Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

Cresselia GX. Because it hasn't gotten enough attention lately. And did people forget that darkrai and cresselia came out as a duo of mythical pokemon? I mean, come on.

I personally want to see GX cards of Whimsicott, Leafeon, Glaceon, all of the Ultra Beast
And just give us Lucario-GX already! We all know that it'll come.

They can make it like this:

Lucario-GX - Fighting - HP200
Stage 1 - Evolve from Riolu

Ability: Guidance
Once during your turn, you may draw a card.

[F][F][C] Devastating Kick: 110 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard an energy attached to the defending Pokemon.

[F][F][F] Hyper Aura Sphere: 120 damage. This attack does 120 damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for benched Pokemon)(You can't use more than 1 GX Attack a game)

When a Pokémon-GX has been knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

I would love to see a Zangoose GX or a Miltank GX. They've always had interesting cards in the TCG so having them come back stronger then ever would be amazing. Zangoose's attacks could be poison related,such as self poisoning itself,and not Seviper related,while Miltank can be healing your pokemon while doing good damage.

• Gallade GX because Gardevoir already got one;

• Alolan Exeggutor GX, Alolan Sandslash GX, Alolan Raichu GX and Alolan Marowak GX: they are amazing Pokémon with new forms in Alola so wynaut?

• Arcanine GX, in the TCG Arcanine only got two ultra-rare cards: Arcanine break black star promo and back in EX Legend Maker set Arcanine ex, and in the game it is very fast and strong, this “Legendary Pokémon” needs a GX version;

• Articuno GX, Moltres GX and Zapdos GX (legendary birds trio), Suicune GX, Entei GX and Raikou GX (legendary dogs trio), Trevenant GX, Mamoswine GX, Frosslass GX and Glalie GX (to go with frosslass), Eelektross GX , Chandelure GX, Togekiss GX, Weavile GX, Aerodactyl GX, Omastar GX and Kabutops GX, Bisharp GX, Dusknoir GX and Milotic GX, all this Pokémon because they are an awesome Pokémon with great potential and got a little forgotten;

• The other eeveelutions because we need them xD;

• Meganium GX, Typhlosion GX and Feraligatr GX because this Starter Trio has never had an unique printing outside the normal card template since Ex Unseen Forces (ex) or Heart Gold Soul Silver (Base Set) (prime);

• Blastoise GX and Venusaur GX to complete the kanto starter trio;

• Gengar GX, Gyarados GX, Greninja GX, Houndoom GX, Ampharos GX and Absol GX just because they’re awesome xD.

• I would like to see a Garchomp-GX because it was so annoying that I had to wait until almost the end of XY to get a MEGA Garchomp-EX and the only compensation I got for that was a Garchom evo line in BREAKPoint, I also think he could have some interesting moves and I think a lot of people would want to see one.
  • I think seeing an Absol-GX would be cool because Absol is a dark and mysterious Pokemon and it's a Dark-Type which fits the part of Shadows in Burning Shadows. And I think, again, fans would love to see one. I know my older brother does, Absol is one of his favorite Pokemon.
  • I would like to see Gallade-GX because, first off Gardevoir gets too much attention when Gallade is so much cooler! I also have seen a couple posts on this thread about wanted to see one too so I know I am not alone in this decision.
  • Hydreigon-GX because who doesn't love a good Hydreigon card. He looks cool, he is also a dark-type, and he deserves more attention like many other unsupported Pokemon. I mean Unova in general needs more love. Please consider this as a GX Card.
  • Greninja-GX I would personally LOVE to see, I don't care whether it's Ash-Greninja or Greninja in general.. Either one would be really great! It could also have moves similar to the Greninja which was received in the Demo. It is like Absol and Hydreigon, a Dark-Type. This Pokemon makes a great candidate for Burning Shadows.

Last edited:
Roserade-GX
I've always thought this Pokemon had a badass yet elegant design but has been neglected in the tcg. I'd imagine it would be centered around poison in some way and could combo with promo Lurantis well. Also this could open up mechanics regarding baby Pokemon like Budew.

