7/15
(Copies of past effects.)
Wording: 9/15
(Some errors.)
Fonts and Placement: 0/10
(All over the place..)
(Gold borders?)
Aesthetics: 0/5
(Looks very rushed.)
Total: 20/50

3rd Place: Kavross’ Bisharp, with 34/50 points.
2nd Place: TheR3DX’s Giratina-GX, with 34.5/50 points.
1st Place: TheNyanCatXD’s Silvally Prism Star, with 40/50 points

Text-Based Results

Judge: @TheR3DX

Ilovepokemon
Pikachu GX- Lightning - 150 HP
Basic

(L) Nuzzle: Your opponents active pokemon is now paralyzed.

(L) (L) (C): Thunderbolt: 160 damage This pokemon dose 30 damage to itself.

(L) (L) (C) Electro ball GX: Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, this attack dose 50 damage (you can't use more then 1 GX attack a game).

Weakness: Fightinhg (X2)

Resistance: Steel (-20)
When a pokemon GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.

Creativity/Originality: 10/20
There’s not much new to the attacks here. In fact, each of these attack effects have been present on a Pikachu card in the past just slightly weaker.

Wording: 6.5/15
- “opponents” should be “opponent’s” in Nuzzle. [-1 point(s)]
- Forgot the accent on “e” in Pokémon x3 [-2 point(s)]
- Paralyzed should be capitalized [-1 point(s)]
- “dose” should be “does” (Thunder Bolt & Electro ball GX). [-1.5 point(s)]
- Electro Ball should read “This attack does 50 damage for each heads.” (Numel CRI 13) [-2 point(s)]
- Spelling error “fightinhg” should be “fighting” [-1 point(s)]

- then should be than in GX attack rule [-1 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 11/15
- Missing Retreat Cost [-2 point(s)]
Nuzzle is a bit off. Attacks that cause paralysis usually have something that prevents the effect from successfully paralyzing every turn (usually a coin flip, energy discarding, only from evolving, high energy cost etc.) as for everything else this is pretty standard of an electric type.
Steel type is referred to as metal in the tcg [-0 point(s)]

-2 Edit Penalty
Total: 25.5/50

Kangaflora
Alolan Raichu - - HP120
STAGE 1 - Evolves from Pikachu NO. 026 Mouse Pokémon HT: 2'04" WT: 46.3 lbs.

ABILITY: Dual Armor
If this Pokémon has any Energy attached to it, this Pokémon's type is .

Thunder - 70
Flip a coin. If tails, put 2 damage counters on this Pokémon.

Psy Surf - 50+
This attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

Weakness: x2
Resistance:
Retreat:

Pokédex Info: It uses psychokinesis to control electricity. It hops aboard its own tail, using psychic power to lift the tail and move about while riding it.

Creativity/Originality: 12/20
I see what you’re going for here, Thunder to hit for decent damage at the risk of recoil and powering up Psy Surf to be able to swing for larger numbers. It’s basically Outrage Zekrom with the attacks in reverse order and slightly stronger. The ability on the other hand in my opinion is better than just an outright duel type ability like Golurk.

- Duel Armor should read “If this Pokémon has any (L) Energy attached to it, this Pokémon’s type is both (P) and (L)” with the card’s printed type first. (Lucario PLS 78, Golurk AOR 35) [-2 point(s)]
- Thunder should read “Flip a coin. If tails, this Pokémon does 20 damage to itself. Don’t apply Weakness to this damage.” (Nidoqueen PRC 69, Electivire BUS 43) [-2 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 15/15
This is pretty in line with other cards we’ve seen recently, namely Zekrom, and I could definitely see this as a fun rogue or casual deck.
Total: 38/50

TheFlyingPidove
[Basic] Torterra Prism Star / HP: 160 / Grass

[Prism Star Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.]

[G] Forest Growth Look at the top 10 cards of your deck. You may attach as many [G] Energy cards you find in there as you like. Then, shuffle the other cards back into your deck. This Pokémon can't attack or Retreat during your next turn.

[G][G][G] Power Drain [100] You may return as many [G] Energy from this Pokémon to your hand as you like. Heal 50 damage from this Pokémon for each card you put into your hand in this way.
Weakness: [R] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]
[TFP's Special Dex Entry: The back of this Pokémon is a pleasant place for small Pokémon to create their nests and to take care of their young. Some even spend their whole life on its back.]
PB CaC Promo

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
Forest Growth is the turbo to end all turbos Power Drain is a new and rather interesting effect that can help you move energy off of Torterra for your main attacker.

