News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's Sugimori artwork so the precedent is there, but seeing Volkner's artwork get reused from his Rising Rivals card (what was that, 2011ish?) is sooo jarring. The background is different, yes, but it's essentially framed the Sugi art the exact same way/position.

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
lol Was having a bit of deja vu there. Thought it might even do the same thing for a second there.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
So this is basically a L type Korrina.

I'm already tired of all this gen 4 references... been there, done that. We're in gen 7, you know?

TheMaskedMeowth

Aspiring Trainer
I get it now. Ultra Wormholes are being opened in other regions, hence why we're going to Sinnoh. I take it we'll be going to other regions too?

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Volkner is a debuffed Steven, and that Luxray is probably too expensive but a great ability and attack. At least it can use Counter Energy!

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Everybody is whining about Volkner reusing old Sugimori artwork, but nobody complained about Cynthia ? And that was a recycled card not only in terms of art ( Cynthia's Guidance ), but also in the effect department ( Professor Oak's new Theory ).

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
How much you wanna bet this'll somehow tie into the Switch game? The wormholes are being heavily promoted yet there's little to nothing to explore about them (considering they're supposed to connect to other regions, why taunt us with that if we cant do anything with it?)

I feel like the switch game will be what people want, and just the ability to explore multiple regions in one game using the wormholes and right now they're just hyping nostalgia.
Thats how I feel, a DP remake would take another year, and to make a DP set at the release of US/UM is way too soon.

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
It is a shame that Luxury, Lunala and Solgaleo all have rubbish artwork. The cards seem quite exciting, though.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Luxray honestly doesn't seem bad to me. You can play it with Electrode to recharge every turn, and 150 snipe is a great effect. Its Ability will keep it around longer too.

Volkner is a worse Skyka. It may see play in some decks that use Magnezone from BKT to search for Rare Candy to evolve up to Magnezone as well an extra Energy to attach with Magnetic Circuit, but everywhere else, Skyla will be better. Korrina is a similar card; but this isn't Korrina. Korrina searched for an Item and a Pokémon. This searches for an Item and an Energy. One of the main reasons Korrina saw play was that you could search for a Stage 2 and a Rare Candy; this can't do that.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Volkner - not as hard as faced him in Platinum recently. I smash his team with my Garchomp. As the card itself, pretty pretty good. Searches for a Rare Candy and an Energy for VikaBulu on T2. Since we have Lele, we can search it out easily. Maybe you'll use it tp fuel Raichu via Choice Band + Energy for a turn. But unlike others, it's a supporter. Hard to accept the truth. We have better supporters tp use every turn. But this will be a clutch. 4 Geodudes
  • Luxray - Why we have so many Gen 4 references??!! It triggers my inner "Sinnoh-baby". The card refers Mt. Coronet with an Ultra Wormhole. The card itself, decent. The ability makes Luxray's HP up to 180 due to dmg. reduction. The atk is... Almost OHKO Lele... but as a Stage 2.. And discards all L energy. You'll put extra effort for this, man. 2-3 Geodudes