• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Accelgor / Trevenant

Micajah

Mewtwo is the best...don't lie to yourself
Pokémon:
  • 3 Phantump BKP
  • 3 Trevenant XY
  • 2 Trevenant Break BKP
  • 3 Shelmet PLB
  • 3 Accelgor
  • 2 Mew EX
  • 1 Duskull FLF
  • 1 Dusclops BCR
  • 1 Dusknoir BCR
  • 1 Wobbafett PHF
  • 1 Shaymin EX ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professer Juniper PLB
  • 2 N NVI
  • 1 Colress PLS
  • 2 Skyla BCR
  • 1 Xerosic PHF
  • 1 Wally ROS
  • 1 Lysandre FLF
  • 4 VS Seeker PHF
  • 3 Level ball AOR
  • 2 Ultra Ball DEX
  • 2 Muscle Band XY
  • 4 Float Stone PLF
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Tropical Beach BWPr
  • 2 Dimension Valley PHF
  • 1 Computer Search BCR
Energy:
  • 2 Psychic Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

Get out accelgor and Trevanant and start using Deck and Cover to go into the tree so you can item lock. Then use dusknoir to put the damage where ever? Trevenant Break is in the deck to help with VIR/GEN and to help get more damage on the board.

Thoughts?

A few thoughts for your consideration:

Your 1-1-1 Dusknoir is not reliable consistently across many games, especially without Rare Candy. Should any of these Pokemon is prized, you could very easily lose this Pokemon line for the entire game.

A T1 Item-lock can really be disruptive. From my experience in running a Trevenant deck, when I item-lock my opponents T1, my chances of winning the game increase significantly.

Incorporating an AZ can help with wounded Poke and/or Shaymin recovery and reuse.

4 Float Stone seem excessive.

Following are some suggested deck changes:

-1 Duskull
-1 Dusclops
-1 Dusknoir
-1 Skyla - 1 should be sufficient
-2 Float Stone - 2 should be sufficient

+1 Phantump - will increase consistency
+1 Shelmet - will increase consistency and you want one of these benched ready to receive an available Accelgor
+2 Wally - enhances your chances of a T1 Item Lock
+1 AZ or Psychic

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I've found using forest of giant plants is great in this deck to get T1 deck and cover

You absolutely have to have Silent Lab in Expanded for against Virizion decks and Keldeo. Virbank is another great option.

Well considering that Micajah runs Trevenant Break the Silent Lab isn't a necessity. Also T1 Item-lock really hurts VG.

Well considering that Micajah runs Trevenant Break the Silent Lab isn't a necessity. Also T1 Item-lock really hurts VG.

I'm sorry, I just don't agree. I've played Accelgor variants for a very long time now and if there's one thing I've learned it's that when Virizion hits the board, you're in a very bad place. The inability to paralyze & poison ruins your damage output. Trevenant BREAK gets by on his own just fine because of Burst Balloon, which this deck cannot afford to play (and it doesn't make sense w/ paralysis anyway). Also please keep in mind you can see Virizion outside of VG as well (think fairies or anything else grass/colorless based). Additionally, Keldeo has also always caused problems for Accelgor as well, and it gets splashed into almost everything.

Honestly, I just don't think Accelgor is a great play due to those two cards (Virizion & Keldeo), but if you really want to play it, my advice is that you need some form of ability lock (Garbordor/Silent Lab/Hex Maniac) to make it viable.

You absolutely have to have Silent Lab in Expanded for against Virizion decks and Keldeo. Virbank is another great option.
I played silent lab in this deck for a long time, but it would keep putting me in awkward situations where I couldn't attack w/ Mew.

I played silent lab in this deck for a long time, but it would keep putting me in awkward situations where I couldn't attack w/ Mew.

Believe me, I understand that. But not being able to attack with Mew is an inconvenience, whereas squaring off againt Virizion and/or Keldeo EX is game-losing.

To be clear, I don't even necessarily think Silent Lab would win you those games, but I think its your best shot. I honestly don't think the deck is a viable option to go far in a tournament, as its hard counters are simply too frequently played.

Accelgor DE is one of my favorite cards ever printed, and I love decks based off of it, which is why I'm providing input, but being objective I don't think the deck will do terribly well.

What about with the new leaf type Phantump and forest? 2 Wobbuffets would be good replacements for dusknoir. I think this deck could crush it having both options ability and item lock at it's disposal and the new leaf type phantump in addition to forest should give another way to evolve on T1 outside of the 2 Wally. You could T1 Trevenant Break using FOGP and then a Wally (too bad you wouldn't be able to attack)

Believe me, I understand that. But not being able to attack with Mew is an inconvenience, whereas squaring off againt Virizion and/or Keldeo EX is game-losing.

To be clear, I don't even necessarily think Silent Lab would win you those games, but I think its your best shot. I honestly don't think the deck is a viable option to go far in a tournament, as its hard counters are simply too frequently played.

Accelgor DE is one of my favorite cards ever printed, and I love decks based off of it, which is why I'm providing input, but being objective I don't think the deck will do terribly well.

I agree with this. I have been running this version of Accelgor / Wobbuffet and it is downright amazing. Fortunately, I haven't run into Vir / Gen yet and I think it would be a bad match up. That said, that's why that deck is running a Tauros GX. There are times you need an alternate strategy to win and Tauros has won me several games I would have lost for sure without it.

Basically, I say this as a way to suggest looking for that alternate 1 of attacker as another way to deal with threats like Vir / Gen rather than messing too much with the stadiums. I honestly think you should probably go with at least a 3 count of Virbank City Gym over the 2 you chose even with the increased pressure to get energy attached because Trevenant still isn't intended to be your primary attacker. It is meant to be secondary / emergency. That probably means you need to add another 1-2 Psychic energy to the deck list as well, but it is something you probably need to do. The added 30, 60, 90+ damage from VCG is invaluable for Accelgor and giving it up just so you can attack with a less efficient attacker seems like a bad idea. Deck and Cover with Accelgor / Mew EX is your bread and butter. It is how you win games with this deck. I think you need to focus on that.

Back