News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Thanks for posting this. Well, I first know this card on google before someone posting the translation.
  • Beedrill - 2-3 Geodudes, I already said that before.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Why doesn't pokemon simply nerf FoGP to only allow non-gx pokemon to use it?
Do you REALLY want people setting up Vileplume, Venusaur, Lunrantis, or Araquanid on turn one?
Forest of Giant Plants is stupid with Decidueye GX, but frankly it's more useful for non-GX anyways.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
First of all, a turn 1 Wally is pretty bad play because you're not locking people out of anything except a special energy attachment at best, maybe a stadium, but a turn 1 stadium denial is not the end of the world. Second of all, half the stadiums you listed are rotating out by the start of the new season.

This card is not going to bring the Seismitoad level of dominance that all of you are thirsting for.
"Turn 1 Wally is a bad play"

Trevenant says hi.

Decaying Hero

Aspiring Trainer
Why evolve up into this in order to do 30 damage while paralyzing in hopes of doing another 60 damage when you could just hit for 120 up front with Golisopod or hit for 20 without attacking with decidueye?

10 damage + poison + paralysis is not worth using your attack for the turn, especially on a stage 2 which requires 4 cards to use.
Having Paralysis lock is always good e.g. Accelgor. The poison damage is nice with a seviper or two. It's would have just a fun rouge deck. Definitely not top tier but for someone who loves Beedrill this could have been fun to play. (plus if you were playing forest you could have had a couple decidueye for bonus damage)

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
I don't get the hate sure its slow but you can do a almost infinite lock with devo spray and double puzzles serpentine strangle could make this even better! I do not by all means think this is good enough to be meta but a god troll or even rogue deck!

Elray

Expanded Player
Why doesn't pokemon simply nerf FoGP to only allow non-gx pokemon to use it?

Non-GX pokemon were exactly the reason the card got banned. Vileplume and Trevenant item lock on turn one kept players from actually playing the game. Getting 3 Decidueye-GX in play on turn one is inconsistent at best, and there are better decks for turn 1 damage (Night March, Latios Donk).

Coming from someone who played Yanmega BREAK, I'm glad FoGP got banned.

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest it's not very good but for a one energy you can deal 60, or 10 and poison and paralyse it's a little like mega bee drill. Decent I guess for 1 energy but I don't see it in any decks yet

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Wally turn one is bad for Mismagius is what he was saying. It is quite good with Trevenant and Greninja.
I really don't think its bad for Mismagius at all. Anything that locks your opponent out of doing something before they even have the chance to do it is good.

In Expanded, run Mismagius with Laserbank, Choice Band, Garbodor (Garbotoxin and Trashalanche) and lots of denial and you've got a speedy lock deck doing decent damage for only one energy with a high damage finisher. You could also run it with Trevenant which has the potential to be even nastier.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
First of all, a turn 1 Wally is pretty bad play because you're not locking people out of anything except a special energy attachment at best, maybe a stadium, but a turn 1 stadium denial is not the end of the world. Second of all, half the stadiums you listed are rotating out by the start of the new season.

This card is not going to bring the Seismitoad level of dominance that all of you are thirsting for.
I don't think it will have "Seismitoad level of dominance". What does it have to do with Toad? I think it will have Giratina level of playability.

one day beedrill will get a good card. today is not that day
Let's hope for a playable Beedrill GX in the future! :)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
About Mismagius...

I'm very cautious about overselling any card in the game, and this one is no different. Let me carefully analyze the card:

-110 HP: not too small, but not very bulky either. Can survive normal hits... It's okay.

-Dark Weakness: Dark is still well supported in this format to deal damage, but fortunately it only gives up 1 prize. Also, it dodges the psychic weakness.

-Stage 1: This can be worked around with wally, but I'd think most people as of late would rather start out with Brigette. It will probably rarely hit turn one because of this. Also, this does limit its tech-ability - you probably wouldn't add a line with a stage 2.

-Chaos Wheel: Giratina's move, only weakened to 30 damage... for one psychic energy. Not as strong as item lock, though blocking many cards is quite nice. But 30 damage just isn't enough to use as its main attack, unless you hit for weakness and add choice band. It could work for stalling for a little bit as you develop your own bench.

-Black Magic: If you wanted to break the lock in exchange for damage, this might help. Maybe could be used if hand sizes become a huge deal. But the curse is you'd avoid hand disruption, and your opponent gets to counter back at you with more cards to play - As well as having the Chaos Wheel lock removed. Also requires 3 energy to work...I'd only use it if it did a very important KO.

Overall, I can see many people trying to deck build with it. But whether it functions well in practice, I really can't say.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
sorry this might be a silly question but I'm wondering if the translation is accurate:
when it says "2 energy of every type" I am taking it as 2 of every type of energy, i.e. if I have a dragon pokemon that needs 2 grass and 2 darkness to attack, this single card would be enough to get that dragon going?

Scenario above seems a bit overpowered maybe, in which case I thought perhaps its supposed to say " 2 energy of any type"?
No, what it means is that it provides two energy, but those energies are every type. For instance, your active could attack with an attack that requires a fire energy, but also benefit from Magearna's ability.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Bruh, how likely is it going to be that on turn 2 for your opponent that his hand is going to be just special energies, tools, and stadiums? Answer; NOT LIKELY AT ALL
While I don't agree with some of the things said, I think this holds true. That's why I think Garbodor GRI has to be a great partner for this.

It is much less likely that your opponent has many options other than special energies, tools, stadiums and items on hand. So playing both these Pokémon definitely limits your opponent's options as they are basically left with their supporters and Pokémon which they can freely use.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
First of all, a turn 1 Wally is pretty bad play
Your words exactly. If you were talking exclusively about Mismagius, you would say "Turn one Wally is a pretty bad play for Mismagius".

However, Trevenant doesn't really have much to do with the subject. That is true.

Nyora

A Cat
Yknow now that I think about it is highly likely that we get Adaptive Evolution on Kakana+Weedle. Their other bug counterparts Metapod and caterpie having them in XY, it would be an awesome shoutout to them to make kakuna and wheedle have adaptive evolution.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Am I the only one who for once would like to see a Beedrill line that is purple bordered? I mean it is a poison type as well and poison has been purple bordered since the DP era. I mean even Tentacruel line has gotten that treatment and we see Beedrill far more than Tentacruel.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
OK yes Mismagius has Chaos Wheel for one energy but here's a few differences to what made Giratina EX far more of a deadly threat. For one there's far less Megas, if any that are going to be highly played which both need their Links and their rotated Mega Turbo and with it's Renegade Pulse Giratina was meant to fight Mega Pokemon. Field Blower removes Stadiums allowing you an easy way to remove Stadiums besides playing your own. -And if somehow it does become a threat we have Pokemon Rangers to remove it's effect entirely.

Now that THAT"S taken care of the Beedrill is a neat stage two and has some of the things I like to see: It has very cheap attacks and free Retreat. It also has an Anthem Pokemon with Promo Lurantis so you could have a good attack for very cheap. The other stages are most likely not going to be great but for that simple rare card it gets right to the point.