News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Dadoum

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Omg i kwen it :) they will update lizandre in this way and omg think that 3 greninja break with guzma is 60x3 + 110 with choice band = 290 well it will be 4 price in one turn ;)

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
Its ya boy Guzma! I was about to be very surprised if we had to stick with Pokémon catcher.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
It's like a slightly more balanced Lysandre. I like it.
Lysandre is already a Supporter card, it's balanced. Think about the metagame where Pokémon Catcher did the same thing but was an Item card. That was unbalanced.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Might as well say it here and now...

Want to see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form-It's your boy Guzma!

(I'm actually just happy he gets a card now. He better get a full art.)

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
August is the Shaymin killer.
Also Lele's price might see a bump due to this guy, so I'd best snag it while it's still 30. Probably only behind Acerola as my favorite card I see from the new set.

Ooops. HAHA. Haven't had the mindset change. Garbodor then. The 120 hp is a good target to get.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Omg i kwen it :) they will update lizandre in this way and omg think that 3 greninja break with guzma is 60x3 + 110 with choice band = 290 well it will be 4 price in one turn ;)

Quite an optimistic thought~
Getting 3 Greninja BREAKs out, while Grass is becoming a very the dominant typing.

Personally, I'm not touching Gren...
Not with Golisopod OHKOing it for 1 energy. Haha.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Except you can't really play escape rope in a Garbodor centric meta because all you are doing is feeding the beast. Same with Max potion. Maybe you can design a deck that takes advantage of these without getting owned by Garbodor. I hope so. But this is an unfortunate side effect of Garbodor. A lot of fun cards will see a lot less play.

The meta is not centered solely on Garbodor and you should be fine to use items if the deck can trade even and is consistent with a means to achieve ohkos. There are several decks out there that fit that bill without being Garbodor. You merely need to find a more diverse and still consistent engine for each of them.

Golisopod and Water decks are some of the decks that benefit the most from Guzma. Darkness and Psychic decks will love this card too.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
Except you can't really play escape rope in a Garbodor centric meta because all you are doing is feeding the beast. Same with Max potion. Maybe you can design a deck that takes advantage of these without getting owned by Garbodor. I hope so. But this is an unfortunate side effect of Garbodor. A lot of fun cards will see a lot less play.

So let me get this straight.

• Float Stone, VS. Seeker and other item cards are getting rotated out
  • Trashalanche makes them even less popular
  • And we have Tapu Lele GX, a similar case to Guzma in that its more balance than the predecessor (Shaymin EX in this case), resulting ina card that can search out supporters.
Is it just me or is the Meta gonna start favoring Supporters over items?

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Nice to see what will be replacing Lysandre since Ancient Origins will likely be rotated out.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
I hate this game. Immediately after Lysander is gonna be rotated, another supporter comes in that's a Lysander on steroids

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
I have to say it, so I apologize in advance...

IT'S THE HATED BOSS WHO BEATS YOU DOWN, AND BEATS YOU DOWN, AND NEVER LETS UP...

YEAH! BIG BAD GUZMA IS HERE!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I have to say it, so I apologize in advance...

IT'S THE HATED BOSS WHO BEATS YOU DOWN, AND BEATS YOU DOWN, AND NEVER LETS UP...

YEAH! BIG BAD GUZMA IS HERE!

*Defeats the Boss*
GRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! GUZMA! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
This pretty much confirms that we aren't getting a Lysandre reprint.
That actually makes total sense, since Lysandre was a generation 6 character. Since they are bringing things up to speed with generation 7, characters included, they weren't going to bring him back.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Wonder if Lysandre gets rotated out this year if this will be our supporter opponent switch option. Hope not but it does fit Guzma and Golidspod though.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
First we get Golisopod GX, which I personally love, but now Guzma just helps it out sooo much. 5-star combo.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I'm happy that we finally have a forced switch that also has some sort of determent to make you think twice about when to use it.