• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Marshadow GX Toolbox (SHADOWBOX!)

Yeah, good catch, I just thought more about Xerneas that after I posted and ended up editing my post. Thinking more about it, I'll likely just try the win condition I described above for Greninja and take out the Giratina. That will give me room to add the other Espeaon-EX I wanted to add.

Here's my current list:

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Spiritomb STS 62
* 1 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Clefairy EVO 63
* 3 Marshadow-GX BUS 137
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 2 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 20

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FCO 107
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Po Town BUS 121
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Sophocles BUS 146
* 4 N FCO 105
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93

##Energy - 12

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

Rescue stretcher is for Tapu-lele/Zorua/Zoroark/Marshadow in case they get Sycamored into the discard.

I'm likely going to test with Buzzwole-GX in this list tomorrow, anyone else going to try him paired with Marshadow-GX?

I'm likely going to test with Buzzwole-GX in this list tomorrow, anyone else going to try him paired with Marshadow-GX?
Due to his costlier attacks, I'm probably going to avoid it, especially since Latios SHL has essentially the same attack as Buzzwole's first attack for a DCE, is only 1 prize, and can hit for Psychic weakness in a pinch. Though to be fair I don't run Latios either haha. I was actually going to test out Kartana GX (actually pulled a full art from my pre-release first place winnings). Will just need to get one on PTCGO to test out. I like the free prize attack or the ability to shuffle an injured Marshadow into the deck. And of course benching it to discard a special energy could also come in clutch. Only time will tell though I suppose.

I'm really only interested in Buzzwole's Jet punch attack which will do great spread damage for 1 energy. With Strong energy+FFB the attack is amazing in the early game and it also softens up everything for the mid to late game.

Hey all! I haven't played the Pokemon TCG in a while, but I was thinking about trying out a Marshadow deck since it seems like it would be super fun to play. I've been following the thread for a few days and thought I might as well join in!

I'm hoping to have this deck set up today for online:

Pokemon 21

3 Marshadow-GX
2 Zorua
2 Zoroark-GX
1 Spiritomb
2 Necrozma-GX
1 Glaceon-EX
1 Jolteon-EX
2 Espeon-EX
1 Tapu Koko
1 Magearna-EX
2 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Drampa-GX
1 Clefairy
1 Spinda

Trainer 27

4 Sycamore
3 N
4 Ultra Ball
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Ninja Boy
1 Special Charge
3 Field Blower
3 Guzma
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Mallow

Energy 12

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Strong Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

I really want to add in Buzzwole and Kartana. I agree with Skater_J that Jet Punch looks like a really strong attack early game for only 1 energy (60 on 2 pokemon with strong energy + ffb, right? Or would it be 60 on the active and 30 on a benched pokemon?), and with EarthwormZim that Kartana GX looks fantastic as well with Gale Blade and Blade GX. The typing might also come in handy against fairy decks. I'm thinking about replacing Tapu Koko with Buzzwole and Spinda with Kartana, but I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see if Zoroark adds much to the deck. If it doesn't, I'll probably just replace the line and change Mallow out for something else.

Hi @Cerynitis welcome to the conversation!

Yeah Buzzwole would hit for 60 on the active and 30 on the bench. From my testing Zoroark definitely adds consistency to the deck. It get's your techs into the discard faster than ever before :). I like your idea for the Zoroark/Mallow combo. I used to do that with Octillery, maybe I'll change my Pokemon fan clubs for Mallows since I can get any 2 cards instead of just basic pokemon. But that would depend on Zoroark being available...decisions, decisions!

I played a bunch of games with Zoroark and without, and it was such a huuuge difference. I could never really get the things I needed in the discard that reliably without it, and I just didn't have the draw power I needed for the deck. But with Zoroark, you're definitely right. It adds a lot more consistency to it! Mallow was a perfect fit, too. Especially for getting the energies I needed.

