News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

EdGeorge92

Aspiring Trainer
An interesting attack purely because I certainly can't think of any that previously increase your opponent's attack the following turn...

Is there ever a time you'd want to do that? I doubt it.

garnetto

Aspiring Trainer
An interesting attack purely because I certainly can't think of any that previously increase your opponent's attack the following turn...

Is there ever a time you'd want to do that? I doubt it.
There have been one or 2 but usually that is an op attack. I think there was a talonflame that did 150 for 1 or 2 energy then if it got hit next turn the attack was +60. But that was a cost. This feels like the point is to increase opponents attack...

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
There have been one or 2 but usually that is an op attack. I think there was a talonflame that did 150 for 1 or 2 energy then if it got hit next turn the attack was +60. But that was a cost. This feels like the point is to increase opponents attack...

3 energy, does 120, takes 40 more next turn. Phantom Forces Talonflame.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
I'm still kind of new to the ptcg (or maybe not, i started playing when breakthrough was coming out so idk). Was there ever a good primeape card? Not like tournament winning or something like that, but at least decent.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Perhaps there will be some kind of trainer incoming to exploit this somehow.. Or perhaps an ultra beast attack that does more damage per prize cards taken so you could set up for opponent to force take a few primeapes off the bench then left with an eg 300+ attack without further discard cost etc??

Still be a risk I'd say though be a complete edge of your seat deck to play lol

Ps on reflection I think it's more of a penalty having 90 damage with only 2 energy - I mean you could easily be hitting this turn 2 so it's more of a terrible punishment I think..

Pokemaster26

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I would be suprised if it doesn't eventually get played. I doubt it would be made that bad if there wasn't a point

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
I would be suprised if it doesn't eventually get played. I doubt it would be made that bad if there wasn't a point

The point is that some primape fanboy sees this card and its attack and thinks "That has potential !" Then he starts building a primape deck and loves it even though it's not meta.

Most cards are specifically designed to appeal to noncompetitive players

Marowakdude

Aspiring Trainer
What were on earth are the gx cards going to be first we could have got Alolan marowak gx second that primape could have been our gx cads

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
The translation is probably correct. A *similar *mechanic of your opponent doing more damage to you during their next turn was seen in XY Phantom Forces Talonflame - it was restricted to Talonflame only though.
433px-TalonflamePhantomForces10.jpg