• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Salazzle GX/Garb "Hot Garbage"(Input please)

mrfr1day

Aspiring Trainer
3 Salazzle GX
3 Salandit
3 Trubish
2 Garb
1 Garb(GUR)
2 Tapu Lele GX

14 Pokemon

4 Sycamore
3 N
4 Ultra Ball
3 Guzma
2 Skyla
2 Field Blower
1 Body Building Dumbbells
1 Energy Retrieval
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod
1 Brigette
2 Acerola
4 Choice Band
3 Float Stone

33 Trainers

4 Rainbow Energy
7 Fire Energy
2 Psychic Energy

13 Energy

Very easy to set up and has an incredible late game in Salazzle GX's Diabolical Claws and Garb's Travalanche. Against Garde and Volc. Garbotoxin and Queen's haze cripples both decks. Deck can hit really fast and is even better late game.

Thoughts?

*Playtesting Notes
-Currently undefeated against Volc. Opponents had ample time to set up but Salazzle's Queen's Haze+Garbotoxin left them useless late game.

-Extremely good MU against Metagross.

-Really good against decks that require high amounts energies to set up like the decks mentioned above.

-Have yet to play against Garde GX and Greninja. Both require turns to set up. This deck hits for 110 turn 2. 200+ Late game with the ability to disable Pokemon abilities and to sweep with either Salazzle's Diabolic Claws or Garb's Travalanche. Would LOVE some input on this deck as to what to change/ add. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Hey, it's me. I'm glad to hear my super weird deck idea is panning out somewhat. I think I do have a few suggestions to this list however.

Rainbow Energy seem a little unnecessary. 13 energy seems a little much for as little energy as Salazzle and Garb take. I also think that energy retrieval is also a bit overkill on the energies. I suggest making 2 of the rainbows fire and the other two Max Elixirs, along with the energy retrieval. You don't NEED them, but some energy acceleration is nice.

To up your consistency even more, I would lose the dumbells for a fourth float stone. It means you can maintain the Garbotoxin better.

I would also ditch one rescue stretcher for another Field Blower. It can just be nice whenever your opponent plays a random FFB or to remove Float Stones.

I think a fourth Salandit would also be nice, as it increases the chance of starting with a Salandit, who is the ideal starter.

But I like the list! Will play it myself.

Last edited:
Nice list. I only have 3 comments for your consideration:
  • From a consistency standpoint, consider adding another Garbodor (GUR) so that if the one is prized, you'll have another available. The same suggestion holds true for Brigette. Both, especially the Brigette, IMO, is just too important not to play T! or T2 at the latest. So, consider -1 Body Building Dumbells (this 1-of is not critical) and -1 Choice Band for +1 Garbodor (GUR) and +1 Brigette.
  • Secondly, IMO, the Rainbow energy is not necessary. From my experience in running decks with low energy attacking requirements and requiring mixed Basic energy, I've found running 9 "primary" (i.e., Fire in your case) and 4 "secondary" to be quite sufficient. So, -4 Rainbow energy for +2 Fire and +2 Psychic. You may also find that 8 Fire are more than adequate (given you currently run only 7); so, consider replacing the 9 Fire energy with a Professor's Letter. By just running Basic energy, overall deck operations will improve since:
    • You can get the needed energy with either Professor's Letter and Energy Retrieval;
    • Skyla can be used to get either Professor's Letter and Energy Retrieval;
    • Basic energy can be recovered and recycled back into your deck via Super Rod; and
    • Attaching a Basic energy does not "penalize" you with 10 damage unlike Rainbow.
  • A 4th Salandit would be helpful too.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

I think this deck sounds like fun, and could be pretty good. I was wondering about one thing though. What is your plan early game? Both of your attackers are only good late game. If your opponent is decent he can avoid putting items in the discard, so Trashalanche won't be that good till the very end of the game. Salazzle GX is only good if you can take prizes, but you can't take prizes until late game when your Trashalanche Garbodor actually does something. What is stopping a deck like Gardevoir GX, Golisopod GX, and any decently fast deck from rolling you over. In fact decks don't even half to be that fast because you can't hurt them at all. Even decks like Greninja which take till turn 3 or 4 to setup can do it without you putting any major pressure. The most you can do is 110 which isn't very impressive in a meta filled with pokemon that have 180+ health. The only real pressure you can put on is using Garbotoxin.