- Forest Growth should read “Look at the top 10 cards of your deck. Choose any (G) Energy cards you find there and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.” (Togekiss ROS 46) [-2 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 15/15
Forest Growth is definitely the best part of this card. This combined with Venusaur would make an amazing support duo.
-2 Edit Penalty

Total: 43/50

GekkisaiDaiNi
Stage 1 Lurantis HP100[G]
Evolves from Fomantis

Ability Sprout Out
If your Active Pokémon is a [G] Pokémon, once during your turn (before your attack), you may put a [G] Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench.

[G][G][C] Ray of Sunlight
Put all of your Benched [G] Pokémon and all cards attached to them into your hand. This attack does 40 damage for each card you put into your hand in this way to one of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[G][G][C] Mantis Mandate
Choose up to 2 Trainer cards from your discard pile and use them as the effect of this attack. During your opponent's next turn, they may play 2 Supporter cards.

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C][C]
Pokédex: It requires a lot of effort to maintain Lurantis's vivid coloring, but some collectors enjoy this work and treat it as their hobby.

After seeing what you play often I’m wondering if this is so you can stream Vespi faster :p

This is definitely an interesting card. The ability basically being Archie’s Ace with an easier restriction. Ray of sun light is arguably the best attack with the card allowing you to pick up your damaged Golsipod (that’s the best partner I see for this) and with the ability be able to play them back next turn.

Wording: 7/15
- Sprout Out should read “Once during your turn (before your attack), if your Active Pokémon is a [G] Pokémon, you may put a [G] Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench.” All effects that activate with the “Once per turn” rule start the effect off with “Once per turn” [-2 point(s)]
- Mantis Mandate needs to specify what subclass of trainers are allowed, the way it’s currently worded allows you to grab anything which causes some play issues when selecting stadiums. For example, “up to 2 Item cards” or “up to 2 in any combination of Item and Supporter cards” if you wanted to just remove the ability to grab stadiums [-3 point(s)]
- You forgot the Dex info (Dex Number, Height, Weight, etc.) [-2 point(s)]
-Italicize “(before your attack)” [-1 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 11/15
As far as believability goes I would like to assume they wouldn’t print something this meta defining again (Looking at you Gard GX) but as far as playability is concerned this card is too good. Being able to reset your whole bench and doing damage for each card not just the Pokémon (Just using Lurantis you’re able to chain the effect and put 3 more Lurantis and any other grass type on your bench for 160 with a tool and a manual energy attachment you’re swinging for 240 per turn allowing you to KO basically everything) is pretty powerful. This card would be the BDIF

Total: 35/50

Nistua
Deoxys-GX - Psychic - HP 180
Basic

[P] Link Burst: 60 x damage. This attack does 60 damage times the amount of Energy attached to this Pokémon. If this and the Defending Pokémon have a different amount of Energy attached to them, this attack does nothing.

[P][C][C] Synchro-Chainburn 80: Does 80 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon that has the same name as the Defending Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[P] Space-Teleporter-GX: Put one of your opponent's Pokemon and all cards attached to that Pokémon into the Lost Zone. If this Pokémon would be knocked out or removed from play in any other way, put the Pokémon and all cards that were attached to it back onto your opponents bench. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

When a Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

The first two attacks have been done before with heavier restrictions. Space Teleporter is an interesting attack similar to the Poke-Power of Empoleon LvX with a more strategic one time use.

- Pokemon in Space-Teleporter should be Pokémon [-1 point(s)]
- opponents in Space-Teleporter should be opponent’s [-1 point(s)]
- Space-Teleporter should read “Put 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon and all cards attached in the Lost Zone.” (Pelipper SUM) [-2 point(s)]
- “If this Pokémon would be knocked out or removed from play in any other way” should be “If this Pokémon would leave play in any way, return the Pokémon and all cards attached to it onto your opponent’s Bench” [-2 point(s)]
- “that has the same name” should be “with the same name as” (Repeat Ball PRC 136)[-2 point(s)]
- one should be 1 in Space-Teleporter [-1 point(s)]
- “If this and the Defending Pokémon have a different amount” should be “If this Pokémon and your opponent’s Active Pokémon have a different amount” (Gothitelle GRI 54) [-2 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 14/15
While the first two attacks are recycled attacks from older cards, the GX attack is clunky and awkward. Space Teleporter causes some issues usually when an effect lasts longer than 1 turn there’s some sort of physical representation like turning a card or a marker.

