News New 'Battle Arena Decks: Landorus vs. Genesect' in September!

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
This kinda proves, that we won't get a decrease in the size of sets for extended.
On one hand kinda nice, since certain cards keep their value, on the other hand it makes the format hard to keep track of, what is possible.
It gets a tad clunky...

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I'm not incredibly fond of these cards. I honestly feel that we have plenty of better options available right now. I can see how that Landorus can pack a punch early game if you draw it, however.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Each of these decks include Strategies that make them ok, however, Genesect was used with Virizion EX so I wonder how this will work.
I'm not sure what the actual deck boxes, including their respective "Strategies" will be, but I expect Landorus EX will be "great" again like it was when I ran it years ago.

I'm not incredibly fond of these cards. I honestly feel that we have plenty of better options available right now. I can see how that Landorus can pack a punch early game if you draw it, however.
However??? Please expound further.

IMO, should the future Landorus EX be available for Standard format play, it would clearly be the best F Pokémon in the current format and related decks would be formidable. Again, IMO. I already currently play a Fighting deck (featuring Landorus EX) online in Expanded format games and I win 90%+ with it.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep

Landorus is still a good card honestly. Made even better with Choice Band. You've got laserbank, strong energy, fighting stadium, choice band or even FFB if you'd like. It's yet another good choice of cards much like the Keldeo/Rayquaza and even the Mewtwo/Darkrai decks.

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
Looks like Pokemon wants to make more of these. They do sell. The first two were ok, Keldeo V Rayquaza is probably still a decent buy, and the new one releasing the 16th looking good. (I got my eye on the alternate art Sycamore)

"LOOK MA IT HAS FOUR EXs" -The kid in Target standing near me at the card section

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
Potential relevance - looks like beach got unbanned in japan. Previously it was banned for a limited supply of the card, this could be a possible alternate art source print?

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
Oh sweet! Can't wait to grabble this up when it comes out. I love me some Holo Energies. The decks will hopefully be promising too, so more into my staples binder.

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Definitely going to get this. Two great EX's and a alternate art for my favorite supporter delinquent! Also idk why but its funny to me that the Landorus deck box and the coin have the same art.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Definitely going to get this. Two great EX's and a alternate art for my favorite supporter delinquent! Also idk why but its funny to me that the Landorus deck box and the coin have the same art.

Snap lol such a great card, gutted we will prob never get a full art version now :(

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
It would be cool if they start adding ace specs to these decks, that will be cool, especially since the cards are from the black and white era