Skarmory-GX
There aren't any basic steel-type GXs yet and I think Skarmory makes a great potential candidate for one. Perhaps some sort of energy denial like its baby counterpart in SM base?

Flygon-GX
A fan favorite that was neglected in getting the mega treatment in ORAS, disappointing many fans. Being a stage 2 Dragon type, it would definitely be a slow set-up and impractical in theory, but if they continue the trend on dragon-GXs having at least one strong attack requiring 1 type of energy (Noivern item lock), I could imagine it to be more viable than it sounds.

There's 3 pokemon I want to see as GX'S.

1. Greninja-GX. This pokemon is my personal favorite ever. Greninja's such a cool, brutal pokemon. I imagine this pokemon having HP250, and a high attack in which is playable like the Giant Water Shuriken move all the way back in BreakPoint. You can give Greninja it's former glory by making it look appealing.

2. Toucannon-GX. I feel there's more Alola pokemon that could get GX'S. I feel Toucannon could get a GX in SM4. I would love to see a Toucannon-GX. It could be so powerful and appealing.

3. Sceptile-GX. I feel like there could be a special set celebrating Ash's Kalos Journeys. I mean, his Kalos Journey was awesome. I feel the 2 main GX'S would be Greninja and Sceptile-GX and others like Salamence-GX and Talonflame-GX. those were my 3 GX wishs

There's 3 pokemon I want to see as GX'S.

1. Greninja-GX. This pokemon is my personal favorite ever. Greninja's such a cool, brutal pokemon. I imagine this pokemon having HP250, and a high attack in which is playable like the Giant Water Shuriken move all the way back in BreakPoint. You can give Greninja it's former glory by making it look appealing.

2. Toucannon-GX. I feel there's more Alola pokemon that could get GX'S. I feel Toucannon could get a GX in SM4. I would love to see a Toucannon-GX. It could be so powerful and appealing.

3. Sceptile-GX. I feel like there could be a special set celebrating Ash's Kalos Journeys. I mean, his Kalos Journey was awesome. I feel the 2 main GX'S would be Greninja and Sceptile-GX and others like Salamence-GX and Talonflame-GX. those were my 3 GX wishs

To tell you the truth, Talonflame would be more likely to get a GX over Toucannon. That is just a Pokemon no one loves.

I think that we should introduce these GXes
Porygon-Z GX
This is because it's apparent they're giving some vgc viable Pokémon GXes, and porygon Z fits that description
Honchkrow GX
Honchkrow basically only got a level X, it deserves love
Shaymin GX
Keep the trend of a shaymin ultra rare every generation. (Shaymin Lv. X, Next destinies shaymin ex, roaring skies shaymin ex)
Alolan Sandslash GX
Give it a pairing with ninetales. Right now they both have regular rare forms, why not add the GX for sandslash to make them equal?
Finally, Zoroark GX
Zoroark must remain playable

Alolan Exeggutor for sure. He's been featured on a fair amount of merchandise, he's got a fun design and is certainly interesting.

Also Gyarados GX because I have to say it.

I would like to see Meloetta-GX become a thing. Back when Legendary Treasures came around, with Seimistoad and Meloetta-EX, I loved the Round deck, as it was a great cheap budget deck that could win so seeing the deck come back, hopefully, with Meloetta-GX would be great. Additionally, think of how beautiful the artwork could be. Fingers crossed!

I think Aromatisse needs some more love, like how the Base XY Aromatisse hadn't been topped for Fairy support. It was really nice seeing my favourite 'mon get some much needed love. Aromatisse-GX could also keep the Fairy transfer ability. (Maybe just a decent non-GX Aromatisse in a set will be nice)

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this thread. PSA to everyone. Do not list Legendary Pokemon, Eeveelutions, Starter Pokemon and stupidly popular Pokemon like Charizard, Pikachu and Lucario. These Pokemon will always get ultra rare treatment and like 50 promo cards. These Pokemon are always relevant and thus always in the pipeline. The goal is to get other well loved Pokemon a GX cards.

Back