TCG Fakes Edwin's Fake Thread (Image Based)

I saw Armaldo on the list and had to make it.
(thanks for the correct wording @TheNyanCatXD)

[STAGE1] Armaldo GX HP210 [F]
Evolves from Anorith

[ABILITY] Ancient Plating
This Pokémon takes 10 less damage from attacks for each Restored Pokémon on your Bench (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][F][C] Final Swipe 40+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Prize card each player has taken.

[F] Restorative Claw GX 10
Search your deck for as many Restored Pokémon as you like and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Here i go with a new card, this time a HR rarity!!
Thanks for the build man!

armaldo_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbf4wcm.gif

At this step i can make my own set of card only with GX and full art cards xD
hope you like it!! :)

Staring at those animated holosheets for a while made me realise they just seem to be sliding along somewhat unnaturally, and that effect is probably caused by the holosheet moving at the same rate for the entire gif. You could perhaps try making the holosheet slow down, speed up, (etc) at different accelerations, so that it looks less 'smooth' and more realistic? I think the other element causing the more artifical effect would be that you can sorta watch the more 'holo-y' parts slide along a straight line without increasing or decreasing in intensity. I'd imagine the holo would look very cool if you could make it so that each individual rainbow 'strip' differed in intensity as it slid across the card.

Staring at those animated holosheets for a while made me realise they just seem to be sliding along somewhat unnaturally, and that effect is probably caused by the holosheet moving at the same rate for the entire gif. You could perhaps try making the holosheet slow down, speed up, (etc) at different accelerations, so that it looks less 'smooth' and more realistic? I think the other element causing the more artifical effect would be that you can sorta watch the more 'holo-y' parts slide along a straight line without increasing or decreasing in intensity. I'd imagine the holo would look very cool if you could make it so that each individual rainbow 'strip' differed in intensity as it slid across the card.

This man!! Is a very very nice idea, i dont think on it before, i will try to give some diferents oppacitys to every frame and looks the results, maybe this is the way, garchomp will be my card test! Thanks again BB, and thanks to everyone, im really glad that all of you can help me to get better at faking :)

@Edwin Santander these cards are very impressive. I love that you're experimenting with ways to make your cards a bit different - they certainly look pretty!

Just to add to what @bbninjas wrote; it's a bit jarring that the animated holosheet slides along a template that already has a static holosheet overlaid. I would be interested to see the outcome if you were to remove the static sheen from the template, then implement the animation.

Speaking of your template - there are a few things on there that don't sit quite right.
  • In a lot of areas there is an overuse of Bevel & Emboss (for example, the GX symbol next to a Pokémon's name should not have a 3D effect).
  • This, in turn, creates patches of shadow on the card that simply aren't there on real cards.
  • Funnily enough, the only place where you should be adding a slight Bevel effect is the place where you've left it off! The Pokémon in the 'Previous Stage' box (in this case Lampent) is always 3D for Sun & Moon era cards and has a black stroke.
  • The 'Previous Stage' box should not be covered by the card's background. I can see a few fire-like orange-red splodges creeping over the box and Lampent.
It's these finer details that, if corrected, would really make your cards seem more real.

Apart from the obvious aesthetic appeal of your cards, I would like to also commend you on your increasingly good usage of holosheets. I've noticed that in your last few creations, you've improved the 'poke-through' such that the holosheet now shines through the areas on the card that it's meant to (such as the GX symbol in the Pokémon's name, the blue GX attack bar and features on the artwork such as the Pokémon's eyes).

Great work!

@Edwin Santander these cards are very impressive. I love that you're experimenting with ways to make your cards a bit different - they certainly look pretty!

Just to add to what @bbninjas wrote; it's a bit jarring that the animated holosheet slides along a template that already has a static holosheet overlaid. I would be interested to see the outcome if you were to remove the static sheen from the template, then implement the animation.

Speaking of your template - there are a few things on there that don't sit quite right.
  • In a lot of areas there is an overuse of Bevel & Emboss (for example, the GX symbol next to a Pokémon's name should not have a 3D effect).
  • This, in turn, creates patches of shadow on the card that simply aren't there on real cards.
  • Funnily enough, the only place where you should be adding a slight Bevel effect is the place where you've left it off! The Pokémon in the 'Previous Stage' box (in this case Lampent) is always 3D for Sun & Moon era cards and has a black stroke.
  • The 'Previous Stage' box should not be covered by the card's background. I can see a few fire-like orange-red splodges creeping over the box and Lampent.
It's these finer details that, if corrected, would really make your cards seem more real.

Apart from the obvious aesthetic appeal of your cards, I would like to also commend you on your increasingly good usage of holosheets. I've noticed that in your last few creations, you've improved the 'poke-through' such that the holosheet now shines through the areas on the card that it's meant to (such as the GX symbol in the Pokémon's name, the blue GX attack bar and features on the artwork such as the Pokémon's eyes).

