News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
SM1+ and SM2+ both had six GX cards, I'm expecting SM3+ to follow the same trend.
Well, no, sun and moon strengthening expansion pack can be tricky, but the lycanroc GX and tapu bulu GX we're already in previous decks, therefore, both strengthening expansion packs only introduced 4 new GX pokemon, so its expected SM3+ will too.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Shining Lurantis - I love it. A BCR Celebi EX giving up 1 prize. So many uses to pair with, maybe Charizard GX + GEN Charmander. 3 Geodudes.
  • Zoroark-GX - I am so excited. N loves it

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
SM1+ and SM2+ both had six GX cards, I'm expecting SM3+ to follow the same trend.
Well, technically speaking, we had already gotten 3 of the 7 in SM1+ and 2 of the 6 in SM2+. If there are any more, they'll be ones that were previously printed in English, like Bewear GX. I can't say it'll be that way for the set in october, but that's what it looks like.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Reminder that its an ability on a basic, which means it can be disabled by Hex Maniac, Breakpoint Garb, and Silent Lab. Plus Alolan Muk will definitely still be around after the rotation, which also will prevent it from being used.
Other than that, can't wait to use this in my Ninetales deck.

Reminder that by the time we get Shining Celebi in the TCG both Hex and Lab will be rotated.

TheRealBro..

I was wondering, with these release dates, why isn't Europe ever named? There are sometimes differences in the release schedule for Europe no? Just thinking out loud, being from Holland.

It's getting repetitive but again this shining Celebi reminds me a lot of the Neo cards.. And I like it!

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Zoroark-GX... Will be very interesting to see if it follows the trend of powerful Zoroarks.

Still waiting on what Venusaur will end up like. Generally speaking, throughout the TCG Charizard has consistently been bad, Blastoise is generally very good, but Venusaur tends to be a bit unpredictable in terms of strength.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like I get to play my Mega Pidgeot deck for another year! Was worried I wouldn't have a replacement for Shrine of Memories. Sucks it's on a Basic Pokemon but it's whatever.
Honestly this is better isn't it? No worrying about fieldblower and with stretchers to get it back in case its targeted

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Well, no, sun and moon strengthening expansion pack can be tricky, but the lycanroc GX and tapu bulu GX we're already in previous decks, therefore, both strengthening expansion packs only introduced 4 new GX pokemon, so its expected SM3+ will too.

Unlike those sets though we're getting this as a separate set, not as a sm4 add-on. I fully expect a Radiant Collection in this set as well with even more GX. This set will also bring our releases in line with Japan... makes me think SM+ rotation even more

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
It's going to be a special set in English, very similar to Generations. It will be released in October and the "Shining" cards will be in a separate thing similar to radiant collection.

Meaning online-only players like myself won't be able to get any of the cards unless if we spend real $$$$$ just for card codes :(

Zoroark-GX... Will be very interesting to see if it follows the trend of powerful Zoroarks.

Still waiting on what Venusaur will end up like. Generally speaking, throughout the TCG Charizard has consistently been bad, Blastoise is generally very good, but Venusaur tends to be a bit unpredictable in terms of strength.

I get that Charizard is the fan favorite among the 3 original starters, but yeah its attacks always tend to be too slow. Who cares about massive damage when it'll probably get knocked out before you can attack. In the previous XY era, non-EX Charizard line appeared in Generations then later in Evolutions. Both non-meta, sadly. I'm still disappointed that they didn't include a Venusaur and Blastoise line in Evo! #neverforget ...I have a nagging feeling they won't appear in this SM era again. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatAwesomeDude

ThatAwesomeDude
How interesting! A zoroark GX is sure to catch fans eyes, lets hope its good! Maybe it can keep the attributes that made it so good in today's format! :D
I would love to see a FA or RR Zoroark GX

So a Shrine of Memories that can't be discarded via Field Blower, an angry mushroom, and confirmation of another GX. Interesting news.
You just posted something funny to me!

Last edited by a moderator:

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Honestly this is better isn't it? No worrying about fieldblower and with stretchers to get it back in case its targeted

It depends. I like the fact that it just sits there because if I'm smashing them with large birds, they may not care enough to target it but Hex Maniac and A. Muk will be around too and I may have to worry about those.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
Meaning online-only players like myself won't be able to get any of the cards unless if we spend real $$$$$ just for card codes :(

I get that Charizard is the fan favorite among the 3 original starters, but yeah its attacks always tend to be too slow. Who cares about massive damage when it'll probably get knocked out before you can attack. In the previous XY era, non-EX Charizard line appeared in Generations then later in Evolutions. Both non-meta, sadly. I'm still disappointed that they didn't include a Venusaur and Blastoise line in Evo! #neverforget ...I have a nagging feeling they won't appear in this SM era again. :(

The Venusaur line is in
Shining Legends

thflame

Aspiring Trainer
It depends. I like the fact that it just sits there because if I'm smashing them with large birds, they may not care enough to target it but Hex Maniac and A. Muk will be around too and I may have to worry about those.

I believe Hex Maniac will likely rotate (Ancient Origins) and M Pidgeot EX's free retreat + Guzma means you can Mach Cyclone for the OHKO on Muk.

We will probably still have to deal with BREAKpoint Garbodor, though.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I believe Hex Maniac will likely rotate (Ancient Origins) and M Pidgeot EX's free retreat + Guzma means you can Mach Cyclone for the OHKO on Muk.

We will probably still have to deal with BREAKpoint Garbodor, though.

Oh, you're right, it was printed in Ancient Origins so this will be a good thing for me. Time to make a post rotation version, or at least start working on it.