TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I particularly like that Rattata; looking forward to seeing the Raticate, ofc, to see what use it puts its obedient minions to. :p One thing I might suggest is making use of the mechanic PCL has evidently repurposed for Alolan 'mons––free attack costs. I think Sniff Out could actually have a free cost without needing to be nerfed at all.

Noted a couple minor wording things on recent cards:
  • Maximum HP is singular, so "are" should be "is" in Snubbull's Scary Face.
  • "Borealis" is misspelled as "Boralis" in Amaura's power.
  • Sniff Out is a bit weird reference-wise––Slowking from Southern Islands indicates that it should all be one sentence, while Unown F and Erika's Bulbasaur indicate to keep it as you've got it. How good is Southern Islands for a reference?
Would also love to finish up your spoilers for the Tapus. Shoot me a PM with the stuff you've got already worked out for 'em. :)

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I particularly like that Rattata; looking forward to seeing the Raticate, ofc, to see what use it puts its obedient minions to. :p One thing I might suggest is making use of the mechanic PCL has evidently repurposed for Alolan 'mons––free attack costs. I think Sniff Out could actually have a free cost without needing to be nerfed at all.

Noted a couple minor wording things on recent cards:
  • Maximum HP is singular, so "are" should be "is" in Snubbull's Scary Face.
  • "Borealis" is misspelled as "Boralis" in Amaura's power.
  • Sniff Out is a bit weird reference-wise––Slowking from Southern Islands indicates that it should all be one sentence, while Unown F and Erika's Bulbasaur indicate to keep it as you've got it. How good is Southern Islands for a reference?
Would also love to finish up your spoilers for the Tapus. Shoot me a PM with the stuff you've got already worked out for 'em. :)
Thanks, Jabber! I'd love if you wanted to help out with the Tapus -- I'll send a PM ASAP!

While it'd be cool to use free attack cost, the mechanic didn't exist until DP. While I'm incorporating some newer stuff into Redux (Burned, Restored, etc), I think I'll keep it as-is for now.

Will correct the cards. Funny enough, I never noticed the distinction between "maximum HP" being singular and "remaining HP" being plural -- early installment weirdness, I guess (thanks, Wizards). Good eye!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
New card!

214heracrossm.png

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I posted this on dA last week but somehow missed it here...

neo_redux_721__volcanion_by_ilkcmp-dbdketu.png

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
So, friends, it's been over a decade since I started this ridiculous project. Holy smokes.

While I've certainly been busy in my real life, this thing has been a relative constant. I have pages upon pages of Word documents full of spoilers for the unfinished cards (literally hundreds of pages), and thousands of files on my computer (which is somehow still kicking after all this time). A full generation has come and gone with far too few updates...but ya know, real life. However, something..."big" is coming. Here's what you can expect...
3xlOGLt.png

Not too many of the old crowd still around, I see. Looking forward to getting to know some new faces.

Pone

Delta Species is best species
I'm pretty darn late to the party I guess. Can't believe I never really delved into this thread before haha. I don't know if you're still doing much in the custom tcg, CMP, but that GMax blank looks amazing!

HRBEK

Aspiring Trainer
I have been collaborating with a few people to make a Johto version of the old Gym Leader sets using the style and formatting of the Neo series. I've looked over many of the pages here, but not all of them (there are too many, lol!). How have your Gym Leader ones been coming along?

I used some of the handy tools that you made available on your DeviantArt page.

Attachments

• Chuck's Machamp.jpg
    Chuck's Machamp.jpg
    805.4 KB · Views: 21

fawfulmark2

Aspiring Trainer
So, friends, it's been over a decade since I started this ridiculous project. Holy smokes.

While I've certainly been busy in my real life, this thing has been a relative constant. I have pages upon pages of Word documents full of spoilers for the unfinished cards (literally hundreds of pages), and thousands of files on my computer (which is somehow still kicking after all this time). A full generation has come and gone with far too few updates...but ya know, real life. However, something..."big" is coming. Here's what you can expect...
3xlOGLt.png

Not too many of the old crowd still around, I see. Looking forward to getting to know some new faces.

Taking a guess and assuming G-Max will hve a One Per Copy restriction like Megas do?

wzhao123

Aspiring Trainer
Some of the card picture such as Starmie and golduk doesn't work, it shows the home page of imageshack.com after click, is there anyone have all the card pictures over here?