News More Than 80 New Johto Pokemon Coming to Pokemon GO!

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Exited to get out there and catch some more Pokemon. Finally can grab myself some Wooper and Quagsire and some Meganium if I can.
Also, do we have a date for it all yet?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
This is awesome. I needed some motivation to open the app more than once a day. Ever since Duel Links came out I've been wallowing away my time with that guilty pleasure.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Maybe it's just me, but I find it uncomfortable for them to move on to Johto without even releasing the Kanto Legendaries...

yu6

Demon Buster Trainee
And for the 2050 we will have trades and battles! XDD
Joke aside, I hope they will gift you one of the 3 starters and some Poké Balls....

TotoBoss

Kappa
I can't wait to get my hands on some Ampharos/Totodiles and what not! Generation 2 is my absolute favorite generation and I'm excited to go back out there and catch some Pokemon! :D

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Generation 2 is my absolute favorite generation

It should be.
Generation 2 is the "best version of the game Gamefreak could have made" on the Gameboy.
It is the game that everyone, even people who weren't born yet, compare with every new Pokémon game due to its length and depth, with good reason.
The remakes take all that and bring it to the cutting edge (again, at the time), creating a remake that adds to the franchise as well as the original game, rather than take several steps back for the sake of authenticity.
We owe a lot to RGBY, but we owe much more of today's fandom--breeding, mechanics, evolution lines, gameplay trends, moral ambiguity, stuff we no longer have like a plethora of postgame content, even trends in the TCG and anime--to gen 2.
Having fond memories of gen 1 and all its progeny, I can honestly say that schoolyard feeling that banks trillions of our nostalgia dollars resonates most with the release and support of Gold and Silver.

/drool

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Skarmory still has that floating glide animation. I really wish they would do away with that animation on the bird Pokemon. It just looks bad.

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
Scizor and cyndaquil are finally within reach but my login attempts still only result in "Unable to authenticate" or "login failed". My good scyther will never evolve at this rate. :(