Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2017 - PokéDex Colours - Results Are Up!

Okay I had this here, ready to post for hours from not knowing whether or not I had actually obtained a spot in this month's CAC, until I counted and realized I was. There seriously need to be more text-based spots since they're so high-demand. But anyways, here's my entry. Hope you like it! :D

Morelull HP: 60 - Psychic
Basic Pokémon
morelull.png

[P] Lavender Spores
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokémon is now Asleep. If tails, your opponent's active Pokémon is now Confused.

[P][C] Spore Scatter
This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]

Pokédex: It scatters spores that flicker and glow. Anyone seeing these lights falls into a deep slumber.
Thoughts:
Yes it's a Basic Pokémon. I seem to enjoy making them, at least for these CACs. I guess I'll keep that trend up, because I like how this turned out. In my opinion I've improved quite a bit from the very first fake card I made as my submission for last month's CAC, but we'll see about that when the scores come out in May...

For Lavender Spores, I wasn't going to just have it cause sleep on the opponent's active Pokémon. The Morelull in SM and pretty much every single Morelull card to the end of time will have a move like that. That's why I threw in Confusion, since many spore-like moves have been able to confuse in the past, and Psychic types are super well known for confusing their opponents and this Morelull is a Psychic type. Why not make it both? It only makes it fit the Psychic type theme more.

Then there's Spore Scatter, which I think fits Morelull very well. Since it scatters its spores, it's not using them to attack directly, which is why I figured something a little more indirect made sense for this one, which is why it hits only Benched Pokémon only.

References:
Alolan Grimer (SuMo) #57, Umbreon GX (SuMo) #80, Snubbull (SuMo) #90

EDIT: Put the wrong Weakness there. I'll take the 2 point deduction.

Last edited:
It's also Easter so have bunnies.

Lopunny - 90 HP - Fighting
Stage 1 - Evolves from Buneary

Ability: Springy Steps
When this Pokemon attacks, you may choose to attack 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon instead of their Active Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon).

[F][F] Flop Off 30
You may switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[F][C][C] Charming Cry 80-
Before dealing damage, your opponent may discard as many cards from their hand as they like. For each card they discard, this attack does 10 less damage.

Weakness - [P]
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - 1

Unfortunately @rainyman123 took the final spot for the text-based portion available. However, you could take a shot at the image-based portion! We've got many resources and guides to walk you through on making image-based cards. ^.^
If text based is full then, Could you sign me up for image based, i will do my best!

EDIT:
I have a question: Are we allowed to make GX's for image based?
If it is explained somewhere please tell me. Not trying to spam.
Also are there any artists available? just wondering.

If text based is full then, Could you sign me up for image based, i will do my best!

EDIT:
If it is explained somewhere please tell me. Not trying to spam.

GX are definitely allowed. Pretty much anything you want is allowed :p

I can art if you need? To be clear, I am no use for the actual drawing of the image part. But if you can find an image you are happy with and allowed to use by the artist, I am good enough with Photoshop to put all the pieces together and add the symbols & wording etc. Just give me clear directions of what you want to put together and we can work from there. PM me!

Yup! That's totally fine, if you can find some blanks that you like. Aschefield has made public all the FullArt and Rainbow GX blanks, but he hasn't completed the standard ones just yet.

We've got a compilation of artists who have given their permission for the entire faking community to use their art on cards. You can also take a look at the galleries in the Creative Works or check out DeviantArt for artists, but don't forget to ask their permission specfically, if they're not on the aforelinked list.

I can art if you need? To be clear, I am no use for the actual drawing of the image part. But if you can find an image you are happy with and allowed to use by the artist, I am good enough with Photoshop to put all the pieces together and add the symbols & wording etc. Just give me clear directions of what you want to put together and we can work from there. PM me!
We'd call this a collaboration, which is fine in the Create-A-Card Competition! Some of our highest scoring entries have been collaborations, after all. @pokesage101 can design the spoiler (i.e. the text-based fake) and you could make it into an image-based fake, if you both agree to that. ^.^

Yup! That's totally fine, if you can find some blanks that you like. Aschefield has made public all the FullArt and Rainbow GX blanks, but he hasn't completed the standard ones just yet.

We've got a compilation of artists who have given their permission for the entire faking community to use their art on cards. You can also take a look at the galleries in the Creative Works or check out DeviantArt for artists, but don't forget to ask their permission specfically, if they're not on the aforelinked list.

We'd call this a collaboration, which is fine in the Create-A-Card Competition! Some of our highest scoring entries have been collaborations, after all. @pokesage101 can design the spoiler (i.e. the text-based fake) and you could make it into an image-based fake, if you both agree to that. ^.^
Thanks!:D
By the way, i am not going to Collaborate just to be clear.

Last edited:
Ok, here's my entry! It's a BW/XY Era card.

MEGA-Evolves from Charizard-EX-Dark-HP230

When 1 of your Pokémon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokémon, your turn ends.

[D][C] Night Wing Strike 20x Damage
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of [D] Energy attached to all Pokémon.

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
Delphox (FCO 13)

Marshadow HP 120 Metal
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Spectral Guard
Prevent 60 damage done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon with any Special Energy attached to them.

[M][M][M] Unyielding Strike 70+
If the Defending Pokémon has any Tool cards attached to it, this attack does 80 more damage and discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: 2
Marshadow's des colour is grey, thus Marshadow is a steel type for this contest. Steel types generally play defensively, and this Marshadow plays both Defensively and offensively. Being able to discard a Tool card to do a Total of 150 damage is very very good, even if it is a pretty hefty attack cost. However, it's ability Spectral Guard makes it a little harder to KO for things that run a lot of Special Energy, such as Giratina or Mega Mewtwo. I decided to put its original typing of Ghost and Fighting kind of into this card in Spectral Guard and Unyielding Strike. This along with "Guard" and " Unyielding" made it seem more Steel-typy and also give off a sense of still being Ghost and Fighting. It is also I would assume quite a good card for a competitive competition too. I hope you find this card interesting! :D

GX are definitely allowed. Pretty much anything you want is allowed :p

If you want, I'd do a collaboration with you. I'd love to be in the contest, just don't know how to do the image-faking. It's kinda confusing for me, and I don't really have time o_O
Anyways, let me know! :)

ANNOUNCEMENT: @Luispipe8 had kindly decided that he will take 20 entries for the text-based portion this month! I'll be giving @John InCENAroar a spot, since he just missed out and hasn't signed up for another portion yet. That means there are four text-based spots up for grabs.

I'll sign up for image based. I may end up dropping because this month looks busy for me but I'll try for it anyway.

Put me in for Text based please. I promise to actually submit for this one rather than dropping

Hmm.. I have a question about using the right Weakness
Is the weakness based on the Pokémon's new typing or based on the old typing (like the Delta Species cards do)?

Back