• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbopod: Garbodor/Golisopod Decklist and Comparison

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Heyo! Been working on this list for a while, and I thought that we should have a comparison thread. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!
Pokemon: 18
4 Wimpod BUS
3 Golisopod-GX BUS
4 Trubbish BKP
2 Garbodor BKP
2 Garbodor GRI
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
1 Tapu Koko SMPRO

Trainers: 32
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
3 Acerola
1 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
2 Heavy Ball
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Bloert
1 Special Charge
3 Choice Band
3 Float Stone

Energy: 13
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
5 Grass Energy

Total Cards: 63
Wait... 63?

This is kind of like a layout of your standard Garbopod list, and cards I've been exchanging between during playtesting (barely call it playtesting, more like testing one list and analyzing matchups for the rest). I'm thinking of what I want to drop from this. The first change that comes to mind is -1 Grass Energy. Let me know your thoughts of what else to drop (and potentially add). And remember, this is also for comparing lists, so feel free to share yours!

Thanks for your time,
SupremeLeaderQuagsire.

In my tests I have found that consistency is key, and that you'll probably need cards such as guzma and float stone instead of grass energy or heavy ball. Another Idea is to put in 2 Sophocles due to the ability to have late game dead draw many cards in your deck may not be relevant your sycamores may be gone and you are at a low prize count this card is a power card to finish up games. A second Bridgette is my suggestion. Here is my list it's far from perfect but here,
4 Wimpod
3 Golisopod GX
4 Trubbish
2 Garbodor (bkp)
2 Garbodor (Gri)
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Tapu Koko
4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzuma
3 Acerola
2 Spohocles
2 Bridgette
4 Ultra-Ball
4 Float stone
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Field Blower
2 Choice Band
3 Rainbow Energy
4 DCE
4 Grass Energy

I play Golisopod myself and would recommend to drop 1 Grass Energy, 1 Special Charge and then maybe DCE, Acerola or Field Blower (your choice). I won a league cup and another t tournament with it.

I'm pretty sure I could drop a Grass, DCE, and maybe a Special Charge. I do think that 4 Float Stones may be a little bit overboard, since we have quite a few ways to pivot anyways. 2 Field Blower could be ideal if I need to Field Blower a Choice Band to live, FFI to take the KO, or maybe even blow off my own Float on a Garbodor to Lele for the game winning Guzma/Acerola. Sophocles sounds really interesting, and I may test it in the future. Heavy Ball is just a good card to get out your 'pods or Garbs, but I can most likely drop to 1. Deck space seems to be an issue here. I'd love the luxury of two Brigette, but I'm not exactly sure what to take out. Thanks for the feedback though!

I've been thinking about the problem of bricking late game... Do you think Hala would work? You're using your GX attack every game most likely, especially with Kartana-GX coming out soon.

Is the Trashalanche garbodor still as useful in this deck? I feel like I would like more consistency cards and run a 2-2 garbotoxin line on it's own.

Here is my list

4x Wimpod
3x Golisopod GX
3x Trubbish
2x Garbotoxin
1x Trashalanche
3x Tapu Lele GX
2x Tapu Koko
1x Tapu Fini GX

4x Prof Sycamore
4x N
4x Guzma
3x Acerola
1x Brigette

4x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
3x Ultra Ball
2x Heavy Ball
1x Rescue Stretcher

4x Grass Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x DCE

My problem is I want to get a field Blower in and I'd like another float stone and Heavy Ball as I like Heavy Ball not needing to discard cards. And have flirted with the idea of dropping a Trubbish and Trashalanche. But not there yet. I am really paranoid about instant losses to fire decks hence Tapu Fini. I have 4 Grass Energy because I just seem to have problems with drawing energy as it is and having less is not an option for me.

I feel that Trashalanche is definitely still worth a 1 of in this deck. In late game, it's easy to get N'd and/or Field Blower'd and get stuck on cards and not be able to get off First Impressions consistently. Trashalanche is usually a consistent two-shot at that point. It can also punish using too many Max Elixirs or Sycamores early on.

I would suggest dropping a Wimpod and/or a Koko. Since Golisopods are so easy to set up, you don't really need even three Wimpods out at any time, which means if you only run three, you can afford to have one prized. It's also not the end of the world if your Koko is prized or knocked out, so having two seems a little unnecessary. You also have Rescue Stretcher in case you can't find prized Wimpods or Kokos by mid game.

I would suggest adding two Field Blowers, since there are so many situations it can come in handy, but maxing out on Float Stone would also be really nice. Perhaps you could afford to drop one of the 5 Balls.

I play Golisopod myself and would recommend to drop 1 Grass Energy, 1 Special Charge and then maybe DCE, Acerola or Field Blower (your choice). I won a league cup and another t tournament with it.
Deck list ? I’m trying to build my for league

Back