Help I Don't Know What Deck to Use Anymore.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I've been using Gardevoir and Bulu but they dead draw a lot. Just looking for a more consistent deck. I just don't have any desire to play because it feels like ther isn't anything out there for me. Maybe I'm just terrible at the game? I hope not.

Whats your playstyle? That helps a lot when coming to choose a deck. Like, do you like Set Up decks? Disruption? Speed? All this helps when choosing a deck. Just because a deck is top tier, doesn't mean you should play it; if it doesn't suit you.

Question: Do you play IRL or PTCGO?

Whats your playstyle? That helps a lot when coming to choose a deck. Like, do you like Set Up decks? Disruption? Speed? All this helps when choosing a deck. Just because a deck is top tier, doesn't mean you should play it; if it doesn't suit you.

Question: Do you play IRL or PTCGO?

Well, Volcanion was my first deck and I like aggressive, hard hitting decks that don't need to really set up. Unfortunately, Volcanion just flat out losses to Gardevoir, so it might not be an option. Struggles vs Garb/Espeon as confusion is annoying and disruptive.

Well, Volcanion was my first deck and I like aggressive, hard hitting decks that don't need to really set up. Unfortunately, Volcanion just flat out losses to Gardevoir, so it might not be an option. Struggles vs Garb/Espeon as confusion is annoying and disruptive.
I have a great Volcanion list, and there are many reasons why its my main standard deck atm. I had only lost to Gardevoir twice, its not that bad matchup.

Reasoning:

- Agressive/Speed is what makes this so good against a Stage 2, KO all their Ralts as quickly as possible

- This deck can handle the "top 3" (Gardevoir, Necrozma, Ninetales) very easily, as its fast and has 1HKO power, starting from turn 2

Espeon/Garb is definitely annoying but with enough switching cards, you'll be fine

I really recommend you try Volcanion, its a great deck and can beat most decks

If you need help, Ill gladly give a list/advice :)

Golisopod/ Zoroark has been one of my favorite and most successful decks IRL and online. It's very consistent and really just fun to play with honestly so that'd be my suggestion.

I got beat by a Ho-Oh/Salazzle deck at my league cup but part of it was just that I turn 1 Brigette without any supporter to get out of low hand count. Maybe misplay but if I sycamore or N, no guarantee I secure a bench to withstand onslaught.

And Golispod/Garb or the Zoroark variant you mention is a consideration but I question how it fares vs Volcanion. Perhaps it's only near auto loss, it doesn't seem unwinnable.

I liked Espeon/Garb but it just doesn't seem to win me close games some times and it's frustrating. Although, I only use 2 Lele for it and Gardevoir seems to be an issue.

Maybe play metagross or solgaleo, they both are hard hitters and Metagross GX has won a load of games, it's the only thing that absolutely murders Gardevoir GX. Pros even play it just to counter Gardevoir, I've seen people play metagross it is a hard hitting consistent deck with some good strategy like metagross ability, you can make so much use of it. Hope I helped I think you will like metagross and with some new cards coming out it could potentially win worlds.

I got beat by a Ho-Oh/Salazzle deck at my league cup but part of it was just that I turn 1 Brigette without any supporter to get out of low hand count. Maybe misplay but if I sycamore or N, no guarantee I secure a bench to withstand onslaught.

And Golispod/Garb or the Zoroark variant you mention is a consideration but I question how it fares vs Volcanion. Perhaps it's only near auto loss, it doesn't seem unwinnable.

I liked Espeon/Garb but it just doesn't seem to win me close games some times and it's frustrating. Although, I only use 2 Lele for it and Gardevoir seems to be an issue.

I'm trying to tech in an Oranguru in a Bulu deck, especially for first turn Brigette but don't want a 'dead hand', late game N's and as a good attacker against Gardevoir GX with a lot of energy (since Bulu discards energy after attack if you want to).

I have a great Volcanion list... If you need help, Ill gladly give a list/advice :)

I'd love to see your list. It's one of the top decks that I'm thinking of running, but I haven't found a way to make my list feel right.

I think Metagross is a good deck to try out. I have had a lot of sucess with so far at my local tournaments. Here is my list. It can help you create one if you want to make a Metagross deck.

Pokemon: 17

4 Beldum
3 Metang
4 Metagross GX
2 Alolan Vulpix
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Magearna EX
1 Cobalion

Trainers: 33

Items
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
4 Max Potion
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Field Blower

Supporter
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
1 Bridgette
3 Guzma
1 Lillie

Energy: 10

9 Metal Energy
1 Psychic Energy

Hopefully whatever deck you run you have more sucess with it. I also have an Alolan Ninetales, Quad Sylveon, Pure Golisopod, and a lot of their deck lists if you don't find Metagross appealing.

I run a Volcanion EX deck too and I'm finding that Turtonator GX makes the Gardevoir GX deck match-up favorable.

Honestly, for a fun maybe competitive deck, I am toying around with a Aurora Veil Ninetales based deck but can't decide what to partner with it that can serve as an attacker. Garbador would go so nicely but mixing energies might not work, although, Garb/Golisopod shows there are ways to build it with Rainbow energies and such.

Idk, I just love when people scoop when they have no answers for it. :)

I've been using Gardevoir and Bulu but they dead draw a lot. Just looking for a more consistent deck. I just don't have any desire to play because it feels like ther isn't anything out there for me. Maybe I'm just terrible at the game? I hope not.

If you dead draw a lot it's possible that the ratios in your decks need tuning.

I agree because I have run both lists and don't encounter that problem a lot. I personally think most decks in new fomat should run 10 draw supporters or 9 if they run something like Octillery. I actually run Octillery in both lists so I would suggest upwards of 9 draw supporters. When I say draw supporters that doesn't include Kukui I mean good draw supporters like Sycamore, N, Lillie, or Sophocles. Preferably 4 Sycamore, 4 N, and 1 Lillie or N.

Darkrai EX/GX? It's not clunky, from what I know doesn't dead draw.

Decidueye GX is still good believe it or not.

Back