News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
I like this! It will be interesting to see if they release memory cards for all types (or all except dragon) and how it will compete against other decks.

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
Silvally-GX seems almost Over powered imo. He was already looking fairly promising before all these memory cards were revealed and would have been a good tech in a lot of decks like Volcanion, but now it seems like you could plop him into any deck with basic Pokemon, and them give him a memory card to cover the weakness that the deck's mains attacker and probably a metal type memory card for Gardevoir and he becomes the deck's main attacker.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I like Fire Memory. Not sure on Lightning memory since it only hits a limited amount of Pokémon for weakness at the moment. Personally I believe that the likelihood of releasing further memory cards will depend on new Ultra Beasts to be released. Silvally is marketed as an Ultra Beast slayer. The present set of memory cards hits all of the original seven Ultra Beasts for weakness.

Fighting Memory:
Xurkitree GX, Guzzlord GX

Psychic Memory:
Nihilego GX, Buzzwole GX

Fire Memory:
Pheromosa GX, Kartana GX

Lightning Memory:
Celesteela GX

Ultra Beast Adhesive is a Poison type and most likely will be represented as a Psychic type weak to Psychic in the trading card game. We already have that covered by Psychic Memory. Ultra Beast Burst is Fire and Ghost type. If it is represented as a Fire type we may receive Water Memory to enable Silvally Gx to hit it for weakness. Ultra Beast Assembly is Rock and Metal. This could mean that we receive either a Water Memory or a Grass Memory to enable Silvally Gx to hit it for weakness in the next set. This leaves us with Fairy Memory, Darkness Memory and Metal Memory. Since none of the currently revealed Ultra Beasts is weak to either of these three types we may not get them anytime soon.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
It's based on the seifuku (Japanese middle school girls' uniform), so it's likely just the naval-style collar made to look like a Mantyke.
You're right. It is a Mantyke.

What's with these Characters with Pokemon styles?
Tierno - Vanillish
Shauna - Gothita
Trevor - Gardevoir
Lillie - Mantyke

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Lightning Memory should be named "Electric Memory" despite the TCG terminology because that's what the item is called in the games.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I'm liking my Buzzswole/ Silvally deck idea more and more as I see these memories floating in.

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Now That I think of it Luamine reminds of the one demented girl from the song me me me. Yeah, that song.:confused:

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
The original one is better I think. Having that panic draw is nice if you brick. Wonder if this means we're getting new Solgaleo and Lunala cards? I assumed they'd wait until Ultra Sun/ Moon to release new cards of those Pokemon.

Gen Cario

Aspiring Trainer
If Energy Denial Hoopa gets popular, this card will look good in a binder. Tons of potential, but by May this deck can be beast.

Caleb Collects

I dont like pokemon the movie i choose you
I never really liked the Cosmog from SM1 and i dont like this one either. the art looks nice but the attacks is just a teleport. it's just a reprint from SM1. i don't like this card. the art is great tho.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I never really liked the Cosmog from SM1 and i dont like this one either. the art looks nice but the attacks is just a teleport. it's just a reprint from SM1. i don't like this card. the art is great tho.
The SM1 Cosmog actually had an attack you could use to possibly help your hand. This is just Cosmoem on Nebby.:mad: