Winners of PokeBeach's July 2017 TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

clara

Aspiring Trainer
so do these comps take place irl or are they in ptcgo. if there ingame i would love to compete

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
so do these comps take place irl or are they in ptcgo. if there ingame i would love to compete

Yeah so would I, Can you please give some explanation?

I'm happy to hear that you are both interested!

These free tournaments take place monthly and are played on PTCGO. Anyone who places in the top will be sent booster packs by TCGplayer. Everyone is eligible to play; however, premium members receive greater prizes than regular members.

You can read the news story for last month's tournament here.

If you want to play, September's TCG Cup will be posted next week! Keep an eye out on the front page for the news story, which will explain how to sign up -- it's very simple.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Eh, what the hell. I'll start grinding on PTCGO for Leles and other garbage so I can play in these. I use the site, I might as well include myself. I'm sad to see that Garb keeps doing this to us. I better get good at praying to RNG-sus, because TCGO's auto-shuffler is trash.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
I'm gonna throw in my opinion that a premium membership is definitely worth the monthly subscription. For less than the cost of a Cup entry, you have access to premium articles by some pretty great players, a guaranteed spot in the tournaments, and a HUGE boost in prizing. I got 20 packs for my 4th place finish, where a Cup would give me 9. Sure, no CP, but still a great competitive experience that I'd recommend for anyone looking to play.

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
I'm gonna throw in my opinion that a premium membership is definitely worth the monthly subscription. For less than the cost of a Cup entry, you have access to premium articles by some pretty great players, a guaranteed spot in the tournaments, and a HUGE boost in prizing. I got 20 packs for my 4th place finish, where a Cup would give me 9. Sure, no CP, but still a great competitive experience that I'd recommend for anyone looking to play.
I am cosigning this, The able to win 72 packs for the small member fee they got it is incredible. I cant wait until i get them now :)

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
How are the skill based wins determined? I see that there were packs given away for creative decklists, but the description for the tournament talks about skill based wins. Are the creative decklists and skill based wins the same thing?

Edit: @Machamp The Champion I'm curious about the answer to my question. If it is about unique decks, then I can attempt build something different for the September tournament.

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
How are the skill based wins determined? I see that there were packs given away for creative decklists, but the description for the tournament talks about skill based wins. Are the creative decklists and skill based wins the same thing?

Edit: @Machamp The Champion I'm curious about the answer to my question. If it is about unique decks, then I can attempt build something different for the September tournament.

I can answer this.

"Skill-based wins" is probably a misnomer. To become eligible for them, you have to not make top 16, and if you didn't win top 16, you probably didn't win too many matches.

The skill-based wins is basically a way for premium members in the top 32 to walk away with prizes. The writers vote on which decks they like best. Using a creative deck idea will put you in a more favorable light than the umpteenth meta deck that ten other subs used, but it's important to note that creative does not necessarily mean bad.

So you can use meta decks and try for T16, or enjoy the sweet, sweet memes and possibly have something to fall back on in case you scrub out. Just don't drop and maintain your subscription and you'll at least be in the running.