News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

MetaCall

ADVGYM
  • Registeel - I love the artwork. Aside from that, another setup atkr like Baby Volcanion, hey Nick! (Who's Nick?) that fits well for Metagross or any non-Metagross decks. It can be a one-of in any Darkrai decks not just a possible replacement for Baby Yveltal, #HeyNick, It can be a non-GX/EX attacker against Broski who won Worlds recently. Popup a Choice Band on it, and OHKO Broski, Yay! In Overall, 3-4 Geodudes.EDIT: 2nd atk costs MMC not CCC, so it's only for Metagross as non-GX attacker so that's why I give 3-4. Anyways, another fuel for Regigigas

Another great week for Pokémon

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
  • Registeel - I love the artwork. Aside from that, another setup atkr like Baby Volcanion, hey Nick! (Who's Nick?) that fits well for Metagross or any non-Metagross decks. It can be a one-of in any Darkrai decks not just a possible replacement for Baby Yveltal, #HeyNick, It can be a non-GX/EX attacker against Broski who won Worlds recently. Popup a Choice Band on it, and OHKO Broski, Yay! In Overall, 3-4 Geodudes.EDIT: 2nd atk costs MMC not CCC, so it's only for Metagross as non-GX attacker so that's why I give 3-4. Anyways, another fuel for Regigigas
It requires M energy tho, Im thinking of the Darkrai idea. But it will be a very good card in format. to crush those Gard decks. 1 M + choice band = 120 dmg vs Gardevoir, plus u get to attach the energy

bladecatcher

matthais
It's a good idea to start using weakness policy since everybody is focusing in OHKO on gardevoir GX with metal/steel pokemon... We really need an item-lock supporter in this new format!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
I like the art a lot - is Registeel being scolded?

Insert caption here waiting to happen for this card lol

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I suppose it's good for steel decks, but doesn't get much done compared to Xerneas and Volcanion. Metagross does not need it. In fact, Registeel's first attack messes things up for Metagross, because if you attach energy from the discard pile, you can't attach enough energy from the discard with Geotech System, and the whole point of Metagross is to use powerful attacks that discard energy for damage for high damage every single turn. Registeel would help, but you already have Geotech System to do that for you, and with Geotech System, you can attack with a powerful attacker instead of Registeel.
Second attack: 90 is 2HKO, 30 heal is something.
Artwork: It's Registeel being cleaned by an Aether Employee. I love it.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Nice tech for Metagross decks. Not only can Geotech system charge it up, it also can charge up a Metagross not ready to go yet and serves as the non-GX attacker to bypass baby Ninetales.
Metang already serves as the non-GX attacker to bypass baby ninetales, and you don't have to run extra cards to have access to him.

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
This Registeel is literally just Volcanion but worse. Do they even attempt to make steel types good, or are they doing this on purpose? Are we ever going to see any meta with more than one good steel, or will we forever be locked to whatever singular steel they decide to make playable?

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
This Registeel is literally just Volcanion but worse. Do they even attempt to make steel types good, or are they doing this on purpose? Are we ever going to see any meta with more than one good steel, or will we forever be locked to whatever singular steel they decide to make playable?

Oblivion wing yveltal is literally just Volcanion but worse. Do they even attempt to make dark types good, or are they doing this on purpose?

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
This isn't a good card in any current deck. It's not good in Metagross because the deck already has a way to attach energies from discard with an ability, this just slows the deck down needlessly, Vulpix is better as a one prize option for searching.

In Solgaleo, Rayquaza is better because of how Sol Burst works, you can give it a DCE very easily and then it can get a Solgaleo back online after one turn of recharging instead of two.

If they have some kind of metal turbo deck this might be useful. Otherwise I don't see it being played. I like the art though.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Metang already serves as the non-GX attacker to bypass baby ninetales, and you don't have to run extra cards to have access to him.
That's true, but Metang is squishier than Registeel is. You'd rather use Metang to evolve into Metagross anyway.

I suppose it's good for steel decks, but doesn't get much done compared to Xerneas and Volcanion. Metagross does not need it. In fact, Registeel's first attack messes things up for Metagross, because if you attach energy from the discard pile, you can't attach enough energy from the discard with Geotech System, and the whole point of Metagross is to use powerful attacks that discard energy for damage for high damage every single turn. Registeel would help, but you already have Geotech System to do that for you, and with Geotech System, you can attack with a powerful attacker instead of Registeel.
Second attack: 90 is 2HKO, 30 heal is something.
Artwork: It's Registeel being cleaned by an Aether Employee. I love it.

I still think this Registeel is a good tech to get rid of baby Ninetales without relying on Metang. It's also another way to force a 7-prize game.