News New 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon' Trailer, Artwork!

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I'm definitely interested and hyped for the GS releases.

Regarding UMUS...it's definitely "meh" and no interest in spending money on it! Map's artworks have disappointed me before, I don't care about new journeys to Kanto unless the region gets a true expansion and a new game, ultra moves are zero to me and the characters people will play with are children, not even teenagers like in BW.

Oh yeah, and version exclusives clothes and colours has pissed me very much, so...have at you GF.

Welcome back Johto!

PS: oh, and people will certainly return to Vermilion because with all the unfinished areas in Alola that might get something in UMUS (another very cheap move), we'll finally get to see what the man with the Machop has done with his plot of land! :D

Last edited:

Mitja

veteran smartass
DHm6HdWW0AA0Uyu.jpg:large

Just saying. Same for "following Pokémon", unless official news confirms it, don't expect more than a random Rockruff reacting to you pass by.

flilix

Aspiring Trainer
It looks good, but I'm still not sure about buying it. I'd rather spend my money on all these upcoming Switch games!

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
We're also getting Bewear and Palossand exclusive Z moves as well i'm pretty sure! It was in the Japanese trailer at the end!

They translate to:
Full-Force Unrivalled Fierce Fist
and
Invitation to the Endless Night

a.k.a. the Japanese names for All-Out Pummeling and Never-Ending Nightmare, the regular Z moves

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Whoops, didnt know sorry : (. I thought they were exclusive moves because they looked too detailed

You aren't the first. I know someone I told them the Japanese translation for the bewear one... But neglected to inform them it was just All-Out Pummeling XD. They're going to be so annoyed when they find out.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
I just recently watched the Gameinformer podcast and GameFreak interviews where it's explained that the whole island-trial-challenge-thing was thought up pretty late into production. Quite frankly, it shows with how slapped-together a lot of the trials were and how inconsequential some of the captains were to your progression.

The fact that they're giving Ryuki, the most random challenge character ever, more poignancy in gameplay gives me hope that maybe they'll invest more in characters like Mina who should've been important to the player to begin with.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, this trailer does nothing for me. They haven't really shown anything radically different about this game yet to make a second trip through Alola exciting. The only thing I find legitimately interesting about this trailer is that forest. As several people around the internet have pointed out, if you look really closely at that forest you can see Kartana there.

1503214215200.jpg

What this means, most likely, is that this forest is in Ultra Space, which is why we can't find it on the map, it's not in Alola at all. So we may be doing more with the UBs than just finding them in random patches of grass around Alola, now we go to the area of Ultra Space where they actually live to catch them.

That being said, if all they're doing is just adding more linear hallways like they did with Nihilego in SM, I'm still not interested. Now if it's more like an entire region's worth of Ultra Space to explore (sort of like ALttP/ALBW/Metroid Prime 2), then I might be interested, but I'm not expecting that much.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
That being said, if all they're doing is just adding more linear hallways like they did with Nihilego in SM, I'm still not interested. Now if it's more like an entire region's worth of Ultra Space to explore (sort of like ALttP/ALBW/Metroid Prime 2), then I might be interested, but I'm not expecting that much.
I wouldn't expect anything more than maybe a puzzle room akin to the Distortion World in Platinum. I was kind of expecting that as soon as Ultra Space was mentioned in the first games, but it didn't feel very thought out by the time we got to it.

It was more "Oh, here's a hallway in between cutscenes to get your team together", and less about the journey. Here's hoping they'll try to remedy that.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

I would love that to really happen, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be enough. Had it been in earlier years, it would have been enough, but I expect much more from this game after so many other games we have played so far.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Now if it's more like an entire region's worth of Ultra Space to explore (sort of like ALttP/ALBW/Metroid Prime 2), then I might be interested, but I'm not expecting that much.

omg, Ultra space being literally parallel to the "real world" like dark worlds in those games would be really neat.

While I'm also not expecting more than just more of these small places, with Celesteelas covered in space bamboo etc... it would be really neat if they turned out to be bigger and actually vaguely follow similar layouts as places in Alola.

Well, we did have to catch 4 Kartanas in SM, so it being reduced to one comfy room with a single Kartana would be odd, so I'm leaning more towards each of these at least being Verdant-Cave sized.

OmegaElectivire765

Aspiring Trainer
I am excited for these games, although I am slightly upset that there hasn't been much information released for these games... I already pre-ordered the Dual Pack Steel-book, so I am going to be cautiously optimistic.