Great work!
Thanks man!! Quite happy that you point so few errors con my templates, but i dont understand 1 point

"Funnily enough, the only place where you should be adding a slight Bevel effect is the place where you've left it off! The Pokémon in the 'Previous Stage' box (in this case Lampent) is always 3D for Sun & Moon era cards and has a black stroke"

I dont understand this, can you explain more detailed, looking cards in high definition i cant see a bevel in that text.. If you can point or show me a picture will be ver y useful, and again thanks for all your comments!

[QUOTE="Edwin Santander, post: 2882142, member: 123837"I dont understand this, can you explain more detailed, looking cards in high definition i cant see a bevel in that text.. If you can point or show me a picture will be ver y useful, and again thanks for all your comments![/QUOTE]

Sure.

The Bevel is not in the text but on the Pokémon itself. Taking Lurantis as a random example, you'll see that the image of Fomantis is a tiny bit 3D and has a black outline.

Hi to everyone, im edwin, and i am a fake card maker, im sharing this way all my cards, you can see them on deviantart too and you can watch me if you want, hope you like my work and have nice day!

armaldo_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbf4wcm.gif
chandelure_gx_ra__animated__by_edwinsantander59-dbf0hs6.gif
dragonite_gx_ra__animated_foiled__by_edwinsantander59-dbeqyg0.gif
fun_magikarp_full_art_by_edwinsantander59-dbec3bk.png
bond_greninja__ash_greninja__gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbe50u6.png
skarmory_gx_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbdr8tk.png
scizor_by_edwinsantander59-dbdp48r.png
charizard_gx_updated_by_edwinsantander59-dbdecrs.png
glaceon_gx_rainbow_rare_by_edwinsantander59-dbdb3g9.png
glaceon_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbdb2zq.png
charizard_gx__by_edwinsantander59-dbd65a1.png
arceus_gx_rainbow_rare_by_edwinsantander59-dbd44jm.png
arceus_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbd25s3.png
mimikyu_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbcydvw.png
mgallade_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbckuqe.png
gallade_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbckufq.png
raichu_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbc5gcj.png
regirock_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbc93r8.png
primeape_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbch1f8.png
gx_fa_card_by_edwinsantander59-dbbw7ys.png
absol_golden_rare_by_edwinsantander59-dbbfmyr.png

crobat_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbbyrfz.png
arcanine_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbc8l3o.png
dragonite_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbbyrlj.png
heliolisk_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbbvng3.png
pokemon_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbbmpkq.png

fairy_energy_by_edwinsantander59-dbcycil.png
darkness_energy_fa_by_edwinsantander59-dbcs9pr.png

looker_fa_by_edwinsantander59-dbcbydp.png
master_ball__by_edwinsantander59-dbbdjej.png

Thanks to everyone who contributed with the art (I already thanked them on my deviantart)
Thanks to nintendo and gamefreak for the art and pokémons itself
Thanks to deviantart community (POKEMON CARD RESOURCE) for the inspiration to make my own cards and the help with his templates which led me to create my own templates..
Thanks to everyone who leave me a comment letting me know that they like my cards
Sorry for the bad english too :'v

hope you like it!
Dude I love all of your custom cards. I really wish they were real because you deserve to work for the PTCG Company. My favorite one of all was the Chandelure GX because Chandelure is my #1 Favorite Pokémon of all time.

Dude I love all of your custom cards I really wish they were real because you deserve to work for the PTCG Company my favorite one of all was the Chandelure Gx because Chandelure is my #1 Favorite Pokémon of all time
Thanks man! And hopefully can work with tpc, i think is the dream of everyone in this community xd, but this work is not only mine, jade, thenyancat, bb, reggie, ninja, lord of da rings, gekki and some other wo help me through my travel un fakin, but is a nice wish for me, very glad that you like my work :)

dont work changes the density of every frame, this way i get a flickering animation and is really annoying to see, y will try to speed up the animation in some frames.. i will experiment and then i will post the garchomp :)

EDIT: Here i go with another try, i realized maybe i cant get that real foil effect with photoshop. maybe in the future i will try to improve that, but at this moment i will work like this

garchom_gx_final_by_edwinsantander59-dbf90gp.gif

Hope you like it!

@Edwin Santander
I've got a cool sounding Porygon-Z GX. Check it out.

Porygon-Z - GX HP 230 [C]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Porygon2

[Ability] Maximum Overdrive
If this Pokemon has 2 or more [L] Energy attached to it, this Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage to the defending Pokemon. (Before Weakness and Resistance)

[C][C][C] Uncontrolled Spasm 120
Take 2 cards from your discard pile and put 1 on top of your deck. Put the other card on the bottom of your deck.

