News New 'Mega Powers Collection' in May Featuring Four New Full Arts!

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
It looks so nice!
I still can't believe they're packaging a FA Jolteon and M Manectric...
Pretty cool~

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
*HEAVY BREATHING*
These are very amazing promos. I will definitely invest in one of these when they release. It's sad they didn't reprint the base EXs for the Megas.

datoneguy760

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so since M Lucario is getting a new Promo number (presumably) on a technical stand point it is standard legal. Via Maxie's hidden ball trick. Unless an official statement is made saying promo numbers blah blah are not legal. I see no real reason as to why it wouldn't be.

eric2013264

Ray Bae
Wow EX cards in a GX world! Will EX cards continue to be released alongside of the Sun & Moon series? I'm limiting myself to collect only up to Sun & Moon but these EX promos really blur the line.

TheMagicKarp

Aspiring Trainer
Why would they reprint the megas but not the EXs to evolve into the megas? It would've changed the meta a lot, but it's still a good lookin' box.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually surprised we're even getting these at all. I'd have expected the new stuff from the Best of XY set to have just never been released here. Personally, I kinda wish they wouldn't have released them, if only because I'm not crazy on the Trainer's Mail reprint in the Trainer Kit. With solely what we've seen so far, I THINK I can live with it, but... If we get a reprint of regular Manectric-EX or Shaymin-EX or Forest of Giant Plants or something, I am not going to be happy.

Not exactly 100% on-topic with that rant, but yeah... Not too keen on non-Japan getting these kinds of reprints. It's not great from a game balance standpoint. There's a reason why rotations are a thing, and reprinting game-defining cards (not that Mega Lucario is one, but you get my point) defeats the purpose of that.

WastedSkyPirate

Will we be in a position where M Lucario and M Manectric are technically Standard Format legal but can't be used because their base EXs are Expanded only?

Messssssy...

These cards do look gorgeous though.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I love these FAs! (Even I don't play them) If I play Mega Manectric, where is Manectric? Same as Lucario?

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Are these the packs that are going to be in the box? If so, did anyone else notice that there are only XY era packs in it?

EDIT: yup one of each Standard XY pack

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I know that M-Luca and M-Manetric are going to be done by 5ban, no doubt about it. I'm just hoping that Zygarde and Jolteon are done by 5ban and not Ryo Ueda. It's hard to tell who did it...I'm going to assume it's going to be Ueda for Jolteon and 5ban for Zygarde, knowing how he does nearly all the Legendary full arts.

Why do I care so much about who does the FA's or not? Gosh, I'm such a nerd.

EDIT-Jolteon's art looks like it has Ueda's shading style. Oh well...Let's just hope he does less Full Arts in the future.