Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2017 - PokéDex Colours - Results Are Up!

Weavile is the example in the OP for good reason; even though it's a Dark/Ice type, it can't be used :)

What if the Pokemon had its listed color changed? Like Deerling was yellow and then was changed to pink, so it could be Electric and Fairy? Or Vivillon was black and changed to white, so it could be Dark and Normal.

I've already started on my entry so I'm not planning on doing this, I just like to throw around ideas.

What if the Pokemon had its listed color changed? Like Deerling was yellow and then was changed to pink, so it could be Electric and Fairy? Or Vivillon was black and changed to white, so it could be Dark and Normal.

I've already started on my entry so I'm not planning on doing this, I just like to throw around ideas.
The most current version of the list should be used. Deerling should be a [Y]-type, and Vivillon should be a [C]-type. :)

Crawdaunt - Edited.png

I am from Singapore and we have this great dish called Chili Crab. Spicy and sweet, it is a fantastic dish that any visitor to Singapore should try. My love for this dish extends to this month's CAC submission.

With a spicy crab dish comes an equally spicy Fire-Type crab: Chili's Crawdaunt EX.

The Spicy Fire type trainer brings with him a food inspired Pokemon. With moves inspired by previous Crawdaunts like Crawdaunt (Legends Awakened LA 22) and Crawdaunt ex (Holon Phantoms HP 99) and a reckless fire type move, this Crawdaunt is one bound by rage and bent on revenge on the one who cooked him.

Last edited:
I had an idea for this one, so sign me up for image, please.

NUy1_ashVjvZaQ6dj-Olsh9Ls3DQO_ZbKgpoW1c9epAbvXlnKQgG8o78At-54X_996M8roOA3auq8fApo35ITfwFJGaPCSdOxn1KLJ2lU6xbGRfxRq0kijybQRShp9cfIZDVi8HnmHlPTeyNqcl5uvpIzLUarZVP5YIjpqjj91A-2Jq2UIEwbpDBBFwTDyuur3NSEJeiHtWqlts_3buJ36ce8qigTIyk_WFi9ZhLUQR7S6FvB8CbNgveOBJXH2s3kRMG_U1mHyvlDVUAtJEvp-JFKWfbiIZsN2oVW9m3rADS4WFcT1xDotX8te80Jn4sljeYjK_gA0Ug9WBOnKAyNsIUFa6beihixiYGOqSHSytJu2YCnU4iad0wudvmQgRzPiL2vauCnH571ttAEnc7_GZWBUxGNU60igJcXmjpHy86StZFQSp1nuZXVRS6PbrXW-8GxROdQQPRddPBzrKCLZXcpbUaTJIR_s7umLSYEnbM5V_gN6wlYCM75dr2UM9TZEUXz0COc6WjDw3xyMLQuIUpJj0iab27Yqwwm2gEBArPNikbbfuppSp0hvftQhYs5P205gVjZcz0vN9xGg_eFFOxqerb0K5MqkZADiBmtpYNiXw6Nm6G2zFM9c9yWP9HY8gSAYkFdIXxOMAAmOyMshBVxybB7FS2JyjKiijYyQ=w675-h950-no

Wasn't sure if I should pick Crawdaunt or Leavanny, but eh, I finally made a decision.

Leavanny / HP: 120 / Lightning
x5IlV45.png
~ Stage 2 | Evolves from Swadloon

542.png

[Ability] Storming Swarm
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for a Basic [L] Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[L] String Charge [20]
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched [L] Pokémon. Attach up to 2 [L] Energy cards from your discard pile to your new Active Pokémon.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]

..Wait, you're saying that's not a Crawdaunt?

You know, one change made to the TCG that has always kind of bugged me (as a non-player) was changing Poison Pokémon from Grass to Psychic. It makes no sense to me. What does Poison have to do with Psychic? Is it just because it's "the purple type"? Eh.

Well woo for taking things I don't like, and putting them to my advantage...

CaC Apr 2017.png
So what happens when you combine your common, harmless, innocent, garden-variety Rattata with plague and mass-disease? Absolute terror happens!

I mean Rattata are very very common rats*. Given rats' usual reputation for being plague carriers and general pests to be avoided, I couldn't resist.

*- No, I don't care that Rattata is officialy a "Mouse Pokémon", it's called "RATtata", and that's good enough for me. Bite me!

If it's not too late I'd love to take that last spot for image-based (assuming that's not a person called "THIS COULD BE YOU!")

It's amazing to see both the text-based and the image-based portions reach 15 sign ups! @Jabberwock has decided to increase the sign-ups to 20 spots for image-based, so with @MarshalBry's sign-up, there's still 5 more left. ^.^

Pidgeot-EX2.jpg

I wanted something simple to make and due to time, I couldn't draw a new image for the card so I reused old artwork I drew some years ago but I think it fits. This Pidgeot-EX is based on my Mega Pidgeot I use in the handheld games. TPC hasn't been kind to Pidgeot in the games since it was given Heatwave. Pidgeot needs Sing, Boomburst and Focus Blast so it can get around things that wall it like Wash Rotom and Metal-type Pokemon. Due to this, I had to breed a Pidgey with Hidden Power Ground so it could hit something if it had to. Pokemon like Heatran are 4x weak to Ground- type moves, which can deal up to 80% to offensive Trans and up to 50ish% damage to bulky builds, which is hard to overlook. It also lets her hit things like Magnazone hard too.

Since the TCG doesn't have every type in the game, I had to work with what I was given (rock types being fighting in the TCG) so there's odd Pokemon interaction like Machamp taking 60 more damage for no reason. I decided to make the Ability a way to hit types for Weakness and since this is the TCG, Lightning and Dark-type Pokemon also take 120 damage so this balances out.

