Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
It was a tense day. Nobody could quite know what was going to happen, but they knew they were in danger. The claws began to come out at the end of the day, and Luigi was selected to die.
Luigi: Why me?
Mario: You're not acting normally. I'm your brother; I know these things.
Luigi: Y-you realize you've just killed the Mushroom Kingdom, right?
Yet Mario refused to listen, and Professor Palutena was banished.

QG10EnLGWsVV6FIPuMGN8sRruEjZbuczVPEaM4vel6Hqe8TL0ozpHopQ7GQkAu_udj7YZOnKGxpPpHXdiJkZQUQmlMrm41YC0EaS4UpzYIdSzFlpkMMFInZUnTQ-xbrKLbBu5pcM

You are Luigi, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. As Mario’s younger brother, people often overlook you, and your awkward personality doesn't help much. Occasionally you do help Mario with rescuing the Princess, but you don't get nearly as much recognition for anything, even though you've saved Mario’s life a few times.

Passive Ability: Cowardice
It's no secret that you're scared of a lot. So imagine how frightened you would be if Bowser or one of his minions tried to kill you in the middle of the night! If you are targeted by a Nightkill, you will flee in terror, and there will be no Nightkill.

Passive Ability: Extreme Phobia
Revealed: Night 2
Unfortunately, you also have an extreme fear of Boos, which is even worse than your fear of Bowser’s Minions. When you see a Boo, you just freeze in place, unable to defend yourself. Just imagine what would happen if you were targeted by an even larger Boo! If King Boo targets you, you will die.

Active Ability: Courting
Unlocks: If Daisy (or the player with Daisy as a safeclaim) sends a letter to you. You may not claim or hint at this ability in-thread until it unlocks.

Superstar Ability: Boiling Engine

You are the proud creator of the Mario Party 1 stage Luigi’s Engine Room, one of the most complicated stages in the original Mario Party. This stage is home to the memorable credit sequence where the last place player gets burned by a steam generator. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Scald: [Player]. That player will have all their abilities permanently removed.

Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.

Professor Palutena (4): bbninjas (680-), Haunted Water (684-), quakingpunch73 (719-), lord o da rings (720-)
bbninjas (1): Professor Palutena (640-)
mordacazir (1): lord o da rings (691-720)
Not Receiving Votes: (lord o da rings, quakingpunch73, Haunted Water)

At that moment, the members of the Mushroom Kingdom broke into tears. They knew they needed to survive the night to live.

Night 5 starts now, and will end on Tuesday, June 20th at 8:00 AM EST. Here's a countdown for your convenience.

NinjaPenguin

If anyone wants this night to end more quickly, you can tell me you're locking in your action (if you can't use any action, you don't need to submit anything). If every action is locked in, the night will end immediately.

NinjaPenguin

Although in reality it was perfectly normal, the night felt chilly for Haunted Water. She knew her time was up soon. As she walked to the beach with her new date Waluigi, Mario came zooming by, powered by a Golden Mushroom. Instead on giving a kiss to Waluigi, she accidentally kissed Mario. When Mario had left, Waluigi was in a rage. Suddenly, Waluigi transformed into a horrific squid and strangled her.

hLA_WWKehEeA5cEW0tjADPGtUWkiADMaYtR83kKL_bjBg2Zwj9OvaEbfovqWoWQQt7bni3Fqhog1hGLVGuncYBBX1KxZ8Qn7G3huTF9QRaYKrGxnJgzSzAyP-tnsYSIMhEf1QNYm

You are Birdo and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. A good friend of Yoshi, you were added to the cast in Mario Party 7. Although flirtatious and charismatic on the outside, you are conflicted on the inside. Depending on your region, you are either male or female, dominating much of the discussion about you. Here in America, however, you are 100% female, so we’re going with that for the purposes of this game.

