• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Trevenant BREAK / Lugia-EX / Espeon-EX

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so here is my go at A trevenant break deck. The set up is actually really fast, since you can evolve first turn (if you go second) with phantumps ability. I've won quite a few with this deck (I have around 70 plays with it and have tweaked it to the best that I can come up with) Most of all the wins were from forfeit though. (most of them would have won if they just kept playing) Trevenants break is decent, but not really that amazing. I've considered Gengar, but thats adding an entire stage 2 evolution. The deck works very well, except there is NO stopping power...

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Phantump (BP64)
  • 3 Trevenant (XY57)
  • 3 Trevenant Break
  • 1 Lugia-EX (AO94)
  • 1 Espeon-EX (BP117)
  • 1 Shaymin-EX (RS106)
  • 2 Remoraid (BT32)
  • 2 Octillery (BT33)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 2 Brigette (BT161)
  • 3 Delinquent (BP98) or 3 Wally (RS107) --- Either work great in this deck.
  • 2 Lysandre (FF104)
  • 2 Misty's Determination (BP104)
  • 1 Skyla (BP122)
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Red Card
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Crushing Hammer or 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Switch or 1 Escape rope
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Dimensional Valley
Energy: 11
  • 2 Mystery Energy
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Psychic Energy
Strategy:
Octillery counts as all of your draw support, I've ran it with sycamore, bitch, shauna, and Psychic's and have found I literally never used them. So I opted to take them out completely and it works very well. I have no issues with draw support. If i can keep a consistent loop with lysandre (I usually grab shaymin) i've won. Thats not always possible though.

Red card + Delinquent its pretty nasty. If you haven't tried it, you really should.

I've considered adding mewtwo. May try it later. Any advice is appreciated!

Some tips if you are going to try this deck out:
-Octillery always takes priority! get him out of the hot zone, and use ball / misty for him first.

-Trevenants really like the way shaymins taste! remember they can't use switch, so they have to AZ and waste their supporter, or waste an energy to retreat. lysandre a shaymin, or something heavy (Trevenant is also a chubby chaser).

-You generally want to go second. (Unless of course you are using Wally over Delinquent) Pay attention to what types your opponents deck consists of!
Use Phantumps ability to evolve on your first turn.

-Mega/rare candy decks - your best bet is to empty their hand with delinquent, and hold onto your megaphone. If its a mega (any mega deck really), get Espeon on the bench asap. Don't put lugia on the bench vs manectric decks! they are going to lysandre as much as possible to get rid of trevenants ability.

-Mystery energies are in the deck mainly for espeon-ex use. Leave Trevenant up as long as possible. Even if hes going to kick the bucket. You should always have a trevenant waiting.

-Shaymin is a last resort card. Don't set him on the bench unless necessary.

-Play red card and Delinquent in unison. Leaving the opponent with 1 card.

-Lugia-EX is your backup, Requiring 1 Double Colorless energy to set up. Lugia-ex is used more as a bluff or a backup (although he can do some very nice damage damage) against High HP decks such as Mega decks. Lugia should not take priority. This deck Is designed to lock them, not knock them out in a single turn.

Last edited:

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Hi Greg!

So I really like the deck concept! It seems like a great idea, but here are somethings to look out for.

Banette - It's a potential card in Vespiquen decks so be careful about it as it will prevent you from evolving in to Octillery.

Hex Maniac- Another card that is usually played in most decks now and days and it will completely shut you out of all your draw support so be careful of this too.

Zoroark/Yveltal - Any deck consisting of them will give you a rough time as they can potentially one shot your Treveant easily.

Mega Manectric - Is another potential threat is it can possibly out set you up despite of Crushing Hammer since it's a coin flip.

With that said, here are some cards you can possibly take out and here is why:

Dimension Valley - While it's a staple in the deck, four is not needed in my opinion and could be dropped down to either two or three.

Trevenant Break - While I agree the HP and it's attack is solid, if you feeling like you're slipping somewhere then you can drop this card to two.

With that said, I feel like this deck is rather tight on space in general and theirs not much you could change up other than counts or adding cards like Enhanced Hammer or more VS Seeker.

I hope this helps! good luck and have fun!

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Greg!

So I really like the deck concept! It seems like a great idea, but here are somethings to look out for.

