News Pokémon Changing How Reprints Are Printed, Likely No 'Best of XY' Set

These will go into my Promo binder, just in a new section. Where does it say the Spirit Link will be a promo?

Can we get a pic of the Spirit Link?

Last edited:
Those full arts are going in my full art section if I can get the money together to get the darn thing. Those two alternate art trainers will go in the promo area, such as it is lol.

I'm so confused. So does this mean that we can't use cards in Standard even if they have the "Alternate" symbol on the bottom corner?

Will the Secret Rare FA Shaymin and Yveltal be reprinted like this in English? For the sake of my card pokedex, I hope so...

this sounds ridiculous. if they have 'new art', then they are not 'reprints', they are promos, its how its normally been done, you cant just throw some promos into a set that is already complete and out of standard... but yet they are doing it... im not even a player, and this process, making the lucario spirit link, useless, just adds to my opinion.

I like how they organized it. Not giving us another XY set is probably for the best too. The real question is how we collectors will go about organizing the cards in our collection binders...

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion on organization! That will help a lot for future reference. Also these cards have some absolutely beautiful card art! Can't wait to get my hands on that Sycamore and Zygarde!

this sounds ridiculous. if they have 'new art', then they are not 'reprints', they are promos, its how its normally been done, you cant just throw some promos into a set that is already complete and out of standard... but yet they are doing it... im not even a player, and this process, making the lucario spirit link, useless, just adds to my opinion.
Well its actually quite simple, a card that is a reprint with a different art is not considered a promo anymore. This is great news for all of us, they can now add as many old cards as they want in boxes without having to put them in standard by just giving them a slightly different art. The lucario spirit link cannot be added into the set it should have been from. They can also do whatever they want, this is actually the best way they could have approached this, as this basically sets them up with this for a long time. If they had just given us a pre rotated set, they could only use it once. This is like another set of promos that rotates whenever the card its attached to gets rotated. Its amazing!

I drew this for you.
Mourning some freshly sleeved Shaymins.

It really is a Shaym... Though now I won't have to switch them back and forth between my standard and expanded decks at least...!

Thanks... The hurt is real.

A game should never be an investment.

I hope they are reprinted so I can find them as a promo, in a deck, or as some other guaranteed way. Didn't open any on the first go-round.

Games are always investment. Anything you buy is an investment. The worth at the end is the amount the game was used. I never really got to use them at official tournaments, but I did get to use them at work a lot so its great.

So I understand, kinda hurts, but I understand it.

And so, I decided if I have 4 Trainers' Mail, different art, different rarity, I choose to collect all 4 instead. The art is so precious

Last edited:
Truely this new system makes me happy expanded still exist and some of the FA Supporters that we are getting are gonna be legal for another year anyway but this way it's only a year and not like 3.

Back