Active Ability: Kiss

You are such a good flirter that you can get the truth out of anyone just by giving them a single kiss on the cheek. Unfortunately, you don’t really know what to do with that information. Yoshi, however, told you that you should ask for their alignment, so you’ll listen to him. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Kiss: [Player]. You will receive that player’s alignment. Every night you use this ability, however, you’ll begin to get confused. The first night you use this ability (and any times you are sane thereafter), you will have a 50% chance of becoming insane. If you use this ability while insane, you will have a 50% chance of becoming paranoid. If you use this ability while paranoid, you will have a 50% chance of becoming sane.
No Action Bonus: 6 Coins

Superstar Ability: Collected Thoughts
Being as hyper as you are, you need extreme powers to calm down. In fact, a superstar is the only chance of you calming down and reflecting back on yourself. You must use a moment of calm, however, to help you through this moment. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Reflect: [Night], where [Night] was a night when you used Kiss. You will think back on that night and learn what state you were in when you judged that player’s alignment.

Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.

As Birdo was being killed, quakingpunch73 was zooming around with Golden Mushroom, pondering his decision to fight for the Dazzling Star. "Why," he asked himself, "was this conflict ever worth it? All we could have won was a star for Peach's collection. Although the banished people should still be okay, what about the people Bowser's Minions killed, or Shy Guy, who I shot with the Fireball Orb? They'll never come back. I killed Bowser, but what about the rest of the minions? They'll probably take over our monarchy, seeing as they proved that they're stronger than us. And this was all for some shiny star." Having finished his thoughts, he headed to the meeting spot, trying to see if anyone was killed during the night.

When he arrived, the rest of the group was there, except for Birdo. Seeing the Mario arrived, Rosalina stood up, tore away her disguise, and spoke.

Kamek: You little brats! You should have known you would have never gotten the Dazzling Star. Although our glorious leader Bowser is dead, we have furthered our goal more than we ever thought to be possible. Thank you for that, I guess.

Then, Kamek revealed everyone's identity for the final time.

p8ogBwH8HKu9-QnJWdYTowm0DvFPbzbrL-oUZbxFiPYSvYi7yUBYpZ63WDiJNzmv48Pt2ql6dW15FckQCIh0GYDLu2bZL6pn_rko3QdF3R5CbEgXW49gFI7BdH_WsMHDaqAPb5a8

You are Mario, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. Throughout the Kingdom, you are known and revered for your ability to save Peach, or pretty much anyone, from Bowser. That is, when you aren't kart racing, golfing, playing tennis, or hosting parties.

Passive Ability: Toad Communication

After you’ve saved Peach from Bowser multiple times, you and Princess Peach have an unbreakable bond. When you split up to find the Dazzling Star, you were sure to both bring your mushroom-shaped communication devices. Now, you can speak to Peach (or the person with Peach as a safeclaim) in this QT: [Snip]

Passive Ability: Arch Enemy

You and Bowser constantly get in fights. Although you win every one of those fights, you are still wary of him. Now, you’ve used surveillance to track Bowser’s location, and have narrowed his identity down to nine suspects. At the beginning of Day 1, you will be PM’d a list of seven players. One of them will be Bowser.

Active Ability: Fireball Orb
Locked.

Superstar Ability: Golden Mushroom
One of your favorite items is the golden mushroom, which allows you to zip around at record speeds. This obviously can cause a distraction to anyone. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Mushroom. Every ability (besides the Nightkill) will be redirected to you, but you will zoom by your fellow players so quickly that you will be immune to all harmful abilities that night.

gdoePwjfzd1wWIILP9gUtezUKwyNL9x7p6mdncleBNFamNxiF7fAu0Tw6a7iJdyD8d0CLR9LtuGrnldl58fdSnERsD--SY_Tn9ZsyVBDz69iZTtiyOrDRtfuMr8a1eXdUPpQUgmM

You are King Boo, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are a master at thievery and deception, and have many times tricked Mario and his friends down a fake path. Your whole business is based around stealing, so it disturbed you to find out that Bowser successfully took the Dazzling Star for himself. Now, you want it back, if only to prove your superiority.

LEwGutPN-GMdnG3iSxocd7PA68wbXQ3yvwP9dd4ek2WS5NoNshSXxT84P_jWWIudOehJGsk_s0WlUXi809YuTv97Ti63FCtVE5QpMG9a17VFbol3pSpY4wyplk09DxfH0dPw2Ql1

You are Kamek, and you are aligned with Bowser’s Minions. Over your time serving Bowser, you’ve been one of his most useful minions, and have always found a way to make things more difficult for Mario and his friends using your magic.