Banette - It's a potential card in Vespiquen decks so be careful about it as it will prevent you from evolving in to Octillery.

Hex Maniac- Another card that is usually played in most decks now and days and it will completely shut you out of all your draw support so be careful of this too.

Zoroark/Yveltal - Any deck consisting of them will give you a rough time as they can potentially one shot your Treveant easily.

Mega Manectric - Is another potential threat is it can possibly out set you up despite of Crushing Hammer since it's a coin flip.

With that said, here are some cards you can possibly take out and here is why:

Dimension Valley - While it's a staple in the deck, four is not needed in my opinion and could be dropped down to either two or three.

Trevenant Break - While I agree the HP and it's attack is solid, if you feeling like you're slipping somewhere then you can drop this card to two.

With that said, I feel like this deck is rather tight on space in general and theirs not much you could change up other than counts or adding cards like Enhanced Hammer or more VS Seeker.

I hope this helps! good luck and have fun!

This is good advice!
Banette is a worry, but its a little rare. I'll have to see what future decks hold.

-Hex maniac is brutal for this deck. I'm seeing it more and more as well. I'm also worried for garbordor, since he is back in this standard rotation. Delinquent is usually pretty good at getting rid of the the hex maniacs though, as most people don't play it as a priority card. With trevenant they can't vs. seeker it out of the discard, so It's really dependent on how far the opponent thinks ahead.

I have no idea how to deal with zoroarks. They have been a problem. My only hope vs zoroak is to take it out before it evolves. I've run into quite a few yevltal decks. Yveltal, is not usually that big of an issue, as long as I have lugia on the bench. Alot of people completely avoid the trevenant and lysandre the lugia, or just keep the yveltal on the bench all together since lugia kinda trumps yveltal. It's really a mental game, as this deck is basically one big bluff.

-Manectrics.... I'm 50/50 on wins with them. Sometimes they get the jump on me. The only things that I can think of for them is adding another Megaphone or head ringers. Espeon is my star player for these decks.... with dimensional valley I don't need to put an energy on her. With her de-evolve, megaphone, and delinquent ..I can really put a kink in their strategy. It's completely dependent on what I start with :(

-I'm willing to drop a dimensional valley, I can't go down to 2 though, since delinquent eats stadiums. What are you thoughts on adding a teammates? Seems like a good insurance if they knock out my trevenant early, so I can get a lugia and a dbc. I'm weary on adding supporters since octillery is my only draw support and a hand full of supporters means no draw support.

Also, considering dropping a Misty for skyla.

The hardest deck though, hands down, are entei decks. The new Fighting belt makes them waaay to strong. I thnk everyone is probably having trouble with entei decks though.

So maybe:
-1 break
-1 dimensional valley

Possible swaps:
+megaphone
+head ringer
+enhanced hammers
+teammates
+vs seeker
+skyla
+puzzle of time??
+Muscle bands ??

I'll try a few combinations and post how it go's
Sorry for wall of text, thanks so much for your advice.
I'm also trying to put together a Celebi promo/gourgeist/BP aegislash deck, that I could really use some help on. I'll post it up in a bit, if you wouldn't mind looking at it :)

If anyone has advice on a pokemon that can help with stopping power im all ears!
i'm considering the mewtwo promo possibly?

Last edited:

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
What do you mean stopping power?
something to knock out the big guys.

since last post I have swapped a couple cards with pretty good results
I tried teammates, its just to situational, I would have to add more vs seekers for it, and as it is the vs seekers seem to be doing fine.

-1 misty/+1 skyla
-1Dimensional Valley/+1 phantump

The extra phantmp is great, since starting with phantump is your goal.
The skyla makes up for misty for when I need that specific card asap. and helps to grab ultra ball for shaymin in case I start with a horrid hand.

Destinyninja

Aspiring Trainer
What about gengar ex?

Also I don't like Brigette in this maybe wally instead or both some how...

Def needs wally tho

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
What about gengar ex?

Also I don't like Brigette in this maybe wally instead or both some how...

Def needs wally tho
phantumps attack evolves him on first turn, then I can break on second turn. If it were not for that attack then wally for sure.

Brigette is almost essential. I would only consider maybe trading one for pokemon fan club. Which I have, and they kinda work the same. No real noticeable difference.

