News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Awwww, Goomy won't be type-changed.
Oh well.
Tapu Lele is kind of irrelevant, besides the fact that it's a promo and got a type change in a set.
Fairy Tapu Koko?
Fairy Mimikyu?
Let's wait and see what Pokémon has in type-changing store.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly if we got this instead of the physic one it would be much more balanced phycic lele is broke with dimension valley and trev/necrozma

skawt

boop
I need them to replace the promo one to get rid of that nasty hole in my binder lol.

Fairy type baby Tapu Koko would be nice for uhm... actually nevermind Fairy doesn't need any more support outside of Gardevoir-GX and Sylveon-GX lol.

Jpkemperor

Deck Builder and Researcher
Now it will be worth playing one Necrozma GX and one of these fairy Tapu Lele because you can accelerate energy to both with Secret Spring. I believe this will finally be the best way to counter Metagross GX when playing Gardevoir GX.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I don't this having any use whatsoever. The psychic one had a place in Trees and potential Garb. This hopefully means we'll get the psychic one. Then again, the clear synergy with an already hated deck could be the reason we've yet to see it.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Except this can be played in Gardevoir, unlike the Psychic one. But I really don't know what use Garde would have for it.
Well it would let you conserve energy in a mirror match since this can move the damage around on a Pokemon you can KO and playing full ham is dangerous Secret Spring would help make it more of a surprise as you could power up Lele in one turn.

As for other possible Pokemon they could type shift I can see the Alola Starters getting this.

blueduckgolduck

Ace Trainer
Advanced Member
Do we know how this will be effected by rotation. For example lets say the psychic tapu lele is rotated but the fairy tapu lele is still standard legal. Will the psychic one still be legal as well since its a "reprint" or is it illegal because its not a reprint in the traditional sense.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Fairy type Lele? All hell is going to break lose with people shoving that card into Garde decks.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Do we know how this will be effected by rotation. For example lets say the psychic tapu lele is rotated but the fairy tapu lele is still standard legal. Will the psychic one still be legal as well since its a "reprint" or is it illegal because its not a reprint in the traditional sense.

Just because the two cards are similar does not make them the same.

Fairy tapu lele is not psychic tapu lele. Therefore, if they rotated out GRI and not Fairy lele's set, then you would be able to use fairy lele in standard but not psychic lele.