• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ninetales with Greninja?

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
Hey everyone. Well I think I may have hit upon a legitimate new deck that is fairly competitive. I cannot believe no one has tried this combination before (No Google Search Results). There is massive synergy between these two Pokemon with Giant Water Shruriken + Aqua Patch being a great combo. I've beaten every meta deck in the format with my list and am seriously considering playing it in Internationals this Friday. The benefit is that Ninetales can act as a wall while you are getting set up, especially when you can't find your frogs. Also, Giant Shuriken + Blizzard Edge with Band means you have up to 250 damage output each turn (knocking out Metagross, Decidueye, etc.) I would love if you some of you guys would try it out and see what you think.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 2 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132
* 3 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
* 3 Froakie BKP 38
* 4 Frogadier BKP 39
* 4 Greninja BKP 40
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Dive Ball PRC 161
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103
* 8 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Right now I'm scared of suggesting any changes about this deck since I don't want to jinx your winning streak. I just think it's also amazing since you could hit 260 damage with Ice Blade and Choice Band, and assuming all 3 gren. BREAKS use their shurikens. Good work!

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
@DragonFang101 I'm sure there are some changes that can make it slightly better, the only thing I really want to change for sure is to add Karen for the Vespiquen matchup. I feel like Karen + Shadow Stitch could swing the game in that match up. I just can't decide what to cut.

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
I like the concept but for the potential inclusiom of karen i feel that oricorio would be much better. In the vespiqueen match your opponent will be forced to have 16 pokemon in the discard plus choice band to 1 hit a nintails, so late game a frog does 60 followed up by ~16 damage counters placed by the oricorio.

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
@swaginator5000 I see the reason for oricorio, but I really wouldn't want to start it at the beginning of the game since the bench is cluttered as it is (three frogs on bench + one Ninetales + one Lele). Is it worth the risk of it in your opinion? Since I guess that would it would only happen 1 of 7 games statistically (or every game with my luck).

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
@swaginator5000 I see the reason for oricorio, but I really wouldn't want to start it at the beginning of the game since the bench is cluttered as it is (three frogs on bench + one Ninetales + one Lele). Is it worth the risk of it in your opinion? Since I guess that would it would only happen 1 of 7 games statistically (or every game with my luck).
Oricorio is lethal against Vespiquen, but I think I would just go with Karen instead.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
@DragonFang101 Is Brooklet Hill the best thing to cut or maybe bump it down to 3 aqua patch?
I might be tempted to cut the Brooklet Hill since 1. I think you just might do fine with the Dive Ball and Tapu Lele to get yerself more cards. and 2. If you want any stadium card in your deck nowadays, it might be best to have 3 or more because of field blower. You might only have the chance to use it only once.