Total: 31/50

Jadethepokemontrainer
Ditto GX//Colorless//140 HP Basic

Ability: Morph
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Pokémon from your hand. If you do, during this turn, this Pokémon can use the attacks of that Pokémon. (You still need the necessary energy to use each attack.)

[C][C] Sticky Splat 40 Search your deck for a Pokémon Tool card and put it into your hand.

[C][C] Call Back GX Put all Pokémon from your discard pile into your hand. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness - Fighting x2 Resistance -
Retreat - [C][C]

Creativity/Originality: 16/20
This is definitely a better gimmick for Ditto as appose to just copying the Pokémon across from it. You can use this effect to possibly create a new version of Vespi or Duck and Cover. Or even use the attacks of Stage 2 that you don’t want to evolve up all the way, there’s a lot of room for usage here without being to meta

- Sticky Splat you forgot to add “Then, shuffle your deck.” [-2 point(s)]
- Missing GX rule [-2 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 13/15
I could see something similar to this being released and probably end up being used in aggressive decks that play out of the discard seriously imagining this in Night March is both scary and exciting. The amount of other fun options for it that I can think of is Vespi and ShadowBox

Total: 40/50

NinJamezor
[STAGE1] Arbox GX HP210 [P]

[P][C] Vile Spit 50 The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[P][C][C] Double Poison 90+ If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 50 more damage and put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

[P][C] Death Stare GX Your opponent can't play any cards from their hand during their next turn. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

[Pokémon-GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

Creativity/Originality: 12/20
Double Poison is the only new thing here. Death Stare was just done on A-Golem and Vile Spit is a very basic attack for a Poison type

- Arbok is spelled wrong in the card name [-1 point(s)]
- “If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned” should be “If your opponent’s Active Pokémon is Poisoned,” Toxapex SUM [-2 point(s)]
- “and put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns” should be “put 2 more damage counters on that Pokémon between turns.” Croagunk STS [-2 point(s)]
- “The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned” should be “Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.” [-2 point(s)
- Italicize “(You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)” [-1 point(s)]

This card is very standard for a Poison Pokémon in the TCG. The GX attack may be a little too good. The reason why it works on A-Golem now is because it’s a stage 2 with a high energy attack being on a stage 1 and pretty easy to build makes it a little off from what I could see being printed.

Total: 33/50

GM DracLord
Arceus ◇– 150HP - [C]

Basic Pokemon
◇ (Prism Star) Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

[C] Special Force
For each of your opponent’s Pokemon in play, shuffle a Special Energy card from your discard pile into your deck.

[C][C][C][C] Final Judgement
Discard one of your opponent's Pokemon. This Pokemon can’t attack during your next turn.

Weakness: [F] (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: 2
While neither of these effects are 100% new the way they’re used as a Prism mon gives some breathing room with how good it’s attacks are Special Force is a better special charge with the added ability of not boosting Garb’s damage output

Wording: 8.5/15
- Forgot the accent in “Pokémon” x4 [-2.5 point(s)]
- Special force should read “Shuffle a Special Energy card from your discard pile into your deck for each of your opponent’s Pokémon.” (Special Charge STS, Lass’s Special FCO 103) [-2 point(s)]
- Missing flavor text [-2 point(s)]

The issue I’m having here is we don’t have a clear picture as to what Prism Pokemon can do however this Arceus is pretty in line with the few we’ve seen. Being able to retrieve all special energy is good and would certainly warrant a tech slot in any deck that relies on special energy to attack. Final Judgement could be used to completely shift the tide of a battle and take your opponent’s last hope out from under them.

Total: 39.5/50

DashKing
Ultra-Guardian GX HP 200 Normal

Restored Pokemon

Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Tapu Binder

Ability: Guardian Barrier

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and there are Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu in play, prevent all effects done to your Pokémon by attacks, abilities, items, supporters, or stadiums

Ability: Guardian Force

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and there are Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu in play, then you may place 4 damage counters on every Pokémon on your opponent’s Bench

[.] Guardian Command GX 30x

Search your opponent’s deck for as many Pokémon as you like and put them on your opponent’s bench. This attack does 30 damage for each Pokémon that you put on their bench. Shuffle your deck afterward. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Ultra-Guardian Rule: When this Pokémon is knocked out, discard either a Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, or Tapu Bulu from your bench.

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

The two abilities aren’t anything new just with a harder restriction. Command is different but broken. You can easily force your opponent to have out a bunch of low HP basics and start picking them off. Because this card can end up being immune to all effects and doesn’t need any energy to function you can easily build a deck around getting this out and with other disruption/healing cards you auto win.