The attack's damage is also a reference to the game. Hidden Power has a base power of 60, which was nerfed from a possible 70 in the earlier generation of games. I was going to give Hidden Power a effect but decided against it to keep it as close to the game as possible, U-Turn has a based power of 70 in the game and switches the user with a Pokemon in waiting so this is a 1:1 copy of the attack.

I didn't want anything to visually shining so I didn't used textures for the foil. As a matter of fact, I wanted it to look like the Neo block, where the foil on the card would sometimes show through the card layout and the artwork, which I always through was funny. It also let me use a foil sheet I haven't used ever so that was also fun.

Overall, the theme of making a Pokemon a type based on it's color in the PokeDex was a unique idea because I was able to represent my in-game Pidgeot as a TCG card. Hope you all like it!

8e8e86d75d.png
Sat down for several hours today and made something I can be happy entering. I felt like black was a natural colour as with the old Dark cards it seemed a good fit. Giratina is a Pokémon I really like already, so I felt as though I could do it justice (the AOR one being played in Turbo Dark seems to compliment this too).

Typically Giratina cards feature disruption/control so I wanted to make sure the card was no exception to this. Darksider is a neat little ability to compliment the low damage output of Giratina-EX, while Paradigm Purge is reminiscent of a mix of Seismitoad-EX and Jolteon-EX (however allowing you to still play essential parts of your deck!).

It was so hard to me to do either an [F]-type Ursaring or an [M]-type Donphan, since I like both 'mon. But in the end, I chose...

Donphan - Metal - HP130
Stage 1 - Evolves from Phanpy

96px-232Donphan.png

Ability: Coat of Arms
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s Basic Pokemon.

[M][M] Bulldoze 40

[F][F][F] Rollout 30+
This attack does 30 more damage for each [C] in your opponent’s active Pokémon’s retreat cost.

Weakness: [W]x2 Resistance: [L]-20 Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

Donphan's favorite attack is curling its body into a ball, then charging at its foe while rolling at high speed. Once it starts rolling, this Pokémon can't stop very easily.

I decided to do a card for Donphan because when it rolls up, it resembles a car tyre, hence the choice of the Pokemon-type combo. Bulldoze is [M]-type because of bulldozers and Rollout is an [F]-type attack because it's a tough attack to get out of in the games.

Donphan can learn both attacks by levelling up in the games.

My entry:
lucario_CACcompleteentry.png

Creds~
Art by Madareo/斑尾
Blank by PaulSnoops
Holosheets - Aschefield101 + Icycatelf
I was browsing the internet and when I found this art I knew it'd be a perfect fit for a water type Lucario (there's fish in its legs/arm/tail!) I don't really play the Pokemon TCG at all, but I tried to make a not boring card, although it might be OP? I dunno, I felt like the kinda high 120 damage for Crystal Sphere was justified considering it needs 3 different energy. And the ability makes you discard something first before getting an Energy. I tried to make the Energy Torrent and Crystal Sphere work together since it might be hard to get lucky and draw the Energies you need. Since this has been my first CAC entry in a long time, I really tried to make it look nice. I feel like I did ok with that :p Soooo yeah!

Also here's my entry without the drop shadow in case it's needed

Ah, I really love this theme, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to complete a card before the deadline... Hopefully there will still be an image-based spot around if I do end up having the time, otherwise there's always next month. :p

DMkGZ9s.png

I could meticulously check this card for errors, but where's the fun in that?

I felt like this would be a good fit for the theme, so here goes nothing!
Good Luck to everyone else participating.
Mimikyu GX [L] - HP180
Basic
#778 - Disguise Pokémon - 0'08" 1.5lbs
Ability: Mimichu
This Pokémon can use the attacks of all of your Pokémon in play with 'Pichu', 'Pikachu', or 'Raichu' in their name. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)
[C] [C] Fake thunderbolt: 20+
If Pikachu is on your Bench, this attack does 20 more damage. If Raichu is on your Bench, this attack does 20 more damage. You may discard as many [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon as you like. This attack does 10 more damage for each Energy discarded in this way.
[L] Mimi-charge GX
Search your deck for a number of [L] Energy up to the number of Pokémon you have in play with 'Pichu', Pikachu', or 'Raichu' in their name and attach them to your Mimikyu GX in any way you like. (you can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [F]X2 Resistance: [M]-20 Retreat: [C]
A lonely Pokémon, it conceals its terrifying appearance beneath an old rag so it can get closer to people and other Pokémon. If its neck is broken or its rag torn during an attack, it works through the night to patch it.
Not much to say on this one. Mimikyu was already imitating Pikachu, so why not imitate it's type? I built the card from that idea, and I feel it works well. While the normal attack is a little underpowered, I felt it would be able to utilize things like the many high energy attacks that promo Pikachus and Pikachu EXs have had in the past, as well as raichu''s Circle Circuit and so would still be able to form a strong core for a 'pika-box' styled deck. Sources were Reunicles (FCO 35), Mew EX (DRX 120), and Tauros-GX (SM 100). I used Serebii for the height, weight and pokedex. As a side note: As I'm Scottish, I really wanted to put the height and weight in M and KG but I didn't use the metric system as I wanted to be as accurate as possible to a real card.
Oh, and I know about the edit penalty. Forgot weakness and resistance :-/

Last edited:
I completely redid my entry because I grew bored. Maybe I shouldn't upload my cards so early haha. I'll take the minus two points.

Back