News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

This card would be a nightmare, however forest of giant plants will probably be rotated out this coming season.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but Mega Evolutions don't count as Stage 1 cards either; Muscle Dumbbells won't work for them, either.

If that wasn't what you meant, my bad and carry on. XP
Lol. I think I took too long of a break in pokemon. -_- Haven't made any post sun/moon decks.

This card would be a nightmare, however forest of giant plants will probably be rotated out this coming season.

Right but there are Generations version reprints of Caterpie and Metapod that have abilities allowing them to be evolved T1 which likely won't rotate.

I hope this doesn't make it too difficult for the likes of solgaleo. I enjoy those decks and dont want them to be side lined completely.

Wait, since when was ash abusive to any of his Pokémon WPM? I hate ash as much as the next guy, but he was never abusive. Butterfree just wanted to be with his.... "Baby Mama"(?).

I don't get why it's referred to as "searching" the discard when the contents of the discard are public knowledge? You don't have to look for anything because you can always know what's there at any given time.
Its just a wording thing, you still have to dig through your discard to find things

Wait wait wait. If this is from SM3, and SM3 is based off of the new movie, then is there a chance we might see Ash 's old buttterfree again!? :D

You can definitely tell it's Ash's Butterfree, look at his fully stuffed belly. Always them Pokes that are eating a lot that Ash.

This card arrived a little too late to the scene. It might have been better during Decidueye's time for mirror matches.

Given that there will only be three Sun & Moon sets out at the time rotation happens, I'm doubtful that there will be a rotation, at least not a full one. I don't think it'll be like years ago, when Diamond & Pearl base set lasted around 3 years due to there being no rotations between 2008-2010.

If they DID rotate out everything before Sun & Moon this year, however, it could turn into the aforementioned D&P situation. Worst case scenario for rotation is that they remove everything bar Evolutions and Generations.

Right but there are Generations version reprints of Caterpie and Metapod that have abilities allowing them to be evolved T1 which likely won't rotate.
True (man, I really hope Generations doesn't rotate. There are a lot of cards I use).

Given that there will only be three Sun & Moon sets out at the time rotation happens, I'm doubtful that there will be a rotation, at least not a full one. I don't think it'll be like years ago, when Diamond & Pearl base set lasted around 3 years due to there being no rotations between 2008-2010.

If they DID rotate out everything before Sun & Moon this year, however, it could turn into the aforementioned D&P situation. Worst case scenario for rotation is that they remove everything bar Evolutions and Generations.
No, they wouldn't rotate out everything from XY. But keep in mind how many sets get rotated out each time. That means Primal Clash (rip my Wailord), Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins (finally), and BREAKThrough would get rotated out, leaving BREAKPoint onward in standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they wouldn't rotate out everything from XY. But keep in mind how many sets get rotated out each time. That means Primal Clash (rip my Wailord), Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins (finally), and BREAKThrough would get rotated out, leaving BREAKPoint onward in standard.

That rotation would make more sense, as it gives the BREAK mechanic (Well, most of it if BREAKThrough goes out, which'd be RIP Zoroark) another year of life.

Plus that rotation would take some of the sting out of the Decidueye GX deck I run (Forest of Giant Plants is kinda key, you get both Shinotic out and you can pretty much get each Decidueye-GX out quickly), though I've been gathering other cards to future-proof it.

This Garde seems to combo well with wish baton. (Take three energy from active and puts it's on the pokemon its attached to). Also in turbo dark matchup can use Gallade from BTH.

Imagine this with Mega Charizard. 300 Damage turn 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another non-playable Lepidoptera. Correct me if I'm wrong but Beautifly with miraculous scales ability has been the only playable one to date. The healing move is interesting but not as a 120hp stage 2. Stun spore without the flip would have made the card much more interesting.
Generations Caterpie and Metapod can give this thing free FoGP effect.

Back