News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
What a minute, if where not getting shining ho-oh in the elite trainer box, then where do we get it?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Well, I mean, this IS the Pikachu that Raichu-GX decks will play. I do like this art more than the SM1 art that they gave the promo, but that means my sealed ones just became worthless, which more or less, already happened with the cinnamon toast crunch incident.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Well, I'm pretty much sold on the Pikachu box cause that badge is just adorable :) (Though I do gotta ask why does the shape of Pikachu's head seem to vary by artist. If it gets much rounder, he'll end up looking like Stewie from Family Guy XD)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Well, I'm pretty much sold on the Pikachu box cause that badge is just adorable :) (Though I do gotta ask why does the shape of Pikachu's head seem to vary by artist. If it gets much rounder, he'll end up looking like Stewie from Family Guy XD)
You just roasted a rat

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
Oh dang those energies tho!!1111!!!1 But seriously, those pack arts look absolutely clean. I wonder if they will have code cards inside or if it will be like Generations.

TotoBoss

Kappa
okay so I'm not too happy about this, well I am but I'm also not. The pikachu has 70 hp and has the same first attack as nuzzle pikachu. basically it's the same but with 10 more hp. now why is that a problem? you might ask, well I literally JUST got a playset of the fa nuzzle's for my upcoming raichu gx deck and then this beast straight up outclasses it. I mean don't get me wrong 70hp is awesome but I'm just a bit salty on that matter. Now I do have to play this pikachu because it's better so I'll probably just end up trading the pikachu which is such a shame cause I love the artwork on them. oh and if you don't know 60 to 70 hp is a big difference.

for example there's no chance of a turn 1 dce lele knock out if you have 1 energy attached unless they kukui.
It takes 4 of tapu koko's flying flip to knock it out instead of 3
it takes gardevoir 3 energy to knock it out instead of 2
garbodor need 4 items in the discard pile instead of 3

and any of these matters can be game changing

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I'll buy one of the ETBs, but outside of that I doubt I'll collect much from this set. Way too pricey. I'm better off just buying the singles I want online once the sets been out for a bit.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Set Logo - Always seen on the one-die in the ETB. I love it, what does represent?
  • Mewtwo - Nice and standard if you imagine the attack does 120 for 3, OHKOs Espeon. 3? Geodudes
  • Pack art - Gorgeous

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Pack arts look awesome! Sad no Jirachi pack art though. Also really surprised that the set doesn't have any special energy design like generations.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
That looks like a new Mewtwo!

Please let the ability be good.

From zooming in on the image it reads as follows:

As long as this Pokemon is your active _____
Opponent's Active Pokemon's Attacks _____
(Before applying weakness and resistance ___

This is just a hunch, but i would say that this Mewtwo has some sort of damage modifier to your opponents attacks. I thought at first pehaps they had to attach an extra energy card or something to attack, but that doesn't fit in with the whole "before applying weakness and resistance" line.

I reckon the opponents attacks are lowered before the weakness and resistance is what the cards trying to get at here. Knowing TPCI it would probobly only be about 20 less damage, maybe 30 if we're lucky. then it would be a Boufalant or non ex Lugia colne.