News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Elray

Expanded Player
This card is similar to Blaziken (FUF). Only time will tell if this sort of thing will be viable.

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if luxray break could work with this card? Maybe it's too much but I hate that they introduce a new (albeit reworked level x) mechanic and only a few ever get used.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
As a Raichu/Magnezone player (don't judge, it's pretty good!), I can say this card will be incredible in that particular deck. It is necessary to use 1 or 2 Skyla to search Item cards (Rare Candy, occasionally Ultra Ball) to help evolve faster into Magnezone. The ability to search for an Item card AND an extra energy to attach with Magnezone will help a lot to power up Raichu when you have wasted your supporter getting a Rare Candy or Ultra Ball.
For other decks, besides maybe other Lightning decks, I think it isn't good at all.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Luxray could have so much potential, if only it wasn't a stage 2...
Volkner looks like a semi-staple for lightning decks, but I doubt anyone else is gonna play him

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Volkner:
Strange, I was just looking at an old Volkner the other day.
Anyway, it's really good! Electric Decka will love it.
Luxray: I have a fascination with non-GX decks, and this seems like a pretty decent one.
Good good good...

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I can see there being an Aether paradise conservation area, luxray break deck coming

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Well this new Prism thing we've got going looks like it's going to be pretty cool. Already running Solgaleo GX myself, so this will be a nice inclusion.

Volkner is an alright card.

Interesting set so far, hoping that we keep getting new surprises.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
If luxray's attack cost was one lower or didn't discard everything when you used it and instead didn't snipe, then this luxray would have potential.

But as is, it's 180 hp on a non-gx, which means it's hard to kill, but you only need to 2hko since it can't actually attack every turn.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
It is a shame that Luxury, Lunala and Solgaleo all have rubbish artwork. The cards seem quite exciting, though.

Firstly, *Luxray

I'm sorry, what makes them rubbish? Two of them are drawn by manga artists who have years of experience.
They have been with Pokemon for years and barely anyone complains.

Is that avatar your own artwork? if so is this an ego thing?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Volkner ironically supports Mega Pidgeot. A Max Potion and a Energy is super good. It's going to be hard to decide this over Mallow.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Luxray is just a cool Pokémon in general. I like the attack. Pair it with Vikavolt and being able to do 150 damage anywhere on your opponent's side of the field is amazing. Pair it with Tapu Koko for spread damage so that 150 gets KOs and it just might work. Definitely don't think it would be a Tier 1 deck by any means, but a fun rogue deck.