Passive Ability: Bowser's Minion
You are Bowser’s right hand man, and as such, you have the power to talk to him and your fellow minion. You may talk to your fellow Bowser’s Minions in this QT: [Snip]

Passive Ability: Broom Escape
As a Magikoopa, you have the ability to fly on broomsticks. It's something you resort to quite frequently when kidnapping Peach, but there's no reason you can't use it here, too! If you would be lynched, this Ability will activate. You will fly away on your broomstick, and there will be no lynch. This Ability will then become locked. This Ability will also become locked if you are the last living member of Bowser’s Minions.
Hidden Aspect:
Unknown

Active Ability: Spellcasting

Whenever you cast a spell, it turns what it hits into something random. It's quite useful sometimes, although it only takes the random object from a few possible outcomes. On Night 0, you must PM the hosts a list of five players not aligned with Bowser’s Minions.Each Night Phase after Night 0, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. Any Active Abilities used by that player that night will be randomly replaced by an Active Ability from one of the five players you selected on Night 0 (excluding Superstar Abilities).
No Action Bonus: 4 Coins

Superstar Ability: Book Seal
In Mario Party DS, the entire premise of your stage was that you had trapped Koopa Troopa’s grandfather inside of a book. If you have a Superstar, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will become trapped inside a book, and will only be allowed to make 5 posts per day, and will not have access to any Abilities. This effect continues until you are killed.

Win Condition: Eliminate every player who wishes to regain possession of the Dazzling Star.
et5aS4ygaVpZ15a4zBb4tPxKf8ZQRt4qOV7icX6AFd9L00y_pQx_zFqJ5qzGs0scfPmRFE3H8JdZUe9EalyHSCZaW9Y3_uC1HQdJGPB0Eh5Gw8p7g8J6HW1srK3S31mjkxUpE0kN

You are Blooper, and you are aligned with Bowser’s Minions. You worked your way up to playable character in Mario Party 8 before being sent back down to being just a boss in the next two games. When Bowser wanted you to join his group of rejects, you easily accepted. The first thing in your mind is getting revenge against those who scorned you.

Win Condition: Eliminate every player who wishes to regain possession of the Dazzling Star.

Congratulations to Bowser's Minions!

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
262975-mario-party-advance-game-boy-advance-screenshot-when-you-run.png

Whoops! Sorry about that, guys! Looking back, I actually think that being cleared kind of hindered my play this game. I got sloppy towards the end, and that was due to knowing that almost anything I did wouldn't be percieved as scummy. Though, I must admit, scum played masterfully in the last few days. With all of their fighting, I thought it was impossible for bb and Lorde to be scum together, and they were both townie before the mass-claim.

NinjaPenguin

I almost feel like there's a Confirmed Town Syndrome on this site, where confirmed townies (or townies that know that they can confirm themselves) actually start playing worse (there was Celever in Superheroes, me for most of last game, and Quaking in this game). Also, I love the MP Advance screenshot. Have you ever played the story mode , or did you just find it online?

To me, your largest mistake was not asking for who lorde targeted Night 0 (when you were so focused on getting info from my conversation with Professor P.). If you had gotten that Epist was on her list, it would have completely explained the kill, confirming her as scum.

Also, I might as well say that you should stay tuned for my postgame (Blakers can obviously do one if he wishes, but I don't know if he does). It will be released in three parts, which will come every couple of days. For now, I'd love to hear feedback on the game (primarily focusing on the hosting, roles, and mechanics, if possible).

Last edited:

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
@bbninjas Well played my dude

Also, after talking with lord in the chat, she gets player of the game. If she hadn't targeted me that night, I would've outed bb and left her to be swept with the mass claim.

Last edited:

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
I almost feel like there's a Confirmed Town Syndrome on this site, where confirmed townies (or townies that know that they can confirm themselves) actually start playing worse (There was Celever in Superherose and Quaking in this game). Also, I love the MP Advance screenshot. Have you ever played the story mode , or did you just find it online?

