News 'Shining Legends Ho-Oh Super Premium Collection' in October!

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Look on the german Pokemonwebsite, there is a picture for the Europeanversion
Huh, that's a pleasant surprise! Though from the looks of it (I can't really read German), it doesn't look like it comes with the playmat - I'm assuming the poster would have the same artwork that features on it, but I'd find it weird if it doesn't come with a playmat considering some Premium Collections have been released in the past which feature playmats.

Caleb McElyea

Aspiring Trainer
The American release of the Ho oh box is the very first box to have a hyper rare promo Pokémon card

Last edited:

Zygarde C

Aspiring Trainer
Sadly between this and Best of XY, this is at least two hundred dollars right there. Not the easiest thing to muster up sometimes.
Well to be honest, if you are thinking of getting the Best Of XY Box, don't do it. In my opinion it is a scam of a Box because the promos in that box( Ex: N, Shauna, MCamerupt EX) are not textured meaning they will be foil only, ruining those cards for English collectors. The only cards to get made textured is Shaymin and Yveltal to make the box worth it when it isn't. Honestly, I'm just picking up two of these boxes instead of one of the Super Premium and one of the Best Of XY

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well to be honest, if you are thinking of getting the Best Of XY Box, don't do it. In my opinion it is a scam of a Box because the promos in that box( Ex: N, Shauna, MCamerupt EX) are not textured meaning they will be foil only, ruining those cards for English collectors. The only cards to get made textured is Shaymin and Yveltal to make the box worth it when it isn't. Honestly, I'm just picking up two of these boxes instead of one of the Super Premium and one of the Best Of XY

There's been absolutely no confirmation whether they're textured or not. Only speculation, and in my opinion it's incredibly doubtful that those cards won't be textured. Jirachi? I can see Jirachi not being textured, but if we can take anything from the Mega Powers Collection, it's possible that they WILL be textured. But who knows, nobody's going to know until it hits the shelves.

Caleb McElyea

Aspiring Trainer
There's been absolutely no confirmation whether they're textured or not. Only speculation, and in my opinion it's incredibly doubtful that those cards won't be textured. Jirachi? I can see Jirachi not being textured, but if we can take anything from the Mega Powers Collection, it's possible that they WILL be textured. But who knows, nobody's going to know until it hits the shelves.
First hyper rare promo is ho oh gx full art and p.s hyper rares are full arts.

Pikachu6319

Scooby

Great logic, one problem; I'm a collector.

And as AshCo pointed out, there is no evidence to support this belief.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Great logic, one problem; I'm a collector.
I couldn't agree with this statement more.

I want this box no matter what because of all the cards I'd be able to add into my collection. (That and...Well I collect the dice too, I really want those dice. That's a huge selling point for me.) Besides...It has cards that shine in either playability or pure value(N for instance).

Zygarde C

Aspiring Trainer
I couldn't agree with this statement more.

I want this box no matter what because of all the cards I'd be able to add into my collection. (That and...Well I collect the dice too, I really want those dice. That's a huge selling point for me.) Besides...It has cards that shine in either playability or pure value(N for instance).
Yea looking back. Did say that it was Speculation. Sorry

Pikachu6319

Scooby
@AshCo: Screw the N, I want Shauna lol. Seriously though I agree with you on wanting Best of XY box regardless. Same with the Premium Collection. It just means the money will end up getting shelled out for both, but it doesn't mean I can't be annoyed by the massive price tag between the two in the meantime lol.

BlueMothim

Sparkle Yo!
Am I the only one who is disappointed that the Ho-oh figure ISN'T shiny? It looks like it's just a re-release of the HGSS pre-order figure. I'm still going to get the box for the playmat, packs and promos but some of the excitement is gone now because I was really hoping for a shiny Ho-oh figure.

Zygarde C

Aspiring Trainer
Yea looking back. Did say that it was Speculation. Sorry
well, looking back at the image that reveals how much the box will be worth, it says that yes ALL of the cards are "Full Art", but only the Shaymin EX and the Yveltal EX say that THEY will receive the "Special Artwork Treatment," meaning that they will have texture. While for the other cards, it states that " Cards like the N, Aeigislash EX, Shauna, and more" will have the foil treatment BUT NOT the special texture treatment. All I'm saying is that if you just want the cards out of it, just buy them separately instead of spending $100 on a box with 12+ holos and 2 FA cards. Just trying to save you money in the end. The Ho-Oh Super Premium is $20 cheaper and is worth the $80 value. (PS, the Yveltal Sleeves in the box will most likely be the ones that were in the Yveltal package on TCGO lately)

skawt

boop
Pokémon Center still just has the Elite Trainer box listed... pls post this so I can give you my money.

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
I thought that shining celebi would be one of the chase cards in this set, since it has a good ability, but then they just put it in this product, SO MAD.

Citrus

Aspiring Trainer
They seriously took out 2 of the 3 or so good shinies in this set just to sell this box? :I neato

Aggie_Brad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
To be honest I just wAnt the playmat
Seems like several of the new sets are including playmats. Wonder if this is a new trend instead of an occasional mat like in the Salamance Collector Boxes. Bring them on! They look great from what I have seen.