Last edited:
*Vs Garde GX
-Had an amazing start with Salazzle hitting 110 turn two and was able to get 2 prizes easy. However, things became tough once my opponent set up a garde and field blew most of my float stones. Had a few instances where they were unable to Secret Spring but most of the time they were able to. Late game however they seemed to be out of energies so I was able to pick up the win despite my opponent having 2 garde and 1 in the active. Managed to get the final choice band thanks to Skyla and hit for 230 with Salazzle's Diabolic Claws. Despite the great start, Garde can come back big time. I think it's slightly in Garde's favor only because players seem to be running 4 field blowers nowadays.

I think this deck sounds like fun, and could be pretty good. I was wondering about one thing though. What is your plan early game? Both of your attackers are only good late game. If your opponent is decent he can avoid putting items in the discard, so Trashalanche won't be that good till the very end of the game. Salazzle GX is only good if you can take prizes, but you can't take prizes until late game when your Trashalanche Garbodor actually does something. What is stopping a deck like Gardevoir GX, Golisopod GX, and any decently fast deck from rolling you over. In fact decks don't even half to be that fast because you can't hurt them at all. Even decks like Greninja which take till turn 3 or 4 to setup can do it without you putting any major pressure. The most you can do is 110 which isn't very impressive in a meta filled with pokemon that have 180+ health. The only real pressure you can put on is using Garbotoxin.
Salazzle GX hits for 110 turn two. That will take out Golisopod(Assuming we're talking Post rotation where Forest is out of the format) and Salazzle can easily get two prizes early game. By then I should have set up either a garb or another Salazzle. Those decks you mentioned, Golisopod/garde/greninja don't have ANY pokemon above 180 with the exception of Garde but they have to set up for that.

Against Golisopod:
-We hit for weakness and we can also set up quickly(Post-rotation) Golisopod needs TWO lyrantis(Promo) to KO our salazzle while we only need two energies.

Against Greninja:
-Again we set up Much faster with Salazzle. On top of that they need a lot of items to actually set up Greninja which harms them and with Garbotoxin, i can shut down the shurikens

Against Garde GX:
-This one is tough because of Secret Spring and that they run 4 field blowers. Early game is great for us but they can easily bounce back. If my garbotoxin sticks they're pretty much stuck. But that will rarely happen.

We can handle these decks definitely. I think you're underestimating how amazing hitting 110 turn 2 is and how amazing late game can be. I think this deck is in a great position Post rotation seeing how it can handle top tier decks like Metagross, Volc, and Garde. I feel like this deck definitely has a place in standard.

i just don't see how you can do so great against volcanion deck
especialy now when they use also ho-oh gx
kiawe powers it up in 1 turn and then ho-oh or turtonator can easily kill your Salazzle (with help of steam ups or/and choice band)

Queen's Haze GX gets rid of all their energy. If they're Turtonator, they can GX it back on, but then you can just trade with them.

I have faced a few Salazzle decks (although none using Garbodor), and I gotta say, Greninja bodies this deck. Even without powers, Choice Band lets them OHKO you. If they ever get a turn of Abilities thanks to Field Blower or Garbodor just not being there, it's more bad news.

Cool idea though. Salazzle is one of those Pokemon I've wanted to build a deck around but haven't been able to since I don't have any online.

Queen's Haze GX gets rid of all their energy. If they're Turtonator, they can GX it back on, but then you can just trade with them.

I have faced a few Salazzle decks (although none using Garbodor), and I gotta say, Greninja bodies this deck. Even without powers, Choice Band lets them OHKO you. If they ever get a turn of Abilities thanks to Field Blower or Garbodor just not being there, it's more bad news.

Cool idea though. Salazzle is one of those Pokemon I've wanted to build a deck around but haven't been able to since I don't have any online.

Oh this deck definitely auto loses to Ninetales and Greninja. However I've had success against the big 3(Volc, Garde, Metagross) and the numerous Garb iterations. Not saying this deck is top tier but it definitely works.

i just don't see how you can do so great against volcanion deck
especialy now when they use also ho-oh gx
kiawe powers it up in 1 turn and then ho-oh or turtonator can easily kill your Salazzle (with help of steam ups or/and choice band)
This actually happened. Queen's Haze left the deck scrapping and clawing to set up again while I had very little to do to set up. Turt can definitely be a problem. Winning against this deck DOES require a bit of luck on your end(Opponent has no field blowers, bad start etc.) and it definitely tests you as a player but there were times where this deck just cripples it with Queen's Haze and Garbotoxin. It's a fun deck and can take down some of the tier 1 decks.

*Updated deck list!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 4 Salandit GRI 15
* 4 Salazzle-GX BUS 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Trubbish GRI 50
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

##Energy - 12

* 8 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 4 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This thread has been moved to the Deck Garage because it is discussing a particular decklist rather than an archetype. If you have any questions please ask me or any of the Forum Staff.

Back