• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Alakazam Deck Post Rotation

Guizzon

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone! I am considering a comeback to M Alakazam deck and wanted to know your thoughts about it.

Heres the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 3 Alakazam-EX FAC 25
* 3 M Alakazam-EX FAC 26
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Devolution Spray FAC 95
* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 3 Alakazam Spirit Link FAC 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Super Scoop Up BUS 124
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 9 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Main objective with the deck is damage bench with tapu kokos early game and end the game with M Alakazams or Necrozma GX atack.

Thank you all

I really don't see any point with having a Tapu Koko GX and an alakazam mega in a deck together. Plus mega alakazam isn't very successful. I would try a mismagius deck or something like Gardevoir but if you really love this deck here is some feedback:
Hoopa is rotated so you can't play it,
-all devolution spray
+ Field Blower
-all Po town
+altar of the moone

I really don't see any point with having a Tapu Koko GX and an alakazam mega in a deck together. Plus mega alakazam isn't very successful. I would try a mismagius deck or something like Gardevoir but if you really love this deck here is some feedback:
Hoopa is rotated so you can't play it,
-all devolution spray
+ Field Blower
-all Po town
+altar of the moone
Its not the Koko GX :p. Hoopa EX also has a Promo that let it survive through this year.

Po town is good, don't get rid of it.

I would cut a skyla for a guzma, and maybe cut delinquent for a sycamore or N.

I've actually played variations of this deck in the past and am finally glad to see this new Standard season; because, IMO, this deck has gotten stronger...

Following are a few comments for your consideration:

• Tapu Koko is the ideal starter for this deck; so, its count should be bumped up to 4 in order to maximize its accessibility.
  • Devolution Spray is not critical to the game-winning strategy; so, this count can be reduced/eliminated for more important, higher priority cards. Also, the Spirit Link will/should be Field Blower'ed away; so, devolving M Alakazam EX could slow you down thus becoming a potential liability.
  • Why no Espeon EX whose Miraculous Shine attack can devolve opponent's Stage Pokémon? This is especially useful in the current format where there are "lots" of Stage 1/2 Pokémon being used.
  • Super Scoop Up has a 50% chance of failure...
  • Why no Stadiums like Altar of the Moone and/or Parallel City?
Suggested deck changes:
-3 Devolution Spray - not critical or needed
-3 Po Town - not critical; some of the "top" decks do not evolve Pokémon from hand
-2 Super Scoop Up - not critical

+1 Alakazam EX - to enhance setup
+1 Espeon EX
+1 Tapu Koko

+1 Altar of the Moone - to facilitate free retreat for your P Pokémon
+1 N - more card-draw and opponent's hand disruption support
+1 Ninja Boy - to facilitate "sneak" attack with Necrozma GX
+1 Parallel City - to disrupt/shorten your opponent's bench or remove unwanted/unneeded Pokémon from your bench, and the best Stadium for this deck, IMO...
+1 Professor Sycamore - more card-draw support
You'll find this is an awesome deck. If you wish to discuss tactics, just PM me.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back