News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Is that Aether Stadium before or after weakness? Before could be a big enough deal for Grass decks and as a late game stadium after the usefulness of FoGP has passed hmm.
I doubt it would be useful to most players as FoGP is used to ramp evolutions and Aether Stadium only works on basic pokemon. However i think this card can make Raikou with shining body insanely good.

Lycanroc GX is most definitely the edgiest Pokemon card ever! Bloody Eyes sounds so savage...

Huh, this is giving me a Cynthia's Feelings vibe - if that's the case, I think I'm gonna wanna put these into any GX-heavy deck I work on next.

I don't give half google's. That would be barbaric. ROFL.

Hehe. I like that channel! It gives me knowledge on how to play that specific card and how good it is. Thanks for the pun.
180 for 3, and with Lurantis, your have an easy way of recovinf those energies!
Right. It can be good but Lurantis need to attack in order to boost energies, it waste 1 turn.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Kahuna Hala - So, this kahuna will be Sycamore's Substitute and Ilima is for N. Yay! A new draw power for SM-on!

I wish Tapu Bulu was good. Hopefully Koko is amazing, I fully believe in it.

Ok so Hala will be my draw engine possibly instead of Hau. That mother will be a game changer, miracle arranger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tapu Lele-GX is absolutely incredible. Its likr if Jirachi-EX and Lugia-EX (AOR) had a baby. This card basically makes Lugia and Jirachi obsolete.

Why aren't some of the cards having translations? Look a as though to me it could be translated. They don't look blurry or nothing.

Why aren't some of the cards having translations? Look a as though to me it could be translated. They don't look blurry or nothing.
Translating takes time and they just haven't been able to translate the cards yet. In a couple hours, I bet we'll have all of the translations of the cards on this page.

Mewtwo EX NXD + Jirachi EX + GX Attack (not very important though) = Tapu Lele. This is an incredibly amazing card, and one that I expect to be a staple in many many decks. Jirachi EX, a 90 HP EX card, (yup, 90 hp, thats low enough to be searched out by level ball), was used in many decks back in the day simply cause of its ability. Considering Tapu Lele has that same ability, 170 HP, and an amazing splashable attack (remember when Mewtwo EX NXD dominated the metagame and was more expensive than shaymins were today, cause I sure do), in addition to a GX attack for psychic decks that isn't completely cringey or game-breaking. This card is nothing short of amazing.

EDIT: This comment was based on an earlier translation, where there was no mention about not hitting for weakness or resistance. So, this card is moreso a combination of Jirachi EX + ((Lugia EX AOR + Mewtwo EX NXD) / 2), (a mix of both cards, a psychic type that doesn't hit other pokemon for weakness but has none of its own unlike lugia ex). This card is still amazing nonetheless though, and it WILL, do not underestimate me, it WILL become a new almost pseudo-shaymin. This card's price will absolutely skyrocket upon release, its just that good.

Last edited:
EEK! I love all of those deckboxes and sleeves, need to get my hands on them! -.-
Alolan Sandslash is a pretty cool cards, drawing one card per turn. Tapu Koko-GX has a nice Ability, and Tapu Lele-GX is just pure power, really good Ability as well. I think Turtonator-GX will be used in Volcanion decks, it is pretty powerful and has a great GX attack, along with putting pressure on the opponent with its' first attack. Curious if the shiny Tapu Koko will be a secret rare in our set. Also, all of those cards have amazing artwork! Sun and Moon so far has me very exited for the meta.

Tapu Lele-GX is way too good. Disgustingly good.

If Mewtwo-EX (and Jirachi-EX, to a lesser extent) are any indication, the metagame has a new card to centralize around. I really didn't like the Mewtwo-EX era... I hope Tapu Lele sees several hard counters, and soon.

Back