Finished Reggie's Racing Cup Season 4 Race 10 (No Video due to Glitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's upgrades are in.

@NinjaPenguin I like your point, I think a way of fixing this could be reducing the gap between point and money values per race. Maybe the winner gets 15k, 2nd gets 14k, 3rd gets 13k, 4th-5th get 12k, 6th-10th get 11k, 11th-15th get 10k, and so on. So there is still a larger reward for winning but it's not too big of a gap.

I made this spreadsheet that is kinda a concept for how the financial system will work. This is using the previous points system I mentioned, which is subject to change. So before the preseason everyone starts with 100k and chooses to spend that how they please, which is the money they have headed into the first race (after the preseason). At race 1 they finish a certain position which designates them a certain amount of money, which they spend after race 1 and before race 2 on upgrades (or save), and repeat.

Ptf2gqI.png

@GekkisaiDaiNi @GM DracLord I think I am going to do a staggered rollout with this. Season 5 will see finances, the new points system, and a reworked signup. However, with the two car system I think we will only let past champions or people who have been around since RRC season 1 (I think this list would just be GM Draclord, bbninjas, Celever, and Steffenka) have the 2 car option, with the ability to have another team rent that second car should the original owner not want to use that second car.

Finances will help shake up the game by adding extra realism and more user interaction with the game. As fun as the series is now, just entering an upgrade, watching a race, and repeating does get a bit boring after a while, and although there is some strategy involved it's more luck based than anything with the current format. I am really excited to see some form of finances take effect next year. And if it seems intimidating, I am always here to help with questions. Plus, I feel like I know enough about google sheets to be able to keep a good record of everyone's finances and upgrades, and if I could get help from others maintaining that sheet it could be an easy to use and quickly updated datasheet that would make everything simple but effective.

I really like your concept. Because im a nerd for such things. And i have a great Idea for a second car but it's more of a "fun" Idea and i don't want to retire the 79 because it's so great :3. I actually wanna do 3 Cars so I can have Wingull, Pelipper and my third idea. But I'm also very greedy ^^.
I would suggest that everyone CAN have 2 Cars. So we can fill up the grid. But if we actually get more than 20 Signups the people who are Rookies don't get a second car (makes sense because if you are new into a race league you won't have enough money probably)
(Also atleast 2 Cars per User can make a Team championship make sense)

I like the finances but you probably wanna keep it a bit simple. I agree there. I don't dislike the System we have this season but yeah. I don't mind making it atleast a bit more komplex.

Also i want to Update Reliability

AND NOW. FUNFACTS!

Spreadsheet

-We have a super tense fight for the Regular Season Champion (who will, don't forget go directly into Playoff 2)
Techincally the Top 9 drivers could still win the Championship. And only 5 out of those have won a race so far
-A streak died today. the 79 of mirdo didn't start inside of the top 3 for the first time this season. But he also took the lead in the championship for the first time in this season.
-The last safe spot for Playoff 1 for none winners will be decided in between 17 Athena, 8 GM Drac, 86 Steff and 42 DoS. Lil Cherrim, Jade and Gekkisai can not make it with it's points anymore. They gotta win the last race or win the Last Chance Race. There are going to be 5 or 6 Cars in this last chance race.
-Also Rainy and NP are qualified for P1 already.
-#36 of Celever is the worst car points wise that also won a race so far.
-We have 8 diffrent race winners but only 5 diffrent pole position holders.
-Drivers in Teams have 261 Points. The rest have 250.
We will possibly have a much bigger section of these at the end of the season.

Let's go with Reliability. Also, jsyk Reggie, I'm probably not going to be playing the next cup. :p

Last edited:
Sadly, the video won't upload, I think it's something wrong with the file and I don't have much time to re-do the race and start over, so I'll just post the results. I really didn't want the regular season to end this way but I am on vacation right now so time is limited and I don't want to delay this any further.
F S # DRIVER INTERVAL LAPS LED STATUS
1 3 17 Athena 113.779 22 7 Running
2 2 08 bbninjas -0.24 22 0 Running
3 12 86 Steffenka -0.35 22 2 Running
4 15 42 doubleosquirtle -0.81 22 2 Running
5 10 78 Tails -6.57 22 0 Running
6 16 99 Little Cherrim -6.67 22 1 Running
7 1 8 GM Draclord -25.08 22 0 Running
8 9 28 jade -48.85 22 0 Running
9 14 64 Pikamasterjesi -49.58 22 9* Running
10 4 22 NinjaPenguin -51.73 22 0 Running
11 6 14 Epist -1L 21 0 Running
12 17 97 rainyman123 -3L 19 1 Running
13 13 36 Celever -10L 12 0 Accident
14 11 44 GekkisaiDaiNi -10L 12 0 Retired
15 5 37 Lord O Da Rings -10L 12 0 Engine
16 8 48 Blakers -10L 12 0 Accident
17 7 79 Mirdo -19L 3 0 Accident

Congrats to @Athena on the big win, and I believe that @Tails has unofficially won the regular season championship with 42 points while @bbninjas barely finishes in 2nd with 41 points. This gives @Tails the first round bye from the playoffs. However I'll leave it up to @mirdo to do the calculations and give the announcements of our regular season winner along with the three best winless drivers who qualified in the playoffs based on points.

