News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they have to make the energy cost on Gyarados GX so high? Just bring down the damage and give us a reasonable cost. Really the only way to use that Gyarados is with two DCE on one Gyara, and that's crazy. I want to use a Gyarados GX/ Baby deck but man... getting that thing accelerated is going to be nasty.

I wish they would make a Top Tier competitive Electric-type Pokemon. I feel like it's been the most neglected type for awhile now.

Raichu GX could be a thing, we'll have to wait and see.

007manyo

TCG Judge & Player
Is everybody just conveniently forgetting about Magnezone? Magnezone and Alolan Golem could be really good. 200 damage, fast setup, 1-shots Gardevoir using choice band! Yes, Gardy responds with (most likely) a 1-shot, BUT the GX attack can work around that, and if you've taken the first prizes of the game, you're already ahead! Also, energy pouch is good for keeping your energy in play for Magnezone, and Clemont is Magnezone's favorite supporter... I think it could see play. It's not awful.

Nyora

A Cat
I'm really starting to appreciate that they are bringing regular cards and adding things to them (Red Card, Pokémon Catcher) and hope they continue this way.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
We just got rid of Lysandre and we have Guzma why do we need to replace Lysandre this quickly with its replacement.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I think that Counter Catcher is pretty darn good!
Gyarados would be a fun deck I bet, but not too good. You would need to use Max Elixirs and Aqua Patches onto benched Magikarps for it to work- but I think it could be a good tech in Expanded Gyarados decks!
I don´t think Alolan Golem is that good at all. The energy requirement is way too high for what it does. The disruption seems good but is outdone by Pokemon Ranger, and whats the point of locking your opponent but not doing good damage for a GX attack for 4 energy??? Will not be played.
How the heck is someone gonna Ranger when they can't play any cards?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
We just got rid of Lysandre and we have Guzma why do we need to replace Lysandre this quickly with its replacement.

More pre-release options?

...Or maybe a threat from T1 Turt + Kiawe + Ho-Oh that screams "I took 2 prizes w/ Bright Flame. Now. unless you switch to a pokemon that blocks GXes, you will face the Nitro Tank GX followed by a Phoenix Burn and go down to your last 2 prizes before your defeat": If he placed Volcanion-EX down on the Nitro Tank turn, and if you're forced to N your foe down to 4 cards, and if your own Guzma won't cut it in time to prevent you from going down to 2 prizes in favor of your foe vs. no prizes taken on your end(Guzma takes up turn supporter, as well as N), you could use the Counter Catcher to force no-energy Volc up, then N, switch to your GX blocker, and hope he does not redraw Guzma to take the 2 prizes to bring the number of prizes left for foe to take before he/she wins the game down to 2?

^ If they want a way to ensure opponents can choose what they want to bring up to conclude games that don't use up their 1 supporter for turn, especially w/ no Guzma in SM4 alone...

Elray

Expanded Player
Gyarados-GX has some crazy HP to offset it's crazy attack cost. I could see it doing well against Turbo Dark since Dread Storm GX could potentially get rid of 4 or 5 energy that's already spread around.
Alternately, a Wishiwashi-GX start would buy time to set up and Blue Surge GX could take the first KO and charge up a benched Gyarados-GX at the same time.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Is everybody just conveniently forgetting about Magnezone? Magnezone and Alolan Golem could be really good. 200 damage, fast setup, 1-shots Gardevoir using choice band! Yes, Gardy responds with (most likely) a 1-shot, BUT the GX attack can work around that, and if you've taken the first prizes of the game, you're already ahead! Also, energy pouch is good for keeping your energy in play for Magnezone, and Clemont is Magnezone's favorite supporter... I think it could see play. It's not awful.
Setting up a stage 2 in order to power up a different stage 2 to one-shot things isn't good. See: Metagross/solgaleo

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Shouldn't this card be worded like Lysandre or the first part of Guzma? ("Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon")

Jedithious

Aspiring Trainer
It's sort of tough to tell with this card... I noticed the comments here are pretty divided; some people think it's awesome, some think it's pretty much useless. As for myself, I'm leaning towards liking it. One thing I haven't seen anyone address is how this card could be used in conjunction with Ghetsis. In the expanded format, Ghetsis + Silent lab is utterly devastating as long as the opponent doesn't have a supporter in hand. This card makes the likelihood of a successful (as in the opponent is left with a dead hand) Ghetsis at least 50% greater I think. Also, imagine putting multiple peeping red cards and multiple red cards in the same deck. You could continuously Red Card + Peeping Red Card until you know they have an absolutely dead hand. Add 4 Trick Shovels (to make sure their next card isn't a Sycamore or N) and you could have them beat before they even start. Could be very toxic haha.