News 'Shining Legends Ho-Oh Super Premium Collection' in October!

Zeno

The Wanderer
Seems like it might be a bit of a better deal than the last one depending on how you price the items included. Not excited to drop $80, but excited for the item!

SirKnight

Securing the win
oh baby! I can get this for my B-day! plus a good chance to get a Zoroark GX, might as well!

Baggie_Saiyan

Aspiring Trainer
UK is getting screwed over again...
"Content:
  • A full-art rainbow promo card featuring Ho-Oh-GX
  • 2 never-before-seen foil promo cards featuring Shining Lugia and Shining Celebi
  • A foil promo card featuring Pikachu
  • 8 Pokémon TCG: Shining Legends booster packs
  • A poster featuring 9 Shining Pokémon
  • An oversize full-art rainbow promo card featuring Ho-Oh-GX
  • A code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online"
Granted the half price does reflect this but still what's the point? The ETB seems much better investment. Smh.

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
Hmm, yep. No real surprises here, other than the identity of the Pikachu promo card.

I really want to pick this up, just for the Lugia and to open some packs of this set...Also, I haven't seen a playmat included in a boxed product like this before, and I'd be pretty happy if it was sturdy and not just a piece of paper.

Probably going to have to be a Christmas gift to myself, because I don't trust these to stay on the shelves >.>

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
UK is getting screwed over again...
"Content:
  • A full-art rainbow promo card featuring Ho-Oh-GX
  • 2 never-before-seen foil promo cards featuring Shining Lugia and Shining Celebi
  • A foil promo card featuring Pikachu
  • 8 Pokémon TCG: Shining Legends booster packs
  • A poster featuring 9 Shining Pokémon
  • An oversize full-art rainbow promo card featuring Ho-Oh-GX
  • A code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online"
Granted the half price does reflect this but still what's the point? The ETB seems much better investment. Smh.

Does it reflect the price of 2 less packs, no figure, no playmat, and no boxes? I'd definitely pay the $40. I think the figures are usually hit or miss, and the boxes are probably not that great as a storage option. But the playmat might end up being really nice for sure.

Bewear_of the night ahead

Fear me, for I am the ruler in the North!
Hmm, yep. No real surprises here, other than the identity of the Pikachu promo card.

I really want to pick this up, just for the Lugia and to open some packs of this set...Also, I haven't seen a playmat included in a boxed product like this before, and I'd be pretty happy if it was sturdy and not just a piece of paper.

Probably going to have to be a Christmas gift to myself, because I don't trust these to stay on the shelves >.>

I'm interested in seeing what the play mat looks like as well. I've seen some at Worlds this past weekend and they had some nice looking and sturdy mats. Haha my birthday comes up on Thanks Giving, so it amy way of saying to myself that Im thankful for this release ;)! XD

sw_bionic

Aspiring Trainer
cool stuff there. that celebi seems to be playable and I want to pull some venasaurs to make a bulu deck hehe

M4DH4TTERXD

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh really? They made Lugia a promo too?
These boxes are starting to get kind of irritating.

For me I see it as an easy way to guarantee getting "chase" cards(atleast in zoroark's case" Especially since there are no booster boxes for shining legends

That being said this seems like a much better deal than the best of xy box. 3 good promos, 10 packs and the playmat is enough I'd say to justify a heftier price tag than you're average figure collection

Frosstoise

Pokemon Connoisseur
I really hope that the playmat doesn't have a big "Super Premium Collection" on it. If it's just great art, it'll be so much more hype.

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
thats so dumb, one of the cards i was looking forward for was shining celebi, but now its a promo card, this is rigged, same with lugia, although the pikachu is so cute

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Also, I haven't seen a playmat included in a boxed product like this before, and I'd be pretty happy if it was sturdy and not just a piece of paper.

My Mega Salamence collection came with a playmat; it's fairly well made.
In-line with some of the Ultra Pro rubber mats.

So, I'm hopeful that this will at least be of similar quality~