All those wrecks look very exciting; too bad we can't see all of them in action.
I'll upgrade Pit Crew.

All those wrecks look very exciting; too bad we can't see all of them in action.
I'll upgrade Pit Crew.

I did some looking into it and the video file is fine its just the editing software freezes while rendering. I might uninstall and reinstall and see if that does the trick.

Since I get the first round bye; should I still input an upgrade? Or, should I wait until the next race?

Also; happy to take the regular season championship; hope to sweep and take the entire Season Championship.

Hey Reggie, my next few weeks are INSANELY busy and I wont be able to get on Pokebeach at all for a loong time, so I think im going to have to drop out of this season. Thanks for making the game though, and I'll be sure to sign up for the next season :)

Since I get the first round bye; should I still input an upgrade? Or, should I wait until the next race?

Also; happy to take the regular season championship; hope to sweep and take the entire Season Championship.

Yes, you get an upgrade now. This is the last time to submit your upgrades, so submit them now.

Also, history is in your favor. Regular season champs are 1-0 at sweeping in the playoffs (the playoffs started in RRC 3) :p

Alright. You might heard that i was on a class trip until recently.
But now I'm back to give you the Regular Season standings:

upload_2017-7-21_19-52-31.png
These are the standings before the last race.

Let's start at the botttom and fill up the respective Play-Off Races.

Last Place in our ranking is GekkisaiDaiNi, despite catching up quite a lot in the rankings and even passing the last place torch for a few races he couldn't quite make up for the two races he missed in the beginning. He will be the first to join the last chance race. He got 20 Points. His best finish was a 3rd Place at the "Texas Massacre"

One above of that is Jade. She wreck'd twice this season and ,chances are, if there was a caution she managed to get caught in it SOMEHOW. If you asked me the 28 Car had a lot of bad luck. Highlights include a 4th place at Michigan and starting second in Dover. She got very close to get rid of that number 16 spot. She finished with 25.
#AddAnOwl (Thats a joke out of Discord i forced everyones throat yesterday)

This next one is surprising to me. The 99 of Lil Cherrim came second in the first race. The world was it's oyster at that point i thought. But a lot of bad luck and a whooping 4! retirements made it really hard to come to similar accomplishments. A good finish at the last race meant he could edge out the 15th place by 1 Point. He finishes with 26. SPEAKING OF GOOD EARLY RESULTS

Let's address the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. Shall we?
Cel won the second race in california out of seemingly no where and put everyone on notice that you have to have the current champion on you ballot. But after that. Silence. He only came higher than top 10 once after that with a 6th in Martinsville. 27 Points mean 14th place for him. Despite that he is still set in the first Playoff. While we at it.

Only 2 Points above that (with 29) we have Lorde. The 37 won Michigan but couldn't quite come close to that a second time. At least a 7th, 6th and 8th Place finish here and there secured some points here and there. Only finishing 1 out of the last 4 races hurt it's standing massivly. But At least Lorde punched in her ticket early and still has a chance to win the big one. Finished with 29 on 13.

And we have our first tie! Out of nowhere Epist came and be like "Playoffs? Sure i have time" and won Bristol out of thin air. This car was on the very bottom of the standings for the entire time before that. Best finish was a 6th in Dover before that win. Turns out Elektrosses (Elektri?, Elektross'?) like to play in the dirt.
Finished with 29. Usually when there is a tie i decide who get's the higher spot by looking who had the single higher result. But they both had a win. So i looked down further. Both had a 6th, Both had 1 7th, Both had 1 8th, BUT finally i found that Epist had a 9th and the next best for Lorde was a 11th. So epist got the nod for 12

I said there was a chance. I included this car in the cars that had a chance to make it to P1 through the best without winning one. The chance was slim but dayum did the 42 deliver. Double o squirtle put in a statement. That 4th place secured 5 more points but still. Sadly that wasn't enough. The car came 4th before in Dover and also had a 3rd in Martinsville. But also 2 Wrecks made it hard to stick around higher on the grid. And sadly it wasn't enough to make it to the P1. But the smoll Ghost is definitly a force to be reckoned with in the last chance race. And is also the second to last car to fill the last chance race. 31 Points, 11th place.

Now things get interessting.
It's the last spot for P1.
The last 3 Cars in contention were Drac, Steff and Athena. Athena won the last race and punched a ticket that way. Drac had a 3 Point lead on Steff. So things looked grim for the Passimian car which had a super strong showing in the first 3 races. Even taking the lead in standings for a race. But then the 86 decided to drop massivly.
So. Then, again, i included him in my "They still have chances" sentence. I knew those were slim. But they were there. And all of the sudden. BOOM. 3rd in the last race. Fighting since he started from 12th. A whole 6 Points to catch up to Drac. What would Drac do? He started on Pole again. And he drove it save. and came 7th. Aka got 4 Points. Which means Drac takes the last spot in P1 by 1 Point. If he came just one place behind that he would've been tied with Steff. And lost the direct comparrision.
Speak of a heart breaking finale... There still is the last chance race. 10th Place for Steff. 34 Points.