Actually I kinda like the idea of gengar. hit, poison, and swap back to trevenant. i would have to trade out the switch and a phantump for float stones, but that may just work

I'll definately give it a try. Good advice thank you.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
This is good advice!
Banette is a worry, but its a little rare. I'll have to see what future decks hold.

-Hex maniac is brutal for this deck. I'm seeing it more and more as well. I'm also worried for garbordor, since he is back in this standard rotation. Delinquent is usually pretty good at getting rid of the the hex maniacs though, as most people don't play it as a priority card. With trevenant they can't vs. seeker it out of the discard, so It's really dependent on how far the opponent thinks ahead.

I have no idea how to deal with zoroarks. They have been a problem. My only hope vs zoroak is to take it out before it evolves. I've run into quite a few yevltal decks. Yveltal, is not usually that big of an issue, as long as I have lugia on the bench. Alot of people completely avoid the trevenant and lysandre the lugia, or just keep the yveltal on the bench all together since lugia kinda trumps yveltal. It's really a mental game, as this deck is basically one big bluff.

-Manectrics.... I'm 50/50 on wins with them. Sometimes they get the jump on me. The only things that I can think of for them is adding another Megaphone or head ringers. Espeon is my star player for these decks.... with dimensional valley I don't need to put an energy on her. With her de-evolve, megaphone, and delinquent ..I can really put a kink in their strategy. It's completely dependent on what I start with :(

-I'm willing to drop a dimensional valley, I can't go down to 2 though, since delinquent eats stadiums. What are you thoughts on adding a teammates? Seems like a good insurance if they knock out my trevenant early, so I can get a lugia and a dbc. I'm weary on adding supporters since octillery is my only draw support and a hand full of supporters means no draw support.

Also, considering dropping a Misty for skyla.

The hardest deck though, hands down, are entei decks. The new Fighting belt makes them waaay to strong. I thnk everyone is probably having trouble with entei decks though.

So maybe:
-1 break
-1 dimensional valley

Possible swaps:
+megaphone
+head ringer
+enhanced hammers
+teammates
+vs seeker
+skyla
+puzzle of time??
+Muscle bands ??

I'll try a few combinations and post how it go's
Sorry for wall of text, thanks so much for your advice.
I'm also trying to put together a Celebi promo/gourgeist/BP aegislash deck, that I could really use some help on. I'll post it up in a bit, if you wouldn't mind looking at it :)

If anyone has advice on a pokemon that can help with stopping power im all ears!
i'm considering the mewtwo promo possibly?

Teammates is a solid option in my opinion because Shaymin and Tevenant are low HP and can be hit easily so it's always a good option to put in. Skyla could work as well since you're not using any real draw support if you're feeling like you are whiffing cards that you need a fair amount of time.

Head Ringer is an amazing option for this deck as it'd force your opponent to waste more energy on a single Pokemon, you'd just have to be wary of Yveltal EX and Lugia EX. VS Seeker in my opinion should always be ran at least three in most cases that way you can reuse cards like Lysandre more and more.

Judge would also be another good option as you're forcing your opponent to four cards as well and since you have Octillery you're not really hurting yourself anyways.

Muscle Band is a possible cards as well as Fighting Spirit Belt, it comes down to what you want more, HP and Damage or an extra 20 damage.

Puzzle of Time I don't think would work a whole lot as it'd be to much to run in this deck I feel like but it'd be a good thing to try.

Misty is a good card, but you may need to swap one or two out to be more aggressive if you feel to passive.

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
Teammates is a solid option in my opinion because Shaymin and Tevenant are low HP and can be hit easily so it's always a good option to put in. Skyla could work as well since you're not using any real draw support if you're feeling like you are whiffing cards that you need a fair amount of time.

Head Ringer is an amazing option for this deck as it'd force your opponent to waste more energy on a single Pokemon, you'd just have to be wary of Yveltal EX and Lugia EX. VS Seeker in my opinion should always be ran at least three in most cases that way you can reuse cards like Lysandre more and more.

Judge would also be another good option as you're forcing your opponent to four cards as well and since you have Octillery you're not really hurting yourself anyways.

Muscle Band is a possible cards as well as Fighting Spirit Belt, it comes down to what you want more, HP and Damage or an extra 20 damage.

