News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Would it be crazy to have a poemon with 300 health? (Other than Black Kyurem EX with Crystal Wall) Maybe a Wailord GX or a Chansey GX? Unfortunately, both of those Pokemon were just printed in GuR! Oh well

Frisko

Master Fire Trainer
Hrm... whilst Raging Out GX is a good mill move, there are enough cards out there ATM to get around that (Brock's Grit for example). Aside from that, this is just a typical Charizard card - pretty to look at, but not good enough to use competitively. Hell, Flashfire/Evolutions M Charizard EX's Crimson Dive is better, does the same amount of damage and just takes 50HP off the big guy rather than forcing an energy discard.

I agree that the card isn't amazing but if your opponent is down to 10 cards and you switch in with your Charizard and GX then that's game. They would definitely need to do some stuff for mill decks to make this at all viable though.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I agree that the card isn't amazing but if your opponent is down to 10 cards and you switch in with your Charizard and GX then that's game. They would definitely need to do some stuff for mill decks to make this at all viable though.

That works IF you haven't already used your GX attack that game. Plus, if you know that they have a Charizard GX on the bench, they may use cards to shuffle cards from their discard pile back into their deck (like the aforementioned Brock's Grit), or use a card to shuffle their hand, if it's a big hand, back into their deck (like Prof. Birch's Observations) to avoid decking out. I know I've done that before when my deck was getting thin.

I didn't even think there were such things as mill decks in the Pokémon TCG, I've never seen anyone at any of the leagues I've taken part in run them, they tend to stick to what's popular at the time (LOTS of people at one time in them were just running Greninja BREAK or Keldeo EX or the abomination that's Night March, and up until S&M, I was just running a M-Rayquaza EX deck as my primary, had a load of secondary decks but that ended up being my main)

Frisko

Master Fire Trainer
That works IF you haven't already used your GX attack that game. Plus, if you know that they have a Charizard GX on the bench, they may use cards to shuffle cards from their discard pile back into their deck (like the aforementioned Brock's Grit), or use a card to shuffle their hand, if it's a big hand, back into their deck (like Prof. Birch's Observations) to avoid decking out. I know I've done that before when my deck was getting thin.

I didn't even think there were such things as mill decks in the Pokémon TCG, I've never seen anyone at any of the leagues I've taken part in run them, they tend to stick to what's popular at the time (LOTS of people at one time in them were just running Greninja BREAK or Keldeo EX or the abomination that's Night March, and up until S&M, I was just running a M-Rayquaza EX deck as my primary, had a load of secondary decks but that ended up being my main)

Houndoom EX/Bunnelby was decent for a time but when Greninja BREAK came out it kinda killed that, that is also why I don't think Charizard GX would work out all that well. There was also a Wailord EX mill deck for a while.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
"First Charizard in Ages".

Literally came out in Generations and Evolutions...

J

Juliacoolo

"First Charizard in Ages".

Literally came out in Generations and Evolutions...

I'm pretty sure the comment was sarcastic, as Gardevoir, Darkrai and Mewtwo were included in that sentiment :p

Similar shortcomings as most other Charizards, but the GX attack is interesting. Maybe you could play it with Houndoom EX, disruption and the milling trainers in expanded?

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
The good: Ho-Oh GX is an incredibly easy way to get Charizard GX into play.
The bad: who cares? the only merit of Charizard GX is its mill attack, and you can't use it anymore because you just used up your GX attack getting it onto the bench.
The ugly: on top of the fact the combo is self-defeating, the energy demands of such a combination are ridiculously unmanageable, to the point you can take the existence of Kiawe for granted and it's not that helpful.

Random thought: is SM4 going to be the Grass type's time to shine? In response to Aqua Patch and Kiawe, can anyone else anticipate that instead of just going down the Forest of Giant Plants route again, they release a Stadium that turns all Pokemon in play, each player's decks, and discard piles into Grass types?

Last edited:

PieterPie

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a bit disappointed with this artwork, I had high expectations for something especially colorful , considering the rainbow rare can only be Silver.

TheRealBro..

I'm a bit disappointed with this artwork, I had high expectations for something especially colorful , considering the rainbow rare can only be Silver.

Yeah, same here. It looks good, but not as wonderful as you would expect from a Ho-oh Full Art. The Pokemon itself should have covered a lot more of the card in my opinion, and the pose is just a little meh. They could have done a lot more with it.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
120 for one is pretty solid, but it's only good one time, and the rest of its attacks are pretty bad. 3/10 card. At least it looks cool...

Lukata

Aspiring Trainer
120 for one is pretty solid, but it's only good one time, and the rest of its attacks are pretty bad. 3/10 card. At least it looks cool...
Although you can use stand in zoroark or something to change the active each turn and keep using the 120 damage right?

yrkomm16

Aspiring Trainer
It could be nice addiction to non GX Golisopods, 'cuz he can revenge swing for 150 with Band after one is knocked out. Zororark is also an option here. Overall - pretty bad but also fun card.

NOTE: Still better than Charizard GX.