News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
It is. Lele doesn't speed up games. It gives you more outs to supporters, which are still one per turn. Decks will be more consistent, but not faster.

Gonna nitpick a little by saying that consistency naturally increases deck speed, but I get your point regardless.

I want to throw in my opinion on something no one seems to be mentioning much here and that is Golisopod. He's actually pretty dang sturdy for a Non-GX and he hits pretty hard considering. Granted, he's probably too inefficient right now considering we have so many potentially powerful decks out there right now, but still, 30 damage reduction and a natural 150 on to EX/GX Pokemon may be worth noting down the line as a Rogue Deck option.

-Asmer

squirtli

Gen 6 National Dex Complete!
So, anyone know places that'll be selling the Mallow deck box and Ninetales sleeves?

falcom4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Lele-GX is incredibily scary.

I can see it played it with Lunala-GX.
Imagine you already have Mystery Energies and Psy Energies in the field.
You drop your Tapu Lele-GX, search for Lysandre with the ability or whatever Supporter you need this very turn. Puting Tapu Lele-GX active is no big deal, due to Lunala-GX ability/Mystery Energy combo.
You play your Lysandre and chose the most convenient victim, then you can move the energies and seek the perfect numbers for the KO.

Since it has no weakness, it's obviously difficult to knock out. If they can't one shot you, you just need to move the energies and use Max Potion.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Ugh... Tapu Lele is way too OP to me. I could see decks that are based off of using 4 of them in conjunction with tons of various support mechanisms. I say this because of how many Supporters in this format can mess up an opponents strategy, like Delinquent, Lysandre, Ace Trainer, Hex Maniac, Flare Grunt, and even Skull grunt. Playing this Tapu instantly adds one of them to your hand to easily troll opponents. It is no benchsitter either - one could make it the main attacker for a Decidueye-GX deck.

I just hope they don't make a supporter that it could too easily abuse. ._.

TotoBoss

Kappa
I quite like Mallow, I think it could be used in combination with Unown in decks to get specific cards. 1 Example I can think of would be Vespiquen which can use Mallow to search for DCE and then Unown to draw it. I like it :D

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
If only Whiscash required one colorless energy less. Could be a nice rogue deck. Use Mallow to put two energies on top of you deck, slap a Strong Energy and Choice Band on Whiscash and knock pretty much anything out.

Special Riolu

Aspiring Trainer
My guess as to why mallow does what it does, maybe she is cooking something and it needs to be on the top? Anyways. i think that the whiscash is a pretty odd typing, just doesnt fit the artwork very well. But a type is a type, and ground is one of em'

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, a reprint of that old Skyridge (I think, might have been Aquapolis though). Its hard to say how good this is gonna be, but it certainly could see some use as long as Shaymin in the format. Other than that however, for this card to really be good, there needs to be some draw-power that does NOT come from supporters. I do though, really love the art on this card, that's something that will never get old despite how much the metagame changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see it used in Typhlosion though, as its a guaranteed 160 damage.

EDIT: Skyridge Oracle, that's which supporter it was.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
supposed mallow could be paired with oranguru, octillery, shaymin ex, or the alolan sandslash in the next set to make mallow useful.

could also be paired with poke like the new whiscash for a guaranteed big hit, but that's a large energy attachment for whiscash to use its second attack.

iwantcandy2

Aspiring Trainer
Thank goodness for that Oracle reprint. I'm building a Pokemon cube and I wanted that card, but it's kind of hard to find and a little pricey. Now I have a way better option.

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
I'm happy to see that Mallow was made into an apparently playable card. Hopefully she will be getting a full art! A smart player is going to use N after their opponent plays Mallow, but if you can combine her with some non-Supporter draw, you have a powerful effect. Vespiquen is going to love this card. There is obvious synergy with Unown AOR, as well as Shaymin-EX and even Acro Bike if you use it wisely.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Mallow could be a great combo with Shaymin / Octillary, but is probably not better than teammates (both situational). Might be a 1-of that could be good but would get cut a lot.

Wiscash wishes it was Typhlosion.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Mallow's interesting. It's like they wanted to bring back PokéDex but at the same time didn't want to bring back PokéDex

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
Mallow is incredibly average, especially for a Supporter. Shame with Whiscash, sadly.

Oh well. I wouldn't mind buying a Full Art Mallow for the looks, anyway. She's cute, at least.

-Asmer

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS
  • Whiscash - It can be good but not enough.
  • Mallow - A "1 per deck" card. Good thing to get Shaymins easily ;)