To me, your largest mistake was not asking for who lorde targeted Night 0 (when you were so focused on getting info from my conversation with Professor P.). If you had gotten that Epist was on her list, it would have completely explained the kill, confirming her as scum.
It would have helped, but I think saying that it would confirm her is a little far-fetched. I was hoping that they'd try to kill me instead, so it would be prevented and I'd have one more chance at winning this.

NinjaPenguin

It would have helped, but I think saying that it would confirm her is a little far-fetched. I was hoping that they'd try to kill me instead, so it would be prevented and I'd have one more chance at winning this.
The Epist kill had no explanation (not even framing, as lord had not yet claimed) when they could have gone for a kill on a confirmed townie instead. Lorde would have had at least a 90% chance of being scum after she claimed that.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
... Wow, I was totally expecting someone to see through the bs BB and I conspired. It wasn't even really thought up since he lost his role and I couldn't communicate with him now I can finally stop pretending I'm on a bad ABC sitcom.
Though, I must admit, scum played masterfully in the last few days. With all of their fighting, I thought it was impossible for bb and Lorde to be scum together, and they were both townie before the mass-claim.
Thank you! :) I really thought BB and I would get called out for that, but it seems Prof and I were paired, and BB "thought" Prof would be a better lynch. Smart. Then HW put on a vote for Prof, and I was just waiting forever for that third necessary vote. After a ton of drama to make me and Prof look as scummy as possible, quaking put on that third vote and I knew I needed to hammer fast so no one unvoted.

I wasn't expecting there to be a night phase. It normally ends by that day lynch, but there were no role blockers (that I knew of) so I was at peace. Good game guys, it was fun! @double o squirtle and @Vracken can't wait for your game next season!
I really actually thought Haunted would ask me about that since his night was ruined by it. But no one asked me for it? I thought someone would the second I revealed that. Here's that list if anyone is interested:
Spellcasting was successfully used on:
- PikaMasterJesi
- Celever
- simsands
- scattered mind
- Little Cherrim (Epist)
It definitely would have been reason enough to lynch me.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
The Epist kill had no explanation (not even framing, as lord had not yet claimed) when they could have gone for a kill on a confirmed townie instead. Lorde would have had at least a 90% chance of being scum after she claimed that.
I guess... I'd definitely have bb and Lorde on my radar for Day 6. Morda was confo-town to me at that point, and HW's role made 100% sense to me. The reason I presumed bb was town was because I was sure that PP was scum, and it made no sense to use his ability on his buddy. Though hats off to Lorde and bb for distancing themselves from each other.

NinjaPenguin

I wasn't expecting there to be a night phase. It normally ends by that day lynch, but there were no role blockers (that I knew of) so I was at peace.
I'm not sure you saw this, but Quaking was killproof that night from having killed Bowser curse you, Clockwork Castle and your night skipping antics.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Here's the chart:
Night 1- Killed Bowser
Night 2- Skipped. Doesn't count.
Night 3- First night of invincibility.
Night 4- Skipped. Doesn't count.
Night 5- Second night of invincibility.
I wasn't sure on the ruling for it. I still can't get over how well this game was planned though.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
Ninja, well designed game. Little bit jilted at the clockwork stage and lottery but you did a very good job creating this game.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Me getting lynched was so frustrating ._.

But hey GG to everyone i guess. It's pretty hard to win as Town i feel like. At least the last few games on here went in favor of the bad guys

NinjaPenguin

Little bit jilted at the clockwork stage and lottery but you did a very good job creating this game.
You'll get to here a lot more about my thoughts on the stages in the postgame. For now, just know that there was less than an 8% chance of it randomly being selected once in this game, let alone twice. Considering that Jesi would have liked to use her actions if she stayed in the game, the real chance was even less.
Me getting lynched was so frustrating ._.

But hey GG to everyone i guess. It's pretty hard to win as Town i feel like. At least the last few games on here went in favor of the bad guys
When I do player analysis, I'll give some general tips that I think would dramatically help town on this site. Stay tuned for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.