News Brock and Misty Set to Appear in Sun & Moon Anime!

Weedle_McHairybug

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, after posting that trailer, the Televi-Kun scan, those two teaser images, tweets by the various staff, including Junichi Masuada and Mayumi Iizuka, and posting a storyboard image that got showed in one of the trailers, and the trailer itself showing enough of the episode to practically spoil half of the two episodes, I think it's closer to being safe to say that, however long Misty and Brock stay, it's definitely a LOT longer than two episodes.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Aw. Pikachu jumping over to Misty was adorable. I feel like giving Misty her Gold and Silver hair style would've worked to show some time has passed. (I truly forget if Brock looked any different in G/S.) But sure. Nostalgia and nobody ages in the anime. Nailed it.

TCG cards are rarely based off of the anime, so probably not.
Yet here we are with Bewear in every Sun and Moon set, so far. :rolleyes: (Sorry. I know you said rarely, but I had to.)

I think WPM's observation about it being popular in the anime, thus being in every set, is spot on. ...Unless, of course, Pokemon flat out said this when they revealed the latest one on their Japanese Twitter. Then it's just fact. Ha ha.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Where's Gary??
I want to hear "Smell ya later!" one more time :)

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Now all we gotta do is wait a year or two, and then...

ASH REUNITES WITH SERENA! POKEMON THE SERIES SUN AND MOON: RETURN OF SERENA!

Pika!

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, after posting that trailer, the Televi-Kun scan, those two teaser images, tweets by the various staff, including Junichi Masuada and Mayumi Iizuka, and posting a storyboard image that got showed in one of the trailers, and the trailer itself showing enough of the episode to practically spoil half of the two episodes, I think it's closer to being safe to say that, however long Misty and Brock stay, it's definitely a LOT longer than two episodes.
Nah bro just a two episode deal they ain't staying

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I get what they're going for here, but... Something feels off to me. It kinda feels like they're ignoring a lot of the character development Misty and Brock went through since the original series for the sake of nostalgia. I guess we'll need to wait for the episode to see, but I hope I'm wrong. Misty might be my least favourite of the female protagonists, but I still want her appearance to be a good one.

Weedle_McHairybug

Aspiring Trainer
Nah bro just a two episode deal they ain't staying
Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with that claim. The amount of teasing they've done since Monday would suggest a whole lot more than just two episodes (heck, that trailer they've released alone just potentially spoiled half of the episodes we know they're going to be in), ESPECIALLY when taking into account how they didn't give NEARLY as much teases regarding potential returns during prior character returns (Usually, their returns were only indicated by a TVGuide-type scan at the very least, maybe at most a TV Games Guide scan at best in the case of Charizard in BW. Heck, in Dawn's case, her return wasn't even given any prior allusions in any sources beforehand. And for the record, they didn't give nearly as much teasing when Misty briefly returned for Battle Frontier, or, heck, Ash even going to Kanto for the Battle Frontier anyway, despite it not only also being a Kanto revisit, but also nearing the franchise's 10 year anniversary as well.). Maybe if they only kept it to a TV Guide schedule blurb, or at most an announced episode title like they have done before, I'd be a bit more believing of that claim.

I get what they're going for here, but... Something feels off to me. It kinda feels like they're ignoring a lot of the character development Misty and Brock went through since the original series for the sake of nostalgia. I guess we'll need to wait for the episode to see, but I hope I'm wrong. Misty might be my least favourite of the female protagonists, but I still want her appearance to be a good one.

Eh, as long as Misty's no longer at the gym, I won't mind (personally, I hated how they shoved her at the gym after GCYL, ESPECIALLY considering how AG sullied the reputation of Gym Leaders as a whole by treating the Hoenn Gym Leaders as basically being as competent as Jessie, James and Meowth [ie, not competent at all, save for maybe Roxanne and Brawley].). Besides, considering Televi-Kun's blurb about Brock explicitly notes his being a Pokemon Doctor, I'm pretty sure they've retained his development at least.

So, I guess Ash never had a Pidgeot then?

Never say never. Besides, they'd BETTER have Ash come back for Pidgeot this time around after how AG's writers completely screwed up that opportunity (I can forgive Johto having him neglect to come back for it, since at least there, Ash had an excuse due to Professor Oak not exactly giving him much time to do that due to wanting him to deliver the GS Ball ASAP, I cannot forgive AG for not having him go for it).

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I seen a good video a couple of weeks ago 'what if ash went back for Pidgeot' was actually quite entertaining look it up!

