News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Gardevoir is in the Japanese version of Burning Shadows, so it's guaranteed to be in the English version. If you read the title of the Zoroark article carefully, Zoroark GX will be in SM3's expansion pack, not Burning Shadows itself.

Awesome, thanks :)

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
Mimikyu from S&M specifically states that it can't use GX attacks, so I believe this Zororark can.
I think the issue he is talking about is you are using your GX attack from using Zoraork's GX and so you can't use another one, like how Zoraork Break uses a GX attack it counts as your GX attack used

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Nice looking artwork, but not nearly as good as break evolution line. But thats a good thing since the old one was to op.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
If Breakthrough stays this will be beast in combination with the current Zoroark. If it doesn't, the Ability will be great considering draw power will be lessened with the rotation.

The attack is decent, I've used Raichu in the past and it can be painful to keep the damage consistently high with Parallel City and now Sudowoodo in the mix. The GX attack isn't bad at all.

WastedSkyPirate

Out of interest, why do all of the recent reveals have the "A" in the bottom right corner?

I thought that was the symbol for alternative artworks?

SuperHoopa

Aspiring Trainer
I see Zoroark here is imitating Sneasel from Base Set...

In my opinion, it's GX attack isn't worth it in expanded, because there are better cards that can mimic attacks like M Gengar and Mew EX, but if it's in standard format, I think it is indeed the only card that can mimic attacks in S/M TCG, other than little ol' Mimikyu.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer

In my opinion, it's GX attack isn't worth it in expanded, because there are better cards that can mimic attacks like M Gengar and Mew EX, but if it's in standard format, I think it is indeed the only card that can mimic attacks in S/M TCG, other than little ol' Mimikyu.

I still say that Expanded can make this thing a powerful force. 4 Lurantis, the Fire Effect Flareon, Sky Field and two more pokemon and you can KO anything in the game.
Out of interest, why do all of the recent reveals have the "A" in the bottom right corner?

I thought that was the symbol for alternative artworks?

The symbol for alternate art is different being a Yellow A in a black circle.

IIRC, Japanese cards use a different scheme to denote rarity from circles, diamonds and stars, And they likely use abbreviations instead of symbols for their sets a swell (the reason why people refer to this as SM3+) next to that A. I think the A might be a palceholder for the rarity

Derek2727

Aspiring Trainer
It's ability draw will be really valuable in the slower format. Then Think about this with non gx zoroark. Your opponent has to think not only about how many Pokémon they bench but also consider what benched Pokémon attacks they're making available to you with the gx attack lurking. An example I see when I play zoroark Break my strategy is to constantly have weak attack Pokémon in active so foul play is weak. Then retreat and kill.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I still say that Expanded can make this thing a powerful force. 4 Lurantis, the Fire Effect Flareon, Sky Field and two more pokemon and you can KO anything in the game.

The symbol for alternate art is different being a Yellow A in a black circle.

IIRC, Japanese cards use a different scheme to denote rarity from circles, diamonds and stars, And they likely use abbreviations instead of symbols for their sets a swell (the reason why people refer to this as SM3+) next to that A. I think the A might be a palceholder for the rarity
Nope actual JP cards from SM era have the A
The rarities in Japan are
C-common
U-uncommon
R-Holo
RR- EX/GX
SR- Full art
UR-Gold border SRs
HR- Rainbow Rare

So sigging this.
Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer

In my opinion, it's GX attack isn't worth it in expanded, because there are better cards that can mimic attacks like M Gengar and Mew EX.
Um... what? There was no Sneasel in Base set. The one you're thinking of came out in Neo Genesis. And sneasel didn't even exist until gen 2 so it couldn't possibly have been in base set. Not every old card is automatically from base set.

And I'm pretty sure M Gengar has never been good in expanded, so there's no point comparing it to this.

thflame

Aspiring Trainer

Be realistic. A 16 card combo to hit 240 that get's ruined by bumping the stadium, or setting up ability lock is NOT a "powerful force", especially in Expanded.

Just because you can make numbers work on paper, doesn't mean it is a valid strategy. There are MANY better options in expanded. (Toad/Garb laughs at your strategy.)

This is not saying that this is a bad card. It is definitely good, but the strategy will likely revolve around using the ability to draw a lot of disruption cards while getting 2HKOs.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Interesting card. It has a decent drawing strategy, awesome primary attack and an cool GX attack. I don't know if this guy will see competitive play but the way I see it, it works excellently with "double nugget" decks, (i.e. promo tapu koko)

Regular Alolan Raichu already done, in the SM Trainer Kit. I think we're ready to see an Alolan Raichu GX.

They aren't, this guy's just trying to be funny. The owner of the site translates Double Colorless Energy's effect as "Provides two chicken nuggets" as a joke because everybody already knows what it does.

Because the Pokémon in them all are liked for their double colorless energy attacks. i.e. Tapu Koko's flting flip, Alolan Ninetales GX's Ice Blade, etc.

thanks dudes...

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Zoroark-GX - Besides that N loves it, I also love it! The ability is useful especially if you discard energies for energy accel. The atk is bad because Sky Field is gonna rotate. The GX attack can be tricky like Zoroark BREAK but 1 GX attack per game. Kinda sad that is isn't the Zoroark that I expect. 3 Geodudes

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Hmm, it's certainly interesting, and a great support Pokemon, but while 100 damage for 2 energy is good, being limited to that sans Sky Field (which is gonna rotate here soon) means you ain't gonna use it as a main attacker most likely (GX attack is nice, but obviously can't rely on those given you only get 1 a game). Still, a great bench sitter, and pairs really well with Stand In Zoroark, assuming Breakthrough stays in rotation.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Is this what people thought of Shaymin-EX when it was first revealed? "Well, it only does like 30 damage so you can't build a deck around it so it's bad. 2.3 Gravelers." This thing is utterly bonkers as a support Pokemon even if it's a Stage 1.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
Is this what people thought of Shaymin-EX when it was first revealed? "Well, it only does like 30 damage so you can't build a deck around it so it's bad. 2.3 Gravelers." This thing is utterly bonkers as a support Pokemon even if it's a Stage 1.

That reminds me. Do you think that this would replace Lele as The Shaymin of the SM era?