News 'Entei, Suicune, Raikou Pin Blisters' Product Image!

Nice i was nervouse we wouldnt get these pins from in sun and moon haha now we get the sicl crobat pin and the beasts. Freakin awesome!

I don't care about the legendary dogs that much. My brother (who has since stopped playing) had FireRed and liked Entei a lot, so I'll probably pick it up for him.

I don't care about the legendary dogs that much.
They aren't dogs at all, for the record. The 'Legendary Beasts' are designed after a combination of mythical deities and large wild cats. (Entei=Lion, Suicune=Leopard, Raikou=Sabretoothed Tiger) Still not sure why everyone thinks they are dogs.

They aren't dogs at all, for the record. The 'Legendary Beasts' are designed after a combination of mythical deities and large wild cats. (Entei=Lion, Suicune=Leopard, Raikou=Sabretoothed Tiger) Still not sure why everyone thinks they are dogs.
At least to me, they look like they're designed after foo dogs. Entei most of all and he has a strong presence when all three are lined up. So it makes dog qualities in the other two shine through. I never knew what they were actually based on though and seeing this list I can easily see the cats in them...still see foo dog in them though :p

That Suicune pin looks better than I expected!

I've always thought they all looked more like big cats than dogs, but I still prefer the term Beasts anyway.

At least to me, they look like they're designed after foo dogs. Entei most of all and he has a strong presence when all three are lined up. So it makes dog qualities in the other two shine through. I never knew what they were actually based on though and seeing this list I can easily see the cats in them...still see foo dog in them though :p
You are absolutely right. Entei is based on a foo dog. Except foo dog is an english term for the imperial chinese gaurdian lion statue. "Shi" translates directly into lion. So by saying you think it looks like a foo dog you are saying that you think it looks like a lion. Those statues you see are also cats that people seem to think are dogs. Pretty silly!

You are absolutely right. Entei is based on a foo dog. Except foo dog is an english term for the imperial chinese gaurdian lion statue. "Shi" translates directly into lion. So by saying you think it looks like a foo dog you are saying that you think it looks like a lion. Those statues you see are also cats that people seem to think are dogs. Pretty silly!
Those are some very dog like cats if they're supposed to be lions... *looks at images* Yeah, very dog like.

I always just found gaurdian lion statues to be really ugly and never made a connection to canines, haha.

My favourite group of legendary Pokémon :D especially Entei. Well, I like all of the Gen II legends tbh. I'll definitely be picking these up.

I find this a waste of money. After a while, you could just go out and buy a couple of these pins from your local Card shop.

I have just seen this variation of same product that looks like an upgrade into the Pin Collection boxes with addenum promo cards (although unlike the others these are reprints from variably recent XY sets). All of the links on Amazon and eBay UK that I've seen so far indicate these boxes are coming from German sellers as the cards emphasise this. I don't think it is usual for specific European countries to have exclusive variants on merch so I do wonder if these versions will hit the English soon.

Same here. Suicune kind of looks like a dog, and Entei a very little bit although the paws with the withdrawable nails give away its a cat.. But Raikou? 100% cat, so legendary cats would have been a lot more logical.

A lot of ''dog people'' among Pokemon fans, the only explanation ;)

lol @ 'dogs'.

I'm so excited for these to come out. Now I can finally put a Raikou pin on my work jacket. I'm not overly excited for the pack selection, but whatever.

Back