Help Rough Seas is Out! 2018 Season Rotation Troubles

HowlMonitor

Aspiring Trainer
As most of you know, the rotation for the 2018 Pokemon TCG Standard play has been announced and will be effective in September. I've been constructing an Alolan Ninetales deck where I was originally going to use Rough Seas, however, Primal Clash will no longer be a legal expansion for Standard play. I need some ideas for Trainer cards that might be useful to help me with this deck. Thanks a ton!

You could just put in Healing Items like Potion or whatever but that's not really worth it.
Pokémon Center Lady is still gonna be legal. But Girl is gonna be "interesting" without VS Seeker.
The best replacement for the Effect is probably the Manaphy thats gonna be in Shining Legends
upload_2017-7-16_13-42-4.png
If your just asking for a new stadium i would probably go for Brooklet Hill.
Maybe even Mount Lanakila which is gonna be in SM3. Because you mostly play Evolution. That card adds [C] retreat costs to basics.

You could just put in Healing Items like Potion or whatever but that's not really worth it.
Pokémon Center Lady is still gonna be legal. But Girl is gonna be "interesting" without VS Seeker.
The best replacement for the Effect is probably the Manaphy thats gonna be in Shining Legends
View attachment 13729
Maybe even Mount Lanakila which is gonna be in SM3. Because you mostly play Evolution. That card adds [C] retreat costs to basics.
What exactly is, "Shining Legends," and when does it come out?

Forgot about rough seas rotating. I play 4 in all my water decks. I guess depending on deck play and your strategy might affect what is needed. Brooklet Hill could be useful for getting out basics. With vulpix you somewhat have access to all your Pokemon (opposition N). I may opt for Pokemon center ladies and a couple of stadiums affecting other player (parallel city). In terms of healing potential not sure what do, max potions and aqua patch?

View attachment 13729
I have Manaphy EX from Breakpoint to help with free retreats. I'm quite pleased with it for my water type deck.

I've been playing Parallel City in my Ninetales GX deck. Reduces damage to water types by 20 (assuming that end is pointing towards you), and also limits your opponent's bench space too!

I've been playing Parallel City in my Ninetales GX deck. Reduces damage to water types by 20 (assuming that end is pointing towards you), and also limits your opponent's bench space too!
If the red side is facing you, it reduces the damage that your Water, Fire, and Grass Pokemon do; it doesn't reduce the damage they take. The only use for Parallel City in Ninetales decks is getting rid of benched Leles that you don't plan on attacking with by having the blue side point to you.

It's not "To Water Pokemon", it's "By Water Pokemon".

Lana could help, but it is limited to only Pokémon with a water energy attached to them. Plus that's your Supporter for the turn. Unfortunately we're not really getting anything that comes close to Rough Seas. Brooklet Hill would be my option, but I wouldn't run more than two since you have Vulpix's Beacon.

Playing in prerelease yesterday and with the small energy cost (1doublecolorkess) of sniping I now think Acerola could be ideal for Ninetales.

Back