Puzzle of Time I don't think would work a whole lot as it'd be to much to run in this deck I feel like but it'd be a good thing to try.

Misty is a good card, but you may need to swap one or two out to be more aggressive if you feel to passive.

Ok so I have tried all kinds of combinations, and I ended up sticking closer to my original deck. I'm becoming more experienced with this deck, and opponents using unfamiliar cards, so it seems to be working pretty well.

I've tried teammates, muscle bands, judge, gengar, float stones, puzzles, fury belts. Really most of everything you can think of. I have about 150+ plays, and around 100 wins.

edits:
-1 Dimensional valley/+1 Phantump
-1 Misty/+1 Skyla

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Ok so I have tried all kinds of combinations, and I ended up sticking closer to my original deck. I'm becoming more experienced with this deck, and opponents using unfamiliar cards, so it seems to be working pretty well.

I've tried teammates, muscle bands, judge, gengar, float stones, puzzles, fury belts. Really most of everything you can think of. I have about 150+ plays, and around 100 wins.

edits:
-1 Dimensional valley/+1 Phantump
-1 Misty/+1 Skyla

That's really the best thing you can do is play it over and over, especially with such a tight deck list. This may sound silly, but if need be, you may be able to take out the Espeon EX or Lugia EX for a Wobuffett as it can save you some plays as you don't run Hex Maniac, the only issue of this is that you'd be locking yourself out of draw support so you'd need to be careful, if you did that though, you'd need to replace Switch for a Float Stone in my Opinion.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Greg,

Nice concept. Consider to run Professor Sycamore since he is the best draw card out there. Also consider to use the Battle Compressor engine and a more teched our supporter line. With three Battle Compressor and three to four Trainer's Mail you can discard a lot of tech supporter with ease and access them with four Vs Seeker. It makes the deck a lot more consistant and allows you to run a more teched out supporter line at the same time.

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Greg,

Nice concept. Consider to run Professor Sycamore since he is the best draw card out there. Also consider to use the Battle Compressor engine and a more teched our supporter line. With three Battle Compressor and three to four Trainer's Mail you can discard a lot of tech supporter with ease and access them with four Vs Seeker. It makes the deck a lot more consistant and allows you to run a more teched out supporter line at the same time.

I considered adding in 1 sycamore, but this deck is so cramped on space, I wouldn't be able to add the retrieval items needed to properly run sycamore in the event I was forced to discard my entire hand. Draw support really does fine though. I think I hit a magic number somewhere. Theres never a hand where I can't increase my lead.

Oh and for the people who would prefer to use wally:

-3 Delinquent/ +3 Wally

It does have its merit being able to evolve first turn, and it adds a little more versatility for evolving remoraid. Give both a try, and see which works better for you!

Last edited:

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
How about Mewtwo EX as another quick attacker. You can also Psyburn with 2 psychic, in addition to the X Ball attack which synergises with your DCE well.
My idea is to use Espeon GX to sweep the field with Divide GX. Running 2-2 Espeon GX gives you a legitimate way to evolve both Trevenant XY and Espeon GX on turn 1 or 2. Starting Evee and attaching Psychic to evolve and using Wally to evolve Trevenant you could opt to retreat Espeon GX, which I believe to have a single retreat cost and item lock your opponent, or confuse their attacker, which could be a non evolving basic like Yveltal decks Seismitoad or Volcanion and so on.
My plan is 4-3-2 Trevenant Break (bkp-xy-bkp) 2-2 Espeon GX (sm1-sm1) 2 Mewtwo EX (nxd or ltr or bw45) and possibly 1-1 Alolan Muk but that would make too many pokemon I think.
Trevenant locks down and spreads damage until knocked out, either with Tree Slam or Silent Fear, then Espeon GX sweeps, or Espeon GX tanks, knocking Espeon GX likely makes Trevenant active.
I recommend Ghetsis as a one of. This would give you the option to remove all items from their hand in cases where you want to switch to one of your alternate attackers and break the item lock on your opponent. In many cases if you win the coin flip it can also be a devastating first turn supporter, being in many cases even more disruptive than red card.
I would opt for at a minimum 2 Wally so you can reliably item lock when going first.
Wally into Alolan Muk is also blatantly rude on turn 1.
Just some of the random thoughts on the same vein. Hope they are food for thought and not deranged ranting.