• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation - Gardevoir GX

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Okay. I'm buckling down and I am in the process of acquiring some Leles. I want to go competitive after the rotation and I can't get budget ideas to work. So I'm shooting for what will actually work (smart idea!). But this is the first time in a very long time that I'm building WITH the meta and not running something off the wall.

I'm liking the functionality of Gardevoir GX and I really want to work with that. I've looked up a bunch of lists and I'm gravitating more towards the Octillery version, but not using Diancie or Alolan Vulpix and instead opting for more Tapu Lele. Amongst other changes.

Here's what I got:

Pokemon - 18
  • 4 - Tapu Lele GX
  • 4 - Ralts
  • 2 - Kirlia
  • 3 - Gardevoir GX
  • 1 - Gallade BKT
  • 2 - Remoraid
  • 2 - Octillery

Trainers - 30
  • 4 - Professor Sycamore
  • 4 - N
  • 3 - Guzma
  • 1 - Brigette
  • 1 - Delinquent
  • 4 - Ultra Ball
  • 4 - Rare
  • 3 - Choice Band
  • 3 - Max Potion
  • 2 - Field Blower
  • 1 - Resuce Stretcher

Energy - 12

• 8 - Fairy Energy
  • 4 - DCE

I'm trying to adjust up the trainer lines a bit. I'm a bit torn between the Delinquent or add in a 3rd Field Blower. On one hand, Delinquent is a searchable answer for a problematic Stadium and punishes their hand, but loses the option of tool removal. I'm not sure what would be the better call.

Outside of that, I'm running Max Potion instead of Fairy Garden (probably better if I used both...or used Acerola instead of Max Potion).

I'm trying to read up on as much as I can for the upcoming meta. Is there anything I'm missing?

This thread has been moved to the Deck Garage because the OP is looking for feedback on a completed decklist. If you have any questions, please consult me or any of the Forum Staff.

4 Leles! Wow! Unless you already have them, 4 are not necessary. I would prefer 3 to make room for a Special Charge: you do not want to lose your DCEs to Drampa.

I don't really understand Max Potion in this deck: you want to conserve your energy and keep them for as long as possible. They are also Garbodor food. If you really want healing in this deck, use 1 or 2 Pokémon Center Lady, and then a Brock's Grit for recovery.

Other than that, the list looks pretty solid. I too prefer the Octillery version of this deck to Diancie.

Back