The only thing I can think of changing is maybe adding in more Special Charges. In one game, the opponent had what looked like 4 enhanced hammers, delinquents, and flare grunts, and it was just awful. I ended up conceding by turn 4 after all my rainbow energies were blown up. I guess it was more of a trollish kind of deck, but it still shows that I need the Special Charges just in case I do end up running into some hammer users. I suppose Gladion might be good as well in case something important gets prized (Magearna, Spiritomb, Clefairy, etc.), but that'll be a tight squeeze. Perhaps I'll remove 1 Espeon and 1 Spinda, and add in Gladion as well as an extra Special Charge.

This looks like an interesting conversation so far. Just a thought (don't know if someone already mentioned this), but I'd suggest Puzzles of Time since this deck discards so many cards (like valuable resources). Not to mention the Zoroark GX/Mallow combo. I've been playing a lot of Zoroark GX related decks and in every single one of them, I play Puzzle of Time just because of the increased chances of drawing into it (Sycamore plus Trade). Suggestions for room are totally dependent on your list, but I suggest removing any Special Charge (since you can pick up any energy with Puzzles) and unnecessary techs that aren't used as often. Anyways, I hope this helps, let me know what you think. Thanks!

This deck looks very fun !

Have you ever considered a simple energy flow (professor's letter etc) with the smeargle "second coat" ability ?
In the different deck of this thread, almost all attacks needs only one typed energy.

I did not do any testing, it's just an idea...

This deck looks very fun !

Have you ever considered a simple energy flow (professor's letter etc) with the smeargle "second coat" ability ?
In the different deck of this thread, almost all attacks needs only one typed energy.

I did not do any testing, it's just an idea...

I have considered Second Coat Smeargle, but unlike Mewbox, your discard enablers are being used to toss tech Pokémon into discard and with Second Coat you'd have to also toss the appropriate energies into discard as well, exhausting some of your resources. Since 4 DCE and 4 Rainbow are pretty much necessary to the deck, with 2-4 additional slots for energies, I just feel like it'd be too inconsistent to make much of an impact. Granted I haven't tested it yet so I could be wrong and it may be great.

@pokeyogi Nope, but I'd love to collab on one!

Zoroark will definitely be a key player in the rotation deck! Zoroark's acceleration of pokemon into the discard is great. It's also great as a backup attacker.

Possible remaining techs: Drampa-GX, "Dark Raid" Darkrai, Necrozma-GX, psychic Tapu-Lele, "Teeter Pinch" Spinda, Diancie Prizm, Buzzwole-GX, Buzzwole

Sad loses will be: Jolteon-EX, Glaceon-EX, Celfariy, "watch and learn" Sudowoodo, "stardust" Jirachi, Espeon-EX, Spiritomb, Magearna-EX, Ninja boy, Special Charge

I haven't found a good tech from Celestial Storm yet, any ideas?

Some of the ultra beast could be interesting, such as kartana, celesteela, dusk mane necrozma, etc - Marshadow could take advantage of each of their "number of prize cards remaining" conditions.

For sure, I was thinking the same thing! Promo Dusk mane's "Dusk Shot" is a great attack.

I just had a look at the Celestial storm set and I think Sableye and Regirock have great attacks that could be copied as well. The Oricorios aren't too bad either, especially the lightning one.

There are actually a lot of techs in this set that use one energy + double colorless so that's pretty sweet!

Im gonna try this out for now until I find other cards from Celestial Storm

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Miltank CIN 78
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Spinda SUM 102
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 144
* 1 Zorua BKT 89
* 1 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Dialga-GX UPR 164
* 1 Palkia-GX UPR 101
* 1 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 3 Marshadow-GX PR-SM SM59
* 1 Zygarde-GX FLI 73
* 1 Pheromosa-GX UPR 140
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 70
* 1 Mew EVO 53
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 2 Multi Switch GRI 129
* 1 Olivia CIN 111
* 4 Plumeria BUS 120
* 1 Po Town BUS 121
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 2 Sophocles BUS 123
* 2 Switch SUM 132

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 2 Fighting Energy EVO 96
* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm a huge fan of the Marshadow toolbox, and think it is an incredibly underrated deck, and a lot of fun to play. Sadly, I just don't think it will be viable post-rotation, losing (in particular) jolteon-ex, glaceon-ex and the jirachi promo. 150 hp just isn't viable if you can't prevent damage next turn.

Back