Discussion Biting the Lele bullet?

id say buy leles when you can get them for around $50-55on tcgplayer.com since you run a risk of not getting one when you buy a box

I would say just buy the box unless you have a large amount of money to work with. Just keep in mind that you're pretty much risk not pulling a Tapu Lele-GX but if you do get them, you also grew your collection. It really comes down to how much do you really need a Tapu? 150 bucks gets you a Tapu Lele-GX and a booster box where 120 just gets you two Tapu so it may be better to spend the extra 30 bucks for the box and Lele.

Oranguru is not a substitue for Lele. While Lele for a draw supporter is a pretty common play, the most powerful use of Lele GX is for a turn 1 set up supporter like Bridgette which considered the deck you are considering building youi are going to need to do

As such you should just buy the Lele GXs. Going the box route is just gambling. I've seen people open multiple boxes and get 0 Leles. I've personally opened a box with 2 Leles. If you don't get lucky enough to turn the box around into a profit it will not be worth it.

Oranguru is not a substitue for Lele. While Lele for a draw supporter is a pretty common play, the most powerful use of Lele GX is for a turn 1 set up supporter like Bridgette which considered the deck you are considering building youi are going to need to do

As such you should just buy the Lele GXs. Going the box route is just gambling. I've seen people open multiple boxes and get 0 Leles. I've personally opened a box with 2 Leles. If you don't get lucky enough to turn the box around into a profit it will not be worth it.
Yeah. I opened a few Burning Shadows boosters hoping for Guzma. pulled none. Pokemaster ended up giving me three a few days later. I cannot stress how grateful I am.

I would buy the Lele"s. the amount you would spend trying to get it through booster packs would probably end up being more then buying them. It is rather unfortunate that it is an expensive card. :l

Playing on PTCGO, the most frequent uses of Lele for me are to grab Brigette and to grab Guzma. Grabbing draw supporters happens, but not as often.

I'm going to go against the tide and say you should consider waiting. I have no idea if it will pan out, but I'm told that every year after World's there is a price spike due to an influx of MTG and YoGiOh players who look at dropping a couple hundred for a full deck as cheap. Then when they don't destroy the competition everywhere they go, inevitably a reasonable portion leave, and the demand drops, and the supply increases, resulting in lower prices.

With that in mind, I'm waiting until late October to buy my Lele singles. I could get screwed for that, but I'm hopeful that it'll pan out. I submit the idea for your consideration, primarily since the deck you're talking about playing wouldn't be coming together for a while anyways with it including Crimson Invasion cards.

Playing on PTCGO, the most frequent uses of Lele for me are to grab Brigette and to grab Guzma. Grabbing draw supporters happens, but not as often.

I'm going to go against the tide and say you should consider waiting. I have no idea if it will pan out, but I'm told that every year after World's there is a price spike due to an influx of MTG and YoGiOh players who look at dropping a couple hundred for a full deck as cheap. Then when they don't destroy the competition everywhere they go, inevitably a reasonable portion leave, and the demand drops, and the supply increases, resulting in lower prices.

With that in mind, I'm waiting until late October to buy my Lele singles. I could get screwed for that, but I'm hopeful that it'll pan out. I submit the idea for your consideration, primarily since the deck you're talking about playing wouldn't be coming together for a while anyways with it including Crimson Invasion cards.
Lele will not pan put. It will remain the most expensive card for 2 whole years until it is cycled out get used to it.

Oh, it'll definitely stay the most expensive card until it rotates. I'm just hoping I can buy on a dip.

No worries guys, Lele will drop close to when it rotates two years from now, where in one of the last packs before rotation it gets a far superior replacement similar to what Lele was to Shaymin.

As for the OP's question, please don't fall for the box gamble. Just buy the cards you need. I wasted so much money in the past on boxes that simply looking at them makes me cringe.

If you have any bulk lying around, trade it in to Derium's (or another reputable shop, this is just the one I use) then use the credit to either buy a booster box or 2, or buy the Lele's (although their singles go FAST so no guarantee they will be available)

I got very lucky and pulled 4 lele's from 4 booster boxes, but as others have said you may come up empty; you could always sells the singles to make back some of your investment if you don't need them. There are plenty of non-ex staples in GR (Aqua Patch, Choice Band, Garbodor, etc.) so it will definitely not be a complete waste of money unless you already have enough of these.

Thanks everyone. I bought one Lele online for roughly $40 and managed to pull a rainbow rare Lele from a blister pack that i'm now going to try to sell and buy the rest of the loose cards I need.

Where did you get one for $40? Link plz?

That's definitely a price worth buying at. I want to buy one at that price!!!

Back