Speaking of ties. Same ammount of points go to Blakers. The car that made it to the finale last season (if i remember right) Has a bit of a tragic story. He came in pole a whooping 3 times but couldn't do anything with that for the first few races. But the 48 catched itself with coming 6th, 5th, 9th, 4th, 8th starting at the 4th race and then crowing it self with a win at Infineon. So except the Firebird to make a deep dive in P1. 34 Points 9th Place.

Now we come to the driver to just edge out his place in the P1. GM Drac. He also started on Pole 3 times now and his Pole in this race certainly helped him to keep those important points to keep the Playoff Spot. If Athena didn't win the last race he would've probably be out. But a very strong season aided him the way. He didn't came lower than 9th until the 5th Race but took a small dive for 3 Race then before recovering into the higher midfield for the last 3 Races. Let's see how much of an impact the Flygon car will have in P1. 35 Points. 8th Place.

PikamasterJesi was an interessting case this whole season. Was on top of the leaderboard for quite a bit despite not winning. She stood on the podium a whole 4 times this season. Once 3rd. Twice second and won once.
But Jesi also had a case of "Celever Syndrome". As soon as the 64 won a race and secured the spot in P1 it droped in performance. coming 16th,12th and 15th after the win at Watkins Glen and netted 2 9ths to round up the Season. Let's see if we get Early Season Jesi or Late Season Jesi in the Playoffs. 38 Points. 7th

Now things get interessting. Because the Top 6 Cars all had a pretty good chance at winning the Championship. Only 3 Points between those cars.

And we have a Three Way Tie already.
Lowest of those? Ninja Penguin. We knew already that he and the next entry couldn't be catched. He will go to P1 if you like it or not. But despite not winning a single Race there still was quite the chance to take the big one for the only Ultra Beast in the Tournament. The 22 was a car that kinda flew under the radar. It made consistent points and made it up the ranks that way. It was the second car (behind yours truly) to max out Qualifing and the first and only so far to max out two stats. Neglecting the other two somehow didn't hurt him one bit. And i would say 39 Points and a 6th is pretty respectable for not winning a race.

Speaking off not winning a race.
For me it was just a matter of time till Rainy finally gets the big W.
But he didn't. Very high in the standings a lot but just that one bit wasn't there. It's only car of Fairy Racing to not win a Race. But hey. He made it into P1 regardless and pretty convincing aswell. A second, A third, two forth and some more in the top 10 speak for them selfs. There really wasn't any doubt that this car will make it in. One way or another.
39. 5th.

Oh dear. What could've been.
Interessting car this. 2 Poles. The first to win from Pole. Started in Top 3 8/10 Times. Never came lower than 9th. Just until the last. Deciding race. Sadly the Pointleader before the last race had the worst race of it's career. Retiring on Lap 3 already. That meant that the Top 10 Streak was done for in the last race.
But still. The 79 was by far the best Rookie of the season and also the best driver of his team. This gull is out for redemption on P1. Thats for sure.
He droped to 4th. 39 Points

I need to stop giving people Ideas...
I said TECHNICALLY the top 9 Drivers COULD still win the season. Not that you should actually try to do it. Athena got super close with this win. Sky rocketing from 8 up to 3rd. The 17 would've probably make it to P1 anyway with it's points alone but the Mimikyu car decided that it's not gonna take chances and took the very last winners spot.
A car that also flew under the Radar quite a bit but which usually was quite high in the standings a lot. With it usually hugging the 5th place. Which it got 3 times. To that comes a 3rd and now a first. Also one of the 3 Drivers to join to 40+ Club. 40 Points. 3rd Place

Alright we going down to the wire.
Last two cars are the 08 of Bbninjas and the 78 of Tails.
Tails already having 2 Wins in the bag probably felt pretty comfortable. Mirdo went out early, Rainy and NP were sitting behind it.
But BB didn't let him rest easy. He had at least 2 Points to to make up. And BOY HOWDY did he try. Starting second he was on the Tail of Athena constantly. Keeping his 2nd for the end of the race. Only 0.24 behind first. So close. But he did his part. 6 Points in the bank. up to 41 Points. All he had to hope for was Tails getting 6th atleast to force a tie.
Which could've either been resolved in my method (which would've seen Tails as the winner due to 2 Wins) or maybe there would've been a compleatly diffrent solution?
Either way. Again the Time diffrence wasn't in BB's favor because Tails managed to CLING onto that 5th place by -0.1 seconds in front of Cherrim.
So your Regular Season winner and therefore going to P2 directly is Tails!
Congratiolations.

This means the Following:
This is our 5 Car roster for the Last Chance Race
upload_2017-7-22_1-50-47.png

This is our 12 Car roster for P1
upload_2017-7-22_1-56-43.png

(the Numbers are just for Counting purposes)

And Tails is currently the Only Car already qualified for the Final. He will be joined by the Top 3 Finishing Cars from P1.

If you want to check the standings. You can do so here

THIS sure was a thread alright. Im sorry for all the Spelling errors ^^.
See ya in P1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back