News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Yes, can we please talk about the artwork used for the picture?
TPC gave the greenlight for this, A FAMILY-FRIENDLY CARD GAME FOR KIDS GAVE THIS APPROVAL FOR COMMERCIAL RELEASE.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's not like it was showing Magearna's non-existent genitals. There is nothing offensive about this picture, all you even see under her dress anyways is her metal body. I have to agree with Skeleton Liar, as there is nothing Sexually suggestive about this cards artwork.

You are over-reaction level is WAY higher than it needs to be, I mean if we were talking about a Gardevoir per-say in that pose, then maybe that would be worth getting mad over, BECAUSE Gardevoir is a more realistic human like Pokemon, and humans have... in a PG term; external body parts that help make babies ;), but this is a ROBOT we're talking about, not even a human being! Not even a supporter character like Skyla, Wicke, heck even Bridgette, now that would be a much bigger issue.

No you are whining about a robot being in that pose, oh wait, new Litten card was revealed! Oh no this is terrible! There's a wet puddle on the ground, it must be a pee puddle! That is not an appropriate card artwork for a child centered card game!

Are you going to complain about everything that IS actually suggestive and inappropriate, or are you going to take something like my example, a wet puddle on the ground, then say from nowhere "It must be a pee puddle!" Then slander the artwork, and complain about the non-existent pee puddle, when it could be just a simple rain puddle.

Next time, don't jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
There's nothing wrong with it, it's not like it was showing Magearna's non-existent genitals. There is nothing offensive about this picture, all you even see under her dress anyways is her metal body. I have to agree with Skeleton Liar, as there is nothing Sexually suggestive about this cards artwork.
Thanks. It's good to see others agree this isn't an issue. Also, Magearna's genderless anyway, so there's that too. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it in a previous post, and it's probably too late by now, but there were two points I wanted to make about this. I'll paraphrase this, but essentially, in life, you only have so many cares to give. If you keep using them on small things like this, you'll run out, and then you won't have any cares to give when it's actually important.

I'm sure others could say, "Well, then why are you giving a care, if this is something small?" That's the other point. Simply put, I enjoy artwork. In general, I think artwork tends to be underappreciated. So to see kawayoo's phenomenal artwork get boiled down to somehow erroneously being labeled as inappropriate, it's both frustrating and sad.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Thanks. It's good to see others agree this isn't an issue. Also, Magearna's genderless anyway, so there's that too. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it in a previous post, and it's probably too late by now, but there were two points I wanted to make about this. I'll paraphrase this, but essentially, in life, you only have so many cares to give. If you keep using them on small things like this, you'll run out, and then you won't have any cares to give when it's actually important.

I'm sure others could say, "Well, then why are you giving a care, if this is something small?" That's the other point. Simply put, I enjoy artwork. In general, I think artwork tends to be underappreciated. So to see kawayoo's phenomenal artwork get boiled down to somehow erroneously being labeled as inappropriate, it's both frustrating and sad.

Genderless Pokemon that look like girls, are portrayed as girls, for example, Meloetta, is portrayed as a girl; and is also one of my favorite Pokemon from 5th gen besides Oshawott. :D

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Eh, bad card. Could see some fun uses in like a Gourgeist deck, but I can't see this being used in a tournament legitimately. I could see some use of using Float Stone and then using Magearna to get rid of that to have a useful tool card, but other than that it doesn't have to much use. Too niche. I would rather add another copy of Field Blower, as you can't start a game out with a Field Blower, though a retreat cost of one is nice. I'd rate it 6.5/10

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Genderless Pokemon that look like girls, are portrayed as girls, for example, Meloetta, is portrayed as a girl; and is also one of my favorite Pokemon from 5th gen besides Oshawott. :D
Ha ha. Yeah, they're both definitely feminine, but technically genderless. :p

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
It helps much more that this ability is on a basic making inclusion easier. Helps Megas out as many have pointed out and also you can attach the tool pre Sycamore or N then pick it up to put on a better target. Now how am I going to fit this in Despair Ray?

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think this is going to see much play. The ability seems good, but only being able to use it once per turn may not be as helpful. I guess only time will tell!