[C][C][C][C] Laser Disruption GX
Your opponent shuffles his or her hand into their deck and draws 1 card. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

Hope you like it~

today dont uploading cards, trying to draw something by me, this is my first drawing using paint tool sai, maybe is not the best, but taking in consideration that was drawed with a touchpad of my laptop, is a good art xD

mew_by_edwinsantander59-dbfc7or.png

Got another one!

Tsareena GX HP: 210 - Grass
Stage 2 - Evolves from Steenee
tsareena.png

[G] Aromatherapy
Your attack next turn does 40 more damage.

[G][C] Loyalists 40+
This attack does 40 more damage for each Bounsweet and Steenee on your bench.

[G][C]
Royal Resources GX
Search your deck for up to 8 Energy cards and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [R] x 2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

When I saw the Chandelure GX card you made, I knew I had to see what could be done with Tsareena, since it's one of my favorite Gen VII Pokémon! :)

@Edwin Santander
I've got a cool sounding Porygon-Z GX. Check it out.

Porygon-Z - GX HP 230 [C]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Porygon2

[Ability] Maximum Overdrive
If this Pokemon has 2 or more [L] Energy attached to it, this Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage to the defending Pokemon. (Before Weakness and Resistance)

[C][C][C] Uncontrolled Spasm 120
Take 2 cards from your discard pile and put 1 on top of your deck. Put the other card on the bottom of your deck.

[C][C][C][C] Laser Disruption GX
Your opponent shuffles his or her hand into their deck and draws 1 card. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

Hope you like it~

Hope you dont get mad, but i change a little the concept, mainly changin to porygon2 because, look this art, i really like that art, that's why i choose porygon2 instead of porygonZ, anyway, hope you like it :)

porygon2_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbfgh68.gif

Great work Edwin, you've come a long way! I'd like to see you do Regigigas GX again with the new holofoil techniques and improvements you've made.

Hope you dont get mad, but i change a little the concept, mainly changin to porygon2 because, look this art, i really like that art, that's why i choose porygon2 instead of porygonZ, anyway, hope you like it :)

porygon2_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbfgh68.gif
I'm not mad at all! This looks beautiful! And yeah, that's some pretty good art of my favourite digital duck! Keep up the great work!

Got another one!

Tsareena GX HP: 210 - Grass
Stage 2 - Evolves from Steenee
tsareena.png

[G] Aromatherapy
Your attack next turn does 40 more damage.

[G][C] Loyalists 40+
This attack does 40 more damage for each Bounsweet and Steenee on your bench.

[G][C]
Royal Resources GX
Search your deck for up to 8 Energy cards and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [R] x 2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

When I saw the Chandelure GX card you made, I knew I had to see what could be done with Tsareena, since it's one of my favorite Gen VII Pokémon! :)

Here i go with Tsareena GX experiment :)

tsareena_gx_ra__animated__by_edwinsantander59-dbfkuyo.gif

Hope you like it :)

Dude these are some pretty cool cards you have here, loving the falling leaves in Tsareena-GX's animation!

remaking one of my most favorite card :)

mimikyu_gx_ra__animated__by_edwinsantander59-dbgiozh.gif

PD: my name is 8th gen of consoles (only remaking things xD)

Well, back to college, now I will have very little time to be as active as before, so I am thinking of doing a mini set, with 60~ basic cards (pokémon), 7 GX cards (with their respective versions FA and HR) , 4 supporters (with 2 hyper rare), 3 items, and with all the energies and some new ones in their HR versions, and 2 stadiums, 2 coins.

maybe this will be the list

-BASIC CARDS-

-Aipom
-Ambipom
-Farfetch'd
-Skitty
-Delcatty
-Carnivine
-Petilil
-Lilligant
-Cottonee
-Whimisicott
-Lileep
-Cradily
-Larvitar
-Pupitar
-Tyranitar
-Purrloin
-Liepard
-Vullaby
-Mandibuzz
-Sableye
-Psyduck
-Golduck
-Sneasel
-Weavile
-Luvdisc
-Buizel
-Floatzel
-Pyukumuku
-Torkoal
-Ponyta
-Rapidash
-Darumaka
-Darmanitan
-Bronzor
-Brozong
-Klefki
-Drillbur
-Excadrill
-Mimikyu
-Snubbull
-Granbull
-Comfey
-Dedenne
-Mareep
-Flaaffy
-Ampharos
-Pachirisu
-Eletrike
-Manectric
-Misdreavus
-Mismagius
-Gastly
-Haunter
-Gengar
-Wobbuffet
-Deoxys

-GX CARDS-
-Gengar GX
-Mismagius GX
-Darmanitan GX
-Weavile GX
-Farfetch'd GX
-Pachirisu GX
-Whimsicott GX

-SUPPORTERS-
-Courtney
-TBA
-TBA
-TBA

-ITEMS-
-TBA
-TBA
-TBA

-STADIUMS AND COINS-
-TBA

If you can help with anything will be good, you know, i dont know much about wording, but i will try my best!

Back