I watched it and it was interesting but I really have the feeling there was a translation issue with the episode. I think the Japaneses intended for it to be released right then and there but the dub had them saying it would return but I believe they had to write it off for being its strongest Pokemon. The West just want to see it come back to do something for Ash before it goes away again. Charizard is cool and all but his Pidgeot has always been there for him so it sucks to see them treat a popular Pokemon like that the way they do. Just as something to show the fans that they didn't forget. Let it show up so it can teach Rowlet a thing or two.

Weedle_McHairybug

Aspiring Trainer
I watched it and it was interesting but I really have the feeling there was a translation issue with the episode. I think the Japaneses intended for it to be released right then and there but the dub had them saying it would return but I believe they had to write it off for being its strongest Pokemon. The West just want to see it come back to do something for Ash before it goes away again. Charizard is cool and all but his Pidgeot has always been there for him so it sucks to see them treat a popular Pokemon like that the way they do. Just as something to show the fans that they didn't forget. Let it show up so it can teach Rowlet a thing or two.

I just asked Dogasu on his Facebook page as to when he'll redo the comparison for that episode, partially because of that (and partially because there really needs to be a side note about how those sauces, especially the red sauce and Mustard, were NOT intended to be Ketchup and the regular mustard we know of, respectively. I was terrified of having those condiments after what happened in those episodes, where everyone who ate the food ended up spraying fire).

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I just asked Dogasu on his Facebook page as to when he'll redo the comparison for that episode, partially because of that (and partially because there really needs to be a side note about how those sauces, especially the red sauce and Mustard, were NOT intended to be Ketchup and the regular mustard we know of, respectively. I was terrified of having those condiments after what happened in those episodes, where everyone who ate the food ended up spraying fire).

Speaking of Mustard and Ketchup, those were going to be the names of Cyrax and Sector.

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with that claim. The amount of teasing they've done since Monday would suggest a whole lot more than just two episodes (heck, that trailer they've released alone just potentially spoiled half of the episodes we know they're going to be in), ESPECIALLY when taking into account how they didn't give NEARLY as much teases regarding potential returns during prior character returns (Usually, their returns were only indicated by a TVGuide-type scan at the very least, maybe at most a TV Games Guide scan at best in the case of Charizard in BW. Heck, in Dawn's case, her return wasn't even given any prior allusions in any sources beforehand. And for the record, they didn't give nearly as much teasing when Misty briefly returned for Battle Frontier, or, heck, Ash even going to Kanto for the Battle Frontier anyway, despite it not only also being a Kanto revisit, but also nearing the franchise's 10 year anniversary as well.). Maybe if they only kept it to a TV Guide schedule blurb, or at most an announced episode title like they have done before, I'd be a bit more believing of that claim.

The amount of hype they're building for this arc can be easily attributed to another (likely fruitless) attempt to appeal to the old fans and nothing more. "Ooh, look, here's Misty and Brock! The original traveling companions! Love us again, genwunners!"

I'm not going to say that extending this arc beyond these two episodes would be unreasonable (compared to their stay in Akala, a school trip to Kanto is HUGE, they're basically visiting another country). Heck, I'd even welcome it to an extent. But I'm going to be very upset if Misty and Brock overstay their welcome purely for the sake of another (again, fruitless) attempt to win back the genwunners. I'd be content with six or seven episodes in Kanto, tops.

Weedle_McHairybug

Aspiring Trainer
The amount of hype they're building for this arc can be easily attributed to another (likely fruitless) attempt to appeal to the old fans and nothing more. "Ooh, look, here's Misty and Brock! The original traveling companions! Love us again, genwunners!"

I'm not going to say that extending this arc beyond these two episodes would be unreasonable (compared to their stay in Akala, a school trip to Kanto is HUGE, they're basically visiting another country). Heck, I'd even welcome it to an extent. But I'm going to be very upset if Misty and Brock overstay their welcome purely for the sake of another (again, fruitless) attempt to win back the genwunners. I'd be content with six or seven episodes in Kanto, tops.

As long as Misty isn't shoved back in the gym and actually is allowed to pursue her Water Pokémon Master goal, I could care less if it's a temporary reappearance or a permanent one (although I personally prefer a permanent reappearance). For the record, though, technically, bringing back Misty and Brock wouldn't appeal to just Genwunners since the Original Series also encompassed parts of Generation II, specifically Johto. It's not just limited to the RGBY crowd, and Genwunners, last I checked, consider Generation 1 to be the absolute best and everything else to be trash.