Wording: 0/15
- When multiple Pokémon are listed in an effect they’re listed in Pokédex order (Regigigas CRI 84) (Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini) x2 [-1.5 point(s)]
- Guardian Barrier and Guardian Force should start as “As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and there are Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini in play,” (Regigigas CRI 84, Shining Ho-Oh SM Promo 70, Team Magma’s Groudon EX) [-3 point(s)]
- “then you may place 4 damage counters on every Pokémon on your opponent’s bench” should be “you may put 4 damage counters on each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon.” (Golbat PHF 32) [-2 point(s)]
- “prevent all effects done to your Pokémon” should be “prevent all effects of attacks, abilities, items, supporters, and stadiums done to your Pokémon” (Primal Groudon EX PRC 151) [-2 point(s)]
- Guardian Command should read “Search your opponent’s deck for as many Pokémon as you like and put them onto your opponent’s Bench. This attack does 30 damage for each Pokémon you placed in this way.” (Mamoswine CRI 21, Starly BKT 125, Captivating Poké Puff STS 99) [-2 point(s)]
- Italicize “(You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)” [-1 point(s)]
- Guardian Force needs something to signify when the ability can be used like “Once during your turn” [-3 point(s)]
- Guardian Command “Shuffle your deck afterward” should be “Your opponent shuffles their deck.” (Fearow SUM 98) [-2 point(s)]
A lot of your wording issues come from the wording being off from normal TCG

Believability/Playability: 10/15
As far as Playability goes this card is beyond anything that would make it into a set. Guardian Barrier is broken when you can instantly be immune to all card effects. Searching your opponent’s deck is also a really powerful effect as it lets you know everything they have in their deck and load their bench with easy to pick off Pokemon.

-2 Edit Penalty
Total: 18/50

P3DS
Zorua – [D] – Basic Pokémon – 60HP
NO: 507 Tricky Fox Pokémon HT: 2’04’’ WT: 27.6 lb

Ability: Multiply
This card counts as 2 cards when discarded from the hand.

[C] Grand Heist
You can use this attack only if there are 3 Zorua in your discard pile. Shuffle 3 Zorua from your discard pile into your deck. Shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. Discard the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck.

Dex Entry: If a normally talkative child suddenly stops talking, it may have been replaced by Zorua.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
While this card is amazing and would be like Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze) where it’s a tech in most decks that can afford the space

- Multiply should read “This card provides 2 cards when discarded from your hand” (Electrode EVO 40) [-2 point(s)]

I feel the attack has too much going on. It recovers supplies, takes a Pokemon out of play and mills. That being said it is interesting card The ability alone warrants this card a few tech slots in decks that play out of the discard, Vespi being the first thing that comes to mind and oddly enough I could see this in Archie’s as a later game tech to recover energy. Again the attack effect just feels like there’s too much going on at once.

Total: 44/50

rainyman123
Ditto HP 40 Colorless
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Dittevolve
Once during your turn, (before your attack) you may use this Ability. Search your deck for a Stage 1 Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon (this counts as evolving this Pokémon). The new Pokémon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) Teb, shuffle your deck. You cannot use this Ability on your first turn or the turn this Pokémon was put into play.

[C] DNA Scramble
If this Pokémon has Ditto under it, search your deck for a Stage 2 Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon (this counts as Evolving this Pokémon). The new Pokémon can use any attacks from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) Then, shuffle your deck.

This strange breed of Ditto can actually evolve into other Pokémon! Spectacular!

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
This is definitely a new idea. With some tweaking I feel like it would lead to some insane combinations.

- Then is spelled Teb in Dittevolve [-1 point(s)]
- The first part of Dittevolve should be reworded like so “During your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Stage 1 Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon)” (Phantump BKP 64, Ditto BCR 108) [-2 point(s)]
- Third part of the effect should read “You can’t use this Ability during your first turn or on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn.” (Evosoda XY116) Shuffle your deck is always the last part of the effect. [-2 point(s)]
- DNA Scramble should read “If this Pokémon evolved from Ditto, search your deck for a Stage 2 Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon” the way it’s currently worded would allow you to keep adding Stage 2 Pokemon as long as it started with Ditto. This way would stop that because Raichu may have evolved from Ditto but when you play down Blastoise technically Blastoise would’ve evolved from Raichu. (Beedrill CRI 3) [-2 point(s)]
- attacks should be attack in DNA Scramble (Shining Celebi SM79) [-1 point(s)]

