• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Ninja Box: Sun & Moon Anti-Meta Deck

Seismitoad as never been a problem to my experience. He does not take OHKO and as soon as you have enough dmg and energy, you use Ninja Boy for Tauros, Machamp or Leafeon.

You hope that you can attach at least enough energy so that you can OHKO him or get Jolteon out.

If you play second, you can play Drampa to discard his energy so that he cannot attack.

If you play first, you can either go Machamp, Tauros or Jolteon.

If all elese fail you can hope for lysandre and get out of energy block.

There is so much flexibility to this deck that you can play it every way you desire depending what you want to face.

For exemple, having Magearna-Ex will help when facing decks like Drampa or Sylveon.

Matchup against Sylveon-Gx is a bit tricky and harder to execute with only 1x Magearna. The best way to play it is to make Electrike your main attacker if you play first. Electrikes ancient trait prevents Sylveon's energy denial (Hammers and Team flare) and his attack as a chance to paralyze which could potentially block draw power from Magical Ribbon. Then you use Ninja Boy second turn and get Magearna out for OHKO.

Playing against Drampa would not be possible with this deck if it was not for the fact that Prism and Rainbow energy grants you immunity (trough Magearna). This prevents your special energy from being discarted. The inclusion of Electrike and Magearna is to ensure energy preservation since the deck would suffer from it too much without them.

Taking into account the SM3 release, there are 3 pokemons the Ninja Boy deck can bank on to improve or adapt:

Marshadow Gx: Strong fighting type and can use the ability of every basic which translate into big output considering this deck.

Hoopa: Talent makes him invulnerable against Ex and Gx. I think that Hex maniac might gain more popularity on the other hand.

Shinning Mew: Trading off this little guy for 2x special energy attachment, yes sir. The most difficult weakness type to possess with this deck is Grass (usually Tapu Bulu or Leafeon) and Fire (Promo Entei, Tortunator Gx) since those attacker need 3 turn energy attachment to hit the numbers for OHKO. Shining Mew allows you to setup OHKO with Grass or fire type in two turns and that can be bad ass.

Too thin of supporter lines. Consider playing 2-3 Sycamore. Also, you are playing 1 of many Pokemon. Consider playing a Rotom Dex and using Mallow so that you can get new prizes if something you need was prized.

Too thin of supporter lines. Consider playing 2-3 Sycamore.

I get what you are saying but the draw supporters come in many form in this deck (Big Wheel, Unown, Shaymins, Lillie,...). I tried adding and removing draw supporters from time to time but it did not serve me well to place too many of these. Turn 1 you want to use a draw supporter and thats Lillie. Turn 2, unlike most other decks, you do not want a draw supporter, you want a Ninja Boy "most of the time". This is why Sycamore and such are not suited well. You need draw support that does not interfere with the use of Ninja Boy.

This deck is pretty consistent as it is without more draw supporters. I am not saying you cannot include a few more but do not forget that Ninja Boy is the one you want. The liability of a Shaymin is if it stands there on the bench waiting to be sniped. In the case of this deck, i solved that issue using Stadium combination and Ninja Boy into Unown, thus removing the 2 easy prizes when needed.

Also, you are playing 1 of many Pokemon. Consider playing a Rotom Dex and using Mallow so that you can get new prizes if something you need was prized.

It sucks when the pokemon you need is in the discard pile of course but there are some good alternative attackers against many decks. I tried including Rotom Dex and i might not have given him a chance to shine as he seems to be a good compliment to the deck and could win games. I also tried Mallow with the help of Unown. You can search for 2 cards you need and grab them the same turn but as i mentionned before this interferes with Ninja Boy.

Since there is a lot of good decks in this meta relying on abilities (ex.Vikavolt/Metagross), I tweaked the deck a bit to include a 2-2 Garbodor line. Gives a nice prize trade and you do not want to play Garbotoxin too early to hurt yourself but it gives an interesting option.

Not to forget that prism energy does not work for Garbodor. I forgot a couple times when i first started playing it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 1 Machamp-EX AOR 90
* 1 Leafeon-EX GEN 10
* 1 Electrike PRC 60
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 1 Giratina PR-XY XY184
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 1 Garbodor GRI 51
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57
* 1 Unown AOR 30
* 1 Glaceon-EX FAC 20

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Fairy Garden FAC 100
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177
* 4 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104

##Energy - 12

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Prism Energy NXD 93
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Back