News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Lukata

Aspiring Trainer
We're not likely getting another Salandit in Burning Shadows to go along with it though, just like how we didn't get another Grubbin/Charjabug for the Vikavolt GX in Guardians Rising.
Oh right, that means you could still use it with ho oh GX but the chances of pulling that off at a prerelease is unreal. Unless they add Salandit and Salazzle in the 22 card evolution pack but I highly doubt it.

ToxicGirl

Aspiring Trainer
This card is broken, but c'mon I really didn't want fire support. Volcanion is already dominating the format.

I guess i'll give this deck a try, since now its pretty much going to be better than Turbo Dark :p
Really? I thought Volcanion was suffering with the birth of Aqua Patch. But with this... well, good thing I'm the one playing Volcanion. (Also, you could abuse Flareon EX with this)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Cool that we get a replacement to Lysandre, and Golisopod-GX does look really cool.

Looking forward to seeing the Full Arts for both of 'em.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Oh right, that means you could still use it with ho oh GX but the chances of pulling that off at a prerelease is unreal. Unless they add Salandit and Salazzle in the 22 card evolution pack but I highly doubt it.

Yeah, it's one of the things, IMO, I disagree with when it comes to "adding SM1+ to SM2" and "adding SM2+ to SM3". Another being it makes the sets waaaaaaaaaay too big with an unholy amount of Secret Rares...

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
If its first attack was only colorless it could have been good in stage 2 decks such as Metagross-GX

Lukata

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, it's one of the things, IMO, I disagree with when it comes to "adding SM1+ to SM2" and "adding SM2+ to SM3". Another being it makes the sets waaaaaaaaaay too big with an unholy amount of Secret Rares...
Yeah I'm not a fan of the amount of secret rares. I'd say maximum 2 per set and shouldn't have made a hyper/ rainbow rare for every single GX maybe couldn't have just done them for the set cover Pokémon like the tapus from my guardians rising. Having one for every GX just means there's way too many and takes away from the fact they are supposed to be rare and special.

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
So in theory you can attack with Break (stage 3) pokemon 1rst turn? (no grass) put the basic wally, attack haid, and next turn stage 3 pokemon. Is Quite fun but no playable anyway. But with rainbow energy can help all Stage 2 polemon. I Mean the Pokemon is quite wild now. All decks works with if, now we don't have too ban decks.

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
Diance seems Ok I guess. The problem is that if you were to use in in an evolution deck, it would have to be fairy, unless you really want to tech in some fairy or rainbow energy. The only two fairy decks that are going to see a lot of play are Sylveon and Gardevoir. It could be helpgul in Gardvoir decks but useless in Sylveon decks unless you are under ability lock. Pretty situational card in Sylveon, but a decent one in Gardevoir

akealon

Aspiring Trainer
This would work like Ascention on the psychic Phantump. It is possible to evolve to Trevenant and then use Ascention (via Shrine of Memories) to evolve directly to Trev Break, assuming the final translation does not have the exception language regarding Mons in play that turn.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I'm trying to figure out which deck will be more competitive, Golisopod or Gardevoir?

As the Flareon card with the Flare effect ability states "each of your stage 1 Pokemon in play is now a fire Pokemon in addition to its existing types." This is a crazy idea and is probably not allowed but if a flareon (flare effect) is on the bench and Ho-Oh's eternal light GX attack is used can any stage one EX/ GX be picked? I am probably mixing this up and not sure what is classed as in play but if the GX attack allows you to search your discard for EX/GX does that classify them as "in play?" Because if you are searching and every stage 1 in your discard counts as being in play the flare effect would be activated on them causing all stages 1 Pokémon in your discard to be a fire type aswell. Meaning you can pick any stage 1 EX/ GX. This is probably me not understanding the rules but if anyone could answer that would be great. Although if this is allowed it won't make much difference as flareon (flare effect) will rotate out soon.

In play refers to on the battlefield, not in the discard pile. Look at BKP Garb for instance. It says that each pokemon in play, in the player's hand and the player's discard have no abilities. The distinction between the two from this ability confirm they are separate from one another.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToxicGirl

Aspiring Trainer
I'm looking forward to replace my Blacksmiths with these! I might even make my deck Standard.

How exactly would that work? No one knows any of the cards and 99 out of 100 packs are completely empty? :p
I think she means Rainbow like the secret rares.

Last edited by a moderator:

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
I'm curious as to why people seem to consider having to use Rainbow energy a dealbreaker for Diancie? It counts for whatever type you are specialize in anyway, Garbordor would likely scare away the Hammers Bros and it and Wally would ensure you get a Stage 2 in play once FoGP rotates.