Believability/Playability: 12/15
The biggest issue with a card like this is if you keep the evolution based effects and you’re able to use attacks from previous evolutions then you can really go wild and have a GX stage 1 with something like Venusaur SLG 3 so you could start firing off powerful attacks without the 2 Prize card rule. There’s also a ton of game mechanics that would be strange in theory. There’s some broken combos you could have Ditto, Trevenant, Trevenant Break and Creepshow Gengar. If it was like Ditto BCR and you could have only 1 card on top of Ditto at a time and if you wanted a stage 2 there would be more of an effort to get out then it might be a little more believable.
Total: 37/50

3rd Place: Jadethepokemontrainer's Ditto, with 40/50 points.
2nd Place: TheFlyingPidove’s Torterra Prism Star, with 43/50 points.
1st Place: P3DS’s Zorua, with 44/50 points

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! Loved all the entries and ideas this month ^w^

Quick question though @bbninjas, and maybe I'm missing something. Drac got 39.5 points and I got 40...

Last edited:
Dark-Psychic dual types are probably the most aesthetic type combination, in my humble opinion! The art is once again stunning, and the holosheet is probably one of the best I’ve seen from you.

Thank you. That's apparently the only thing I can do well these days.

Dropping your Pokemon on your opponent’s Bench is always an interesting mechanic, and I especially like how you can retreat it as if it was your own. The problem is that there’s a ton of scenarios you have to consider and address in the effect, making it a very cumbersome to write. There’s stuff like: Can your opponent attach Energy/other cards to it? Can your opponent use it to attack, or retreat it? Can you KO Mismagius, and if so, do you take prize cards for it? ...and the list goes on. You also need to have something so that everyone knows that the Mismagius on your opponent’s Bench is yours (e.g. using markers, or turning the card a certain way, etc), in case your opponent is also running Mismagius . We don’t want the unnecessary trauma of having your cards stolen, now do we? Basically, all that stuff is why I recommend people to shy away from these sort of effects.

I considered all of that, but the thing is, well, while I'm not sure about how the game goes competitively, I'm willing to believe, much to my chagrin, in the existence of... prickly... oh, I'll just say it; joyless bastards, who will nitpick every single point under the sun if it's not clearly written in stone in front of them, in order to win. However, I didn't feel that was enough reason to justify not making the effect. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I'd expect any player (and if the player refuses, then at least the judge), to understand and respect the spirit of the rule rather than the letter. The mismagius is yours, and what you do is just take the spot on the other side of the field; your opponent can't touch your pokemon because your opponent's control isn't defined as "Over anything on his side", but over "Any pokemon he placed in play from his hand, deck, or et cetera", KOing means it goes down, because it's yours, and (I admit) I left a loophole in treating it as "in your opponent bench" for the attack, and that would presumably mean it's immune to attacks that target "pokemon in your opponent's bench" (that was unintentional, really, I didn't want it to have any immunities of the sort).
The marker thing is something incredibly cumbersome but logical, and, while I don't see much of a problem if only you have mismagius, I'd have to rely a lot on honor if both players did.

All in all, while I like the effect, yes, it's probably better to not do it. Too bad that the attack isn't as interesting without it.

I like how you can use the attack from your Bench; it’s something fresh and new, and I’d honestly like to see an effect similar become official. Unfortunately, it is also very tricky to balance. Because you can attack from the Bench, you can have some nasty wall Pokemon up the front that might - say - lock your opponent out of using Trainers, and while that devastates your opponent, you’re safely dropping 5 or 10 damage counters per turn to get those prize cards. Unless they have some sort of Lysandre affect, your opponent is forced to kill the wall and not the Pokemon getting the KOs, allowing you to build up an army of virtually undefeatable Mismagiuses (‘cause they never see the front-line). Plus, by putting the defending Pokemon to sleep, you’re basically preventing it from attacking in the first place. It’s the ultimate low-risk, high-reward lock-down.

The original idea was to use the attack from your bench; it's a design space I'd like to explore more. But the issue you point out with it is true; the attack can't be too powerful or you can just put anything active while you strike from the bench; I thought the discard requirement was enough, but I forget that in competitive, people discard and attach energies like one eats popcorn.
The sleep might not even be there, as I said before, it was Merriwether's gift, not Maleficent, but yes, it's a bit of an insult to injury.
The best way I can think of to use this effect is on a GX/Z attack, or maybe with a suicide effect, that's the only way I see to not overuse the strategy you pointed out.

Back