• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Darkrai Darkness Deck List

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
4 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
3 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
1 Yveltal STS 65
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
x2 Nihelgo GX

Trainer Cards - 35

4 N FAC 105
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
3 Guzma BUS 115
1 Acerola BUS 112
1 Lillie SUM 122
1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
3 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
2 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Exp. Share SUM 118
2 Field Blower GRI 125
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
x2 Lusamine (not sure)

Energy - 13

12 Darkness Energy Energy 32
2 Eainbow energy

I was going to run 2 Lele but there isn't enough bench space and I don't care that Everyone thinks it should be 3 Darkrai GX I want 4. Can I please have some feedback on anything else and I think nihelego GX would be a good secret you put it down when they are winning and you can get a quick, unexpected 2 prize cards. But please give me some feedback, so I can help make this a competitive deck.
I am also thinking of making a Metagross GX deck, A new Mismagius and garbotoxin Garbodor deck which could be really cool, and I love the cool idea of Marshadow GX/Glaceon EX/Jolteon Ex deck idea too.

Please feel free to post any of your ideas that are linked to this post so we can learn off each other :) Have a good day/night

I'm not sure I'm too keen on Nihelgo GX. It just feels a little to gimmicky to me, and if you are gonna keep Nihelgo I'd probably add 2 more Rainbow energy. +1 because there might be one prized and another +1 because you need 3 Physic for Nihelgo's GX move. However I think this deck would be completely fine without it.

If you remove Nihelgo GX that leaves room for +1 Yveltal (it's just good) and +1 Tapu Lele (I'm sure that's self explanatory).

I assume you're using Lusamine mainly to get Alter of the Moones back and if that's the case I'd just make it a 1 of. (which will make room for another exp. share)

I know you said you don't care, but I really would like you to consider doing 4 Darkrai EX/3 GX. I think that 4 GX is unnecessary. You have a higher chance starting with it too, which is no fun. Darkrai EX can hit good numbers with just 3 of the GX. Plus, it's just nice to have 4 of the EX in general.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Forgot Misty's Determination and Sophocles existed. You should run 1 or 2 of those.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not a very experienced Darkrai player, but I do have a list for it. I'm happy to help you with your Metagross deck because I have been that for a long time, and have a very successful list.

Darkrai Deck

Pokemon: 13

4 Darkrai EX(This is the point of the deck, so 4 is highly suggested.)
3 Darkrai GX(I haven't tested with 4, but multiple people have, and 4 isn't supposed to work.)
2 Yveltal(2 Yveltal's are pretty standard in Darkrai decks.)
2 Tapu Lele GX(No need to explain these cards.)
1 Hoopa EX(This is also pretty standard because it can get multiple Darkrai's.)
1 Darkrai(This is my counter to baby Alolan Nintales, and it is also a pretty good card.)

Trainers: 32

Items
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
3 Exp. Share(This will help keep energies on the board.)
2 Field Blower
2 Fighting Fury Belt(Put your pokemon out of 1 shot range.)
1 Rescue Stretcher

Supporters
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
2 Sophocles(This will help discard Darkrai GX's and energies.)

Stadium
3 Altar of the Moone(Help you retreat pokemon.)

Energy: 15

15 Dark Energy(This is more than standard lists, but that's because I want more consistency.)

Metagross Deck

Pokemon: 17

4 Beldum
3 Metang
4 Metagross GX
2 Alolan Vulpix
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Magearna EX
1 Cobalion

Trainers: 33

Items
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
4 Max Potion
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Field Blower

Supporter
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
1 Bridgette
3 Guzma
1 Lillie

Energy: 10

9 Metal Energy
1 Psychic Energy

Don't mean to write a wall of text, but I'm not sure how spoilers work lol. Also my lists are up to Burning Shadows, so I haven't included cards like Lusamine. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm too keen on Nihelgo GX. It just feels a little to gimmicky to me, and if you are gonna keep Nihelgo I'd probably add 2 more Rainbow energy. +1 because there might be one prized and another +1 because you need 3 Physic for Nihelgo's GX move. However I think this deck would be completely fine without it.

If you remove Nihelgo GX that leaves room for +1 Yveltal (it's just good) and +1 Tapu Lele (I'm sure that's self explanatory).

I assume you're using Lusamine mainly to get Alter of the Moones back and if that's the case I'd just make it a 1 of. (which will make room for another exp. share)

I know you said you don't care, but I really would like you to consider doing 4 Darkrai EX/3 GX. I think that 4 GX is unnecessary. You have a higher chance starting with it too, which is no fun. Darkrai EX can hit good numbers with just 3 of the GX. Plus, it's just nice to have 4 of the EX in general.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Forgot Misty's Determination and Sophocles existed. You should run 1 or 2 of those.
I'm also using it to get that last end game guzma or something for the last turn and I want to in case one is prized, and if I have two I can recycle them.

Hope this helps.

I would make it one nihelgo to quickly put it down end game and dead end gx

I would make it one nihelgo to quickly put it down end game and dead end gx
The 1 Nihelgo Gx I can get by. I'm not sure Lusamine is a great idea for getting a last turn Guzma because you're opponent can just N you or something. But I think jsut 1 would be okay.

I personally don't think Nihelgo is a good idea in this deck. I think you can run better without it. It's true that Dead End GX can knockout any pokemon, but if you play well enough you should be able to do the same thing to 80% of decks. I'm not really sure why you are running Rainbow Energy, but if it is for Nihelgo's attack don't waste your time. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and the deck guys :)
Any suggestions on different tech cards?

Can you post your updated list, so we can see what you are planning to run. Really I don't think Darkrai needs any tech cards as far I know because you don't have too many bad matchups. Maybe Metagross because they can OHKO a Darkrai without a FFB